Who on the boards are "Native Californians"

I'm not only a native Californian, I'll go you one better: I'm a native Angeleno (born and raised in Los Angeles). See how many of those you'll meet!

I moved to Orange County about 9 years ago so I don't know what that makes me now (okay, no wise cracks). We couldn't afford a house in a nice neighborhood in the L.A. area on one income so we moved south. The housing prices in O.C. are so ridiculously high now, I wouldn't be able to move into my own neighborhood if I had to buy today but that's another topic all together. Anyway, love it here now. Great place to raise a family.

I'm a native Californian!! I was born at UCI Medical Center in 1978 which isn't even 5 miles from DL!! I grew up in Orange County and now commute to the OC (Brea) from Wildomar :rolleyes: for my job because the cost of living has gone up SO much in the OC! (As almostGoofy stated above). It's even getting bad out here.

I would love to move out of state, to a place that experiences all 4 seasons (especially Autumn!), but I just can't seem to pry myself away from that Mouse. Don't even suggest moving to Florida, me & humidity aren't very good friends!! LOL
:crazy:

Another native here. I was born in Los Angeles, lived in Whittier for a couple years and then lived in Rancho Cucamonga until I was 18. Now I am being moved around the country at the whim of the Air Force. I miss Cali!

Born in Hawaii in 1965 (dad was a Marine, stationed in Kaneohe)...

Since returning the the Golden State at age 2, I have lived in: El Toro (7 years), Covina (8 years), Santa Cruz (5 years), Carmel (8 years), Highland (9 years)...

Sheesh! I move a lot!!!

:rolleyes:

1956 born at the junction of 17 and 280 (wasn't actually there back then) at O'Conner Hospital in San Jose. Grew up in Mt. View and Cupertino and Ben Lomond. Lived in Santa Cruz for 22 years and am now back in the Santa Clara Valley.

I was born in LA and lived around the area until I was 12- Then I was trucked to Utah where for some reason I still am...

I will never be a Utahn (I drive too well)- I will always been a Californian :) Specially aslong as those 4 words exist-

Jack In The Box :)

Man I want tacos right now.. :) -em

How cool that we have so many people with deep CA roots !

Just some follow-up comments to others.....

My Dad was a Seabee in the Navy also ( 24 years), I was born in the dispensary on base at Port hueneme !

My DH's mother and grandmother were both also born in Oxnard. We were maried in Camarillo ( my high school Rio Mesa's main rival ....) and first lived in a condo in Simi Valley ( I worked at the Adventists hospital there).

How cool, it sounds like we even have Chumash representation !

I also lived in South Pasadena, and Boyle Heights !

I can sympatheise about housing, it was a big reason we left when we did.

I was born in Covina and raised in the South Bay in Torrance. When I married, I moved to Palmdae and lived there until moving 11 years ago to Washington State. I LOVE living in Washington, LOVE the 4 seasons, LOVE my small town. I dont miss California at all. My inlaws have lived in the same house in Anaheim since 1955! My folks still live in Torrance. Its nice to have a place to visit, but home is definatly Washington for me!!!

I'm a native. I was born about 5 miles from Disneyland. Must have been something in the water that caused me to become a Disney nut. :-)

My husband is a 5th generation Californian. His family is from the SF Bay area.

We hardly ever meet another couple with both being CA natives!

:D

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Well, I'm not really a native -- my family moved here from Wisconsin when I was three but I certainly don't consider myself a Wisconsonian (or is that Wisconsonite?)! Basically lived in northern San Diego county (paradise 60 miles from DL) all my life. Considering we moved here in 1960 though, I have lived here longer than many of the natives that have reported a year that they were born... ;)

I was born in Long Beach, California and both my parents moved to California from back East (Ohio/Penn) when they were teenagers.
I grew up in El Toro and Huntington Beach.

Like a lot of people have said, I don't live there any more either - I live in the Rockies now.

I consider myself very lucky though to have grown up at the beach and now getting to experience "mountain life". Next on my list is Florida after I become a Grandmother (hint hint Pryncess

:wave: ) that is.

Well, they will have to have some where fun to visit, like hmmm let me see maybe WDW!!

Born and raised in No.Cal...4 year stint on the East Coast for college...back in So.Cal ever since... ::MickeyMo

Another Native here!! Don't think I could live anywhere else!!

I was born in Fremont(bay area)lived there for 19 years and moved to Stockton(30 south of Sacramento)been here for 14 years now!

Both my mom & my dad were born in Alameda(bay area)and raised in Fremont.

My husband was born in Fresno & raised in Fremont.

Both of my boys were born here in Stockton.

Proud to be Californian! :wave2: ::yes::

I was born and raised in Beautiful Downtown Burbank, home of Disney Studios. Moved to Santa Clarita (Hi MateasMom!) 20 years ago. Both our kids were born in Valencia and my son works at Magic Mountain. Funny, living in So. Cal all my life, I really didn't become a Disney fan until about 6 years ago. Although, we made at least 2 or 3 trips a year when I was growing up. I have a dear friend who's an Imagineer who meets me down at the parks whenever I ask. He just flashes his Silver Pass and gets me in for free! Lucky huh!

Party Teacher

Another native here!
Born in La Mesa (San Diego) at Grossmont Hospital (my dad was in the Army) in 1960. Moved to Anaheim in 1962. Moved to San Clemente (remember Nixon's beach house? Boy, I sure do!) in 1968 and now live in San Juan Capistrano, about 5 minutes from where I grew up. DH was born and raised in Whittier. His mom has lived in the same house since 1955. I think we live in the best place in the country. Only two seasons and no humidity. Plus beaches, mountains, and Disneyland all around the corner:)

Hi-

I'm also a native Californian: born in Los Alamitos, CA (Orange Co.)

DH was born in Cleveland and moved to Fresno, CA at 2 yrs old.

DH & I met in college at UCLA and lived in the South Bay (Hermosa, Redondo) for a while.

We moved to Fresno 6 yrs ago.

Both DDs were born in Fresno.

Susan

Born, raised, and educated in Arcata, California. While I always thought this was Northern California (about 1 hr south of the Oregon border on the coast) most people consider San Francisco "northern" California and SF is 300 miles south.

Unfortunately jobs are hard to come by up there and after 3 years in Silicon Valley after college, I moved to a small town near Seattle, WA. Have never regretted the move, but I miss the small college town near the beach.

I have many relatives in Southern California...father was born in Bakersfield and mother was born in Long Beach. Started visiting Disneyland when I was 2 years old in 1962. Now I get to take my kids.

I think it is interesting that most of us transplanted natives stayed in the pacific northwest.:D For me living in Boise and traveling to CA is like having your cake and eating it too !

I was born and raised in Santa Cruz, 49 years ago, my father was born in San Francisco, my mother in San Jose. My husband was born in Watsonville, so were his mother and father. We are native Californian's

This is fun:wave:

Yes, it is interesting to hear of all the folks that live in the NW. I grew up in Seattle, live in Oregon, and work in California (thankfully really close to DL). I do love the NW and the seasons, but being able to travel down to SoCal during these cold months is the best! I'm off to DL Sunday for my first visit ever during the holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter