Who saw Pearl Harbor

Disnsyncey

Disney Princess
I just went to see it, and it was spectacular.....I thought a 40 minute battle/attack scene would get boring after a while, but it was well worked into the story, and I didn't even think I would get bored for one second......I really liked it....anybody elses thoughts??
Later!
Kat

Just back from seeing Pearl Harbor and I enjoyed the movie. I had a few Titanic flashbacks but I was happy with what my $7.00 got me.

We saw this movie last night and eveyone in our group liked it VERY much. I went to see it with no expecations and ended up being quite impressed with this film. In some of the reviews I've read, critics are giving the film a hard time for several things, for one I don't think it was Disney's intention to put out a documentary of Pearl Harbor which it seems that some critics expected. And as far as the Titanic references. I saw one article (don't remember which) where the writer suggested that Disney pay royalties to James Cameron because of the similarities to Titanic. I think these movies are two different types of movies, although both deal with the sinking of a ship or ships and include a love story. I don't think Titanic created this idea. James Cameron did an incredible job in portraying the sinking of the Titanic. Since they did such a good job, does that mean that no other movies should include scences of a sinking ship?

Hmmm, My heading may be a little controversial for the DIS, but it is what I will be telling anyone who asks my opinion on this excellent movie. Now I didn't see Titanic on principle (I'm a Star Wars Fanboy, AND I think Cameron's a womanizing hack). I didn't even notice how long it was.

Some comments that I hope aren't filled with Spoilers.

Needs to be gory llike Private Ryan to acuratly reflect the horrors of war.

Okay, Saving private Ryan was a very moving picture, at least the beggining was. BUT, that was D-day, this was Pearl Harbor. The scenes of trapped sailors and the rescue attempts, the hospital scenes and the rest do quite well at potraying the horrors of war. I thought it did as good a job or better.

Love Story sucks

Yes and no. it is a bit cliched, and I felt it left you hanging at the end. BUT, I thought the dialog was good and most of it up to the end was moving as well.

The Japanese were handled with gloves on for the sake of overseas profits.

UMMMM, Earth to critics. The notion that the Japanese as a people were evil died a couple decades ago. I suppose they could have done more with Tojo, but the Yamamoto footage seemed acurate enough Useing many quotes I've seen attributed to him in the past. I suppose that the lack of nasty racial slurs on the part of the Americans is a bit incorrect, but on the other hand, the war was just starting. The Japanese weren't feared and reviled until after Pearl Harbor.

Cuba Gooding Jr's Character, the Japanese and the American Intellegence community don't spend enough time on screen

Surprisingly enough, I didn't think so. the 3 hours blew by for me, but the supposed 10 minutes of footage was done so well that it didn't feel to me like it was merely token footage. Like Saving Private Ryan, and Titanic, this is a story surrounded by a factual event and I felt they did a good job of setting up the bombing.

The only other complaint I had was that during the Areial Footage, They couldn't resist paying homage to Top Gun, a fact that will likely be lost on the average viewer, but as a Fan of Top Gun, it was glaring to me. There were also a few Star Wars lines tacked in.

I don't know if it was intentional or not. It was the tone that reminded me. Well, except for the scene's in Long Island.

Possible spoiler.
All the commander had to say was
I want some butts
And it would have been a direct lift from T.G.

I give the movie and A-
everyone should see it.

Took my family last night to see it. All day the media ripped it apart, but we all enjoyed it very much ! Well done ! I will be buying the video when it is available for sure.

I know it's fashionable to knock Disney in any way possible, however my wife and I just got back from Pearl Harbor movie and we were both very impressed! The story line was good, the special effects were good and the overall acting was good. I saw the negative reviews in the last couple of days but I urge people to go see it and judge it for yourself, you won't be disappointed. Hope it does well at the box office!

Excellent movie, not boreing at all. It thought the 3 hours went by fast and I was uncomfortable the whole time because I ended up in the 2nd row from the front. I hate the front! Anyways I can't wait to go see it next week again on the giant screen our town has! I thought the film showed just what a horrible job the nurses and doctors had at the bombing. You normally think only about the sailors and forget all about the people that help save lives! I hope others get that fromt the film. Also there are some funny moments. Just look for the Hitler figure towards the end, I thought that was funny. Great action too! Don't miss this movie!

Saw it Sunday night and loved it! So did the other 4 people in my group - ranging in age from 28 to 60.

I thought the love story was a little predictable, but still good. One word of warning - don't drink too much soda because you really don't want to get out of your seat during the battle scenes.

Okay, I know I will probably offend some people, but I feel as if I need to say it.

Why do you think the acting in this movie was so great? I'm reading the responses on this thread, and I'm appalled to see all the people talking about the incredible acting in it!!! I am an elementary school teacher who does a lot of community theater on the side, so I've seen really bad acting. I think Ben Affleck and that other guy could join the line-up in my town. Ben has never been a great actor and it surely showed in this flick. The other guy wasn't all that great either (I think the actor's name is Josh something; he played Danny).

Please, folks, before you start saying the acting was great, go to some community theaters. You'll see that Affleck is way out of his league on the big screen, and it really shows in this film.

Look, the movie wasn't bad. I sort of enjoyed it, but it just didn't live up to the hype created for it. just my opinion.

lady

I loved PH. It's currently resting at #3 on my all time faves.

The other guy wasn't all that great either (I think the actor's name is Josh something; he played Danny).

You are referring to Josh Hartnett. I personally didn't think either of them were bad. I loved Kate Beckinsdale...maybe it's my teenage maleness kicking in, but I thought she was awesome. But my faves were James King (what a woman!! :p) and Dan Akyroyd.

I liked the story...It actually confused me for a long time (not saying more, potential spoiler)

The bombing sequence was awesome, and the aftermath in the hospital was stunningly awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter