Who needs May/June codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to tell everyone to beware! I am a travel agent for a Disney only agency and I just called on this code 3 times and was told each time that this is a "direct mail" code meaning you need to have your pin on file at check in. Now, I'm not saying you will not get it but do not be surprised if they do not honor the rate at check in. I had the last agent read the entire description of the code....at first it didn't mention the "pin" but as she continued to read it it clearly stated the pin number was necessary to get the rate.

I'm not trying to burst any bubbles here...I was actually trying to get this rate for a few clients. I just wanted to "warn" people!

Good luck!

Kim

I just got the code too!! :)
May 13 - 18 at CBR for $88 (inc tax)/night.
Doing the Happy dance!

There was never any question by the CM in regards to it being a post card or needing any pin or anything.
I told her I had a code and wasn't sure if it was valid, but asked if she could just check. So I even gave her a chance to say I needed a pin or card. And she didn't.
She had all our info....including email... on file and actually asked how our last visit is June was.
so maybe those that were told it had to have a pin or post card were guests not on file or whatever.

Anyway....now that I have it.....they can't take it away.....that is the way I see it! :earboy2:

AntKim, I was just about to post the same warning.

THIS IS A DIRECT MAIL OFFER and it requires a PIN number. If a CM books it for you without a PIN number they are doing it incorrectly and Disney is able to modify the reservation to full rack rate if you do not have the Postcard PIN offer at check in.

I know that the temptation of getting a fantastic rate is great, but be careful if you go this route knowing it is a PIN offer only.

One more thing I may offer on this, to the ones that did not have to give a PIN number it is possible that the CM found the offer in your profile when you gave your name (Disney does have a profile on people who are registered with them) so you may have had the offer and not known it.

Please keep in mind that posting PIN offer codes is not allowed on the DIS because they are not public codes. Public codes (for anyone, or AP, FL resident, etc.) are okay to post.

Sue Ellen

"...to the ones that did not have to give a PIN number it is possible that the CM found the offer in your profile when you gave your name (Disney does have a profile on people who are registered with them) so you may have had the offer and not known it."

That is what I was thinking too....:)
She did not give me a quote until she found my profile, etc.

I know that all of the times I've booked this, the clients have had a PIN code e-mailed to them, and the CM has checked to be sure the names and addresses match up with what is in the system.

Hi Guys! I just want to add my voice to the downer chorus....please beware. I'd hate for anyone to arrive at Disney and have their rates switched to rack. I booked my trip using the email pin that I received personally. The very very helpful CM told me it was the equivilent of a code (not saying, but it was said earlier by someone else), but that the offer was ONLY FOR THOSE ALREADY LISTED IN THEIR SYSTEM. She did not ask me for the pin or even if I had one until she had verified all my info that she ALREADY had somehow...assuming it was from registering at Disney.com. Just be careful...I am totally wishing hard for good rates for everyone still searching!!!!!

I just used the code a little bit ago

I called and told them I wanted to try a code....she asked how I got the code and I said email...then she asked my name and phone number and asked me to verify my address

then she applied the code....$59 for POP for 4 nights, $169 for WL for 4 nights.....may 6th on thru the next weekend...this was the first for me booking the trip...I booked room only, Ill get the park passes after the new system is in place

I asked her a couple times if I needed anything at check in (giving her the chance to mention a PIN #)...she told me just ID and a cc, like normal. AND she said I would be getting a confirmation in the mail, so I have that to fight them if they try to revert to rack at check in.

Thank you SO much to the OP.....this was a great christmas present. ...WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD

Me too! Please send me the May-June code. We would like to do a hubby/wife trip only and that would be the greatest place to do it at.
Thanks! :love:

I just got it too!

I asked to CM to check my profile to see if I was eligible for this code first and then to check availability for my current reservation for 10 nights, 2 rooms at the BC. She did and said I was, but I am still nervous.
Anyway here's what was I got:

The Beach Club I already had at rack ($334 +tax) was quoted at $244 including tax for a standard view. I asked to check the CR and nothing was available for my dates (June 22-July 2 2005). So she checked WL and this is what I decided upon. I have woods view, 2 rooms, 10 nights for 3055.00 including tax. That would be about $137 per night per room without tax, or about $153 including tax.

So I am very happy, yet still nervous. I must be in the system because I told her I did not have a PIN. I hope this will be okay!!

Thank you thank you OP!! :flower1:

Good luck to everyone!

Linda

cindyfan said:
"...to the ones that did not have to give a PIN number it is possible that the CM found the offer in your profile when you gave your name (Disney does have a profile on people who are registered with them) so you may have had the offer and not known it."

That is what I was thinking too....:)
She did not give me a quote until she found my profile, etc.

That is what happened to us. When we called to book, all we wanted was the AAA rate of $120 at POFQ that a CM had quoted to us a week earlier. The first CM my DH talked to did not act as if she was looking at our profile and insisted the best price we could get was $140 a night. When we called back, the CM went through a long list of questions verifying our profile, asking for my DD's birthdate, saying it was the only one she didn't have, asking if my parents would be travelling with us again (they go with us every year) and if we needed a room for them as well, and asking about our January 2004 trip. After all that, she offered the $79 a night rate. We didn't ask about a code, didn't know about a code, and the CM never mentioned a code, much less a PIN. When we called back to confirm the rate and ask about a confirmation letter, that CM never mentioned a code or a PIN either. If it weren't for this board, we wouldn't have even known the code existed!(Even though we figured they must be running some kind of special and we just hadn't heard about it.) I would hope that Disney would not expect people to show proof of having an offer they didn't even know they have!

Stiff said:
wow, $137

thats better than I did

That was a woods view without tax. Tax would be about 153. Maybe your quote was for courtyard view. I think they are more expensive.

Good luck!

I called this morning 12/26 and the cm asked me how i got the code. i told her off the internet.

She pulled up my profile and said I was not eligible.

I did not call back.

I will wait for general public codes.

Michele

Thank you! I called three times and this morning was the winner. She acted like it was no big deal and gave me rates for a few hotels. She also said I would just need a CC and my ID at check-in. We are staying at POP CENTURY May 5-11 for $59/nt plus tax. I've already started planning our dining and itinerary :D

Hey everyone. Just thought I would add my bit with the code. I called this afternoon to see about rates for the POFQ and AKL. I'm visiting June 17th-27th. After about a million questions on my profile she quoted me for the stay which had to be close to rack rate. Then I told her I heard of a code but I wasn't sure if you needed a pin or postcard to use it, that several people thought you might need one. She told me that the code did not need a pin or postcard and she would refigure my rate. I'm going to be paying $95 a night for a waterview at the POFQ which I am very happy with!! :Pinkbounc The AKL was discounted to maybe $230 a night savannah. POFQ was a much better savings IMHO. I spoke to the CM very honestly and asked her several times if I needed to have a pin or card she answered me with a very firm NO each time. This was defintely a you won't need anything at checking response not a I don't think so. She said I would be getting my reservations in the mail and that it would state that the code was applied and I would need nothing else. My CM was extremely friendly and helpful and I didn't pushfor the code just simply asked if it was a possibility. I do think there is a very limited qty of this code because as she was looking she kept saying she hoped there was some left for those nights. So thanks again, can't wait until June!! :earboy2:

Well guys...I just totally wimped out. I called CRO to make our "room only" reservation for May 8-15th at POR. I just took the AAA rate of $140 (not including tax) for a waterview room. I figured I would spend the next 5 months stressing about what would happen at check-in if I used the code. Oh well... :blush:

i called yesterday--the guy applied the code and said everything was all set--i then asked about the PIN..he looked and said, o yes, there is a pin required...so no code for me

The Code is ***, I dont know who "maryellen" is but she removed :cheer2: :cool1: :Pinkbounc princess: :grouphug: my code.THis is not a direct email code as I do not have my email even on file with disney or does it have a pin #. This is a code that the CM gave me to share as I was booking my room directly with disney on the phone. I dont appricaiate someone deleting my code because the CM said I could share it with friends. Anyway, use *** code. I dont have any pin # because I was never given one! Good luck! Missiowa

**moderator note**
The name is Sue Ellen and I am a moderator on this board. I put a note in when I removed the code and also posted that posting NON-PUBLIC codes is against board posting guidelines. This is NOT a public code, and is a direct mail offer that is linked to an individual and does require a PIN number.DIS Posting Guidelines
If you have a problem with the DIS posting guidelines feel free to take it up with a webmaster.
Sue Ellen

I think MaryEllen is one of the Moderators here and by posting a PIN code your breaking the rules they have set.

I could be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter