Who steals used clothes?

Goldbergd

Earning My Ears
We had an amazing vacation at Bay Lake Tower and then stupidly left an entire drawer of my sons clothes in the room.

I have been told someone already checked in and out since we left and that there is nothing in the room and nothing reported. We are talking about 6 boys swim trunks and a bunch of boys muscle tees.

Whats up with that? I know it's our fault for leaving them behind but come one used clothes.

They may have been turned into lost & found by housekeeping, or simply tossed out. I'd bet we'd be surprised by what things, perfectly usable things, that are left behind in hotel rooms for the sole purpose of being discarded.

In 1997 my family was moving from GA to MO, and we were staying in a military guest house while waiting on our quarters to become available. I trusted my husband when he told me he got everything out of the room. Well, when I started doing laundry, I noticed that a bunch of my clothes were missing, along with some cleaning supplies. I realized they had been left in the room. So, we called housing and they said that it would have been taken to the lost and found in the laundry room. So, we went down there and none of our clothes were there. We called our room and asked the people staying there to look and see if they were still in the drawers, but they weren't. We contacted housekeeping and told them what happened, and said that since the clothes weren't at L&F or in the room that possibly the housekeeper took them? She took our number, and about 2 days later we got a phone call that they found our clothes. When we went to get them, they were in a trash bag, and there were still a few items missing. She apologized and said that anything found must go to L&F and stay there for a time period of 30 days before anyone is allowed to take things home. Obviously this housekeeper didn't know that and decided to take our things home like we wouldn't miss them.

When we checked into POFQ a few years ago there were a couple pairs of pants left in the drawer. I called housekeeping right away because, obviously, the room had not been fully clean. They said they would come and get the clothes. We stayed for 7 days and they never came. We never used that drawer.

When we checked into the Poly last year there was a pair of women's pants and boy's swim trunks. We just left them there when we left.

When we left, we left a bunch of stuff behind, making room for our souvenirs. We left clothes, ponchos, refillable mugs, and some other stuff we didn't mind parting with. It was about 4:45 am when we realized the stuff wasn't going to fit, so we just left them to catch our plane.

My guess is a lot of people do the same thing. I don't know what the actual procedure is for the folks who come across this "discarded" stuff but I'm hoping it gets used/recycled and not trashed.

When we were at WDW this past June, we were enjoying a relaxing day at SAB when they had to close the pool to clean it. We thought that was a good time to have lunch, so we went inside to get soemthing to go. When we returned, all 3 of our (personal) towels had been stolen. We were gone for no more than 20 minutes. One of them was a Hannah Montana towel that had my daughter's name embroidered on it. Why would anyone steal a custom towel??? Lesson learned. Even at WDW, we have to be very careful.

I've left two messages for lost and found with no call back but i did get the front desk to run up there and I was told there was nothing in the drawer.

That means it either went to the housekeeper or the people that checked in after me.

I've left two messages for lost and found with no call back but i did get the front desk to run up there and I was told there was nothing in the drawer.

That means it either went to the housekeeper or the people that checked in after me.

Sadly some people do not do what is the right thing. It is possible they checked in and simply through it away.

We have had neighbors do that when they get our mail by mistake.

I seriously doubt housekeeping even checks the drawers. They do good to get the room clean.

When we were at WDW this past June, we were enjoying a relaxing day at SAB when they had to close the pool to clean it. We thought that was a good time to have lunch, so we went inside to get soemthing to go. When we returned, all 3 of our (personal) towels had been stolen. We were gone for no more than 20 minutes. One of them was a Hannah Montana towel that had my daughter's name embroidered on it. Why would anyone steal a custom towel??? Lesson learned. Even at WDW, we have to be very careful.

We have had several things stolen at SAB.

Last Oct. we had a split stay at BLT and BCV.

Once we checked into BCV I realized that I left my favorite expensive hat in the cabinet next to the tv. I immediately called housekeeping but they did not have anyone to go check the room.

I hopped on the MK bus, walked over to BLT, went to the room and my heart sank as I opened the door and saw the housekeeper had already cleaned. I checked the cabinet and not only was my hat there, but my expensive sunglasses too!!:rotfl: Thank goodness for shoddy housekeeping!:goodvibes

We normally check everything before we leave, but BLT has alot more storage and more hidden storage without pulls, so easy to forget.

Sorry op, that yours was not a happy ending. I always turn things in I find:wizard:

We had an amazing vacation at Bay Lake Tower and then stupidly left an entire drawer of my sons clothes in the room.

I have been told someone already checked in and out since we left and that there is nothing in the room and nothing reported. We are talking about 6 boys swim trunks and a bunch of boys muscle tees.

Whats up with that? I know it's our fault for leaving them behind but come one used clothes.

We had this happen when one of the young men (early 20's) in our group left a drawer in the studio he shared with my son. We checked out before going to the park on our last day and he actually went to the dumpster and found it. So Mousekeeping hadn't taken it; they just tossed it.

I would wait and see what lost and found says. I left something once ont he boat in EPCOT and it showed up at my door three weeks later. I had made a report to lost and found. They take your addy etc. and if your items show up, they send them to you.

Did you make a report with them? You have to hold and speak to someone and make the report etc.

You may be surprised and it could all show up!

Sorry to hear you have trouble.

After we are done packing and the suitcases are staged near the door for CMs or for us to take ourselves we both do a thorough scan of all closets, safes, drawers, etc. I lost an expensive leather coat about 14 years ago by leaving in a hotel and since then we have our departing ritual. We even pull the sheets back to make sure socks or whatnot have not been overlooked.

Don't leave your crap in the rooms unless you want it thrown out. If its a DVC room, and you've got lots of crap, I think you should throw out most of it on your own.

a couple of years ago I left clean laundry in an OKW 1 BR dryer:sick: new t-shirts,bathing suits,etc. I called a couple of times,once right from the airport a short time later,everything had magically disappeared. sigh. didn't do it on purpose, I learned to check very carefully.:teacher::teacher:

Several years ago..we stayed at CSR..it was a Nov. trip. My dd left a dance jacket that was very dear to her somewhere on property at CSR. We called Lost and Found and reported it. She thought she left it in the restaurant maybe. She could not understand why anyone would take it because it had her named on it and the name of the Ballet school she attended. Anyway...they never found it while we were there. We were there 3 nights. They took our home address before we left. About 2 weeks later that jacket showed up in the mail. I called to say thank you and they told me that another guest had also lost a "black jacket" and so they thought it was that jacket and mailed it to them. That guest called and said that it was NOT the jacket they lost...sent it back to Disney and then it was resent to us. I thought that was absolutely amazing. :thumbsup2

Then in Aug. 2007 we were staying at SSR for our first DVC stay. We ended up moving to another 2 bedroom unit two days after we checked in (long story) and I forgot to take one of my swim suits out of a drawer. We moved RIGHT ACROSS THE HALL. My son left a stuffed animal on the bed. SO right away we reported it as soon as we checked in later that day. We never got those two items. We even wrote a note and slipped it under the door for the next guest to check the drawer for us. :rotfl2: Never got those two items back.

Guess I was lucky when we stayed at OKW. We went with my mother who is always hot. I brought an extra blanket for my bed since I am always freezing. When we left I folded back the covers that morning and put the suitcase on the bed. I completely forgot about the cheap little blanket until housekeeping called to see if I wanted it back. :cloud9: It was a thin blanket perfect for travel but I could have been easily replaced except that it did have sentimental value.:yay:

A stunned Winona Ryder was convicted of shoplifting last night.
A jury took six hours to decide the Hollywood star went on a shoplifting spree 'for the sheer thrill of it'.
Dressed in a knee-length coat, the 31-year-old actress looked pale and tearful as she was convicted of grand theft and vandalism.
She was cleared of one count of burglary - going into the store intending to commit a crime.
Superior Court Judge Elden Fox released Ryder on £14,000 bail until her sentencing on December 6.
Although the maximum sentence on both guilty charges is three years in prison, prosecutors said last night the actress is more likely to be sentenced to probation with a term of community service.
She will also have to pay Saks Fifth Avenue store in Beverly Hills for the £3,600 of designer goods she stole from them.
In her closing argument, prosecutor Ann Rundle recalled the opening scene in the film Girl, Interrupted in which Ryder's character describes how she gets her kicks by shoplifting.
Unlike the fragile mental patient she portrayed on the screen, however, Ryder was caught redhanded stealing armfuls of clothes, hats and bags.
'It could be that Miss Ryder stole for the sheer thrill of trying to get away with it,' Rundle told the Beverly Hills court.
The actress - who earns £ 6million a film - had denied all the allegations-Her lawyers pinned her defence on a theory that she was a victim of over-zealous security guards who hatched a plot to frame her.
But it emerged last night that a key piece of evidence was withheld from the jury by Judge Elden Fox.
Less than an hour after being seized by security guards on December 12 last year, Ryder signed a full confession listing the stolen goods.
However, the judge ruled the jury should not see the confession because Ryder claimed it was made 'under duress'.
Ryder did not take the stand to defend herself. But throughout the eight-day trial, she behaved like an actress playing a part. She was animated and appeared to be almost enjoying the process. As prosecution witnesses gave their damning eyewitness evidence, she looked bewildered and incredulous.
At other times she joked and chatted with lawyers and court staff.
In contrast to her previous glamorous appearances, she arrived for yesterday's verdict with very little make-up and her hair brushed back behind a black headband. Her father, brother and top Hollywood agent Ed Limato were in the public gallery.
Earlier, the court heard how Ryder went with a 'burglary tool kit' to the store and even used scissors to cut off security sensor tags before stuffing the goods into her carrier bags. She paid for four items as 'a ruse' to steal 20 more.
A 19-minute security video caught the actress in the act of hiding the stolen merchandise.
Her conviction is the latest incident in a life that has rarely lacked drama.
The goddaughter of controversial LSD guru Timothy Leary, she had been arrested for stealing as a child.
'The police brought me home and my parents tried to beat them up,' she said in 1997. At 18, she was famous for her relationship with actor Johnny Depp, who had Winona Forever tattooed on his arm.
At 20, she checked herself into a psychiatric hospital for a few days for depression and anxiety after her breakthrough film, Heathers.
She went on to become as famous for her relationships with stars such as Matt Damon and David Duchovny as for her Oscarnominated appearances in The Age of Innocence and Little Women.
Her career is certain to be affected by the scandal, with film studios having to pay higher insurance fees to hire her because of her criminal record.
One member of the jury who convicted her was former Sony film studios boss Peter Guber, who had previously made three movies starring Ryder.
Outside court, prosecutor Miss Rundle said: 'We have never asked for jail time for Miss Ryder and we are not intending to ask for jail time. We are simply asking Winona Ryder to take responsibility for her conduct.
'We are dealing with a probable probation sentence with some community service and, of course, restitution to Saks.'
She added: 'I found Winona Ryder to be a very nice individual, but this was not about her character, only her conduct.'
Ryder left the court surrounded by lawyers and friends and sped off in a Porsche driven by her lawyer Mark Geragos.
'I cannot say anything right now,' she said.

We too always check because one of our DD's is a tornado and leaves stuff everywhere!

In 2004 we left behind oldest DD favorite sweat shirt and called L&F to no avail and it was the same year we did our 1st dvc tour. At that time we decided against dvc and did not want to lug all the literture, dvd, and hard covered books back with us on the plane so left them on the table (all could be reused to an interested guest) and 2 weeks later we get a package from Disney, DD was so excited, but disappointment quickly set in when she realized no sweat shirt only all dvc promo stuff that we left behind! Go figure:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter