Who loves to plan and wants to help me choose more meals for our DXDP!?

mareejen

Mouseketeer
Bah! So, we leave in 29 days! And about 5 hours ago we decided to go with the Deluxe Dining Plan. Craziness. We will have 21 credits each, and 2 snacks. I thought it would be easier to pick all the new places...it's not easy. I need help, STAT. We are currently using...14. Thats 7 that need accounted for. So oh wise ones, what do you suggest? We're open to anything that is delicous, it doesnt matter how many credits it it :) I listed our eating itinerary, so feel free to take a look and help me decide! As of now, the only thing I am considering is Yachtman's Steakhouse, but I have been planning and rearranging all afternoon and i can't think straight anymore! yay:

*Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Friday August 20, 2010
2:30 pm
*Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
Friday August 20, 2010
9:00 pm

*Chef Mickey's
Saturday August 21, 2010
7:10 am
*The Plaza Restaurant
Saturday August 21, 2010
3:20 pm

*Teppan Edo
Sunday August 22, 2010
5:20 pm

*Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Monday August 23, 2010
11:50 am
*Flying Fish Café
Monday August 23, 2010
7:40 pm

*The Wave...of American Flavors
Tuesday August 24, 2010
5:00 pm

*Les Chefs de France
Wednesday August 25, 2010
1:30 pm
*California Grill
Wednesday August 25, 2010
9:40 pm

*Narcoossee's
Thursday August 26, 2010
8:45 pm

Looks great...add on Yahtsman steakhouse...what about a dinner show like spirit of aloha or hoop-dee doo??

Where will you be on the days you don't have meals planned for? When I did ours I planned our park days and then built around where we would be.

Is it just you and your spouse? Or are there kiddos involved... it may change too depending on what ADRs you can obtain this close.

It's just going to be my Aunt and I, and no kids! We pretty much plan out meals then plan the parks around them... hehe.

I see... LOL! I would definately go for a show myself. There's a lot to pick from isn't there? What about Artist's Point? Or doing one around a Fantasmic Package? Or the Brown Derby? Just thinking of a few we would have liked to try, but alas have a five-year-old with us...

Most people find DxDDP takes too much time- I think it is mostly because of the travel issue, are you staying at the Contemporary? If yes, then that makes sense to eat where you are... if not- you might want to sort of sketch out what your days would look like counting travel time.

Honestly, I might tweak some of your times a bit, I don't know that I would schedule neighboring meals quite that far apart, but that's me. We do breakfast at 8, lunch at noon and dinner about 5:30. One snack becomes a cold drink mid-day and the other becomes an end of evening snack.
Our times probably wouldn't work for you, but I might try to make a time for lunch and a time for dinner instead of varying so much by day.

Did you realize that your Saturday, Monday and Wednesday you have an 8 hour gap between meals? I would be dying, especially because on the Monday and Wednesday I would have eaten an early breakfast, so I wouldn't want to get a 4th meal or I would spoil dinner.

I would move the Plaza a bit earlier, then schedule a dinner nearby that night.
I would also add an EPCOT lunch on your Sunday. We loved Biergarten for lunch, it is quick but you can also relax and watch the show if you want to stay longer. I would just enter EPCOT and a time into the system and look at your options. There is a LOT still available during your dates.

Are you planning California Grill to see wishes? Because you know that Wishes is at 9 that night, right?

This will be our 6th WDW trip, but first w/the DDP (usually go w/the basic)..we figured we'd go all out this year :thumbsup2. Here's what we have so far..probably going to add Via Napoli when that comes around. Can't wait!!! :woohoo:

Fri., 10/22:
Counter Service for lunch
California Grill (Contemporary) - 7:20pm

Sat., 10/23:
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) 8:30am
Party for the Senses w/Wine View Lounge - 6:15pm

Sun., 10/24 (BIRTHDAY!):
Grand Floridian Cafe (Grand Floridian) - 9:15am
Rose and Crown (England) - 7:35pm

Mon., 10/25:
Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) - 9:30am
F&W Fest Marketplace for lunch
Eat to the Beat w/Billy Ocean - 5:15
Chefs de France (France) - 7:00pm

Tues., 10/26:
1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) - 9:55am
F&W Fest Marketplace for lunch
Flying Fish Cafe (Boardwalk) - 7:00pm

Wed., 10/27:
Kouzzina (Boardwalk) - 9:30am
Tusker House (Animal Kingdom Theme Park) - 2:55pm
Magic Kingdom:
Counter Service for dinner
Wishes Dessert Party (Tomorrowland Terrace) - 8:00pm
(Spectromagic @ 8:00pm, Wishes @ 9:00pm)

Thurs., 10/28:
Counter Service for breakfast
Le Cellier (Canada) - 2:35pm
Hollywood Studios:
Counter Service dinner
Fantasmic! at 7:30

Fri., 10/29:
Counter Service breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom) - 1:35pm
Citricos (Grand Floridian) - 8:00pm

Sat., 10/30
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) 10:00am

Wow! You've made some great choices so far! :thumbsup2

So, if you add Yachtsman, that will leave you with 5 TS meals to fill.

I'd suggest adding:
-Coral Reef
-'Ohana Dinner (We hate it, but most people LOVE it.)
-Whispering Canyon Cafe
-Crystal Palace (We love lunch/dinner here!)
-Either 50's PT or another Downtown Disney restaurant (Cptn. Jacks or Wolfgang Puck)

What a fun delima to have! :goodvibes

Edit: If you want to add more Epcot restaurants, you can't go wrong with Le Cellier or Tutto Italia. :)

We're going Aug 29th - Sept 5th

These are our plans

Day 1
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: Nine Dragons

Day 2
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch: Sci Fi
Dinner Wolfgang Puck

Day 3
Breakfast: Kouzzina
Lunch: San Angel Inn
Dinner: Teppan Edo

Day 4
Breakfast: Kona
Lunch: undecided yet but we were thinking ESPN Club or Big River Grille
Dinner: Ohana

Day 5
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Whispering Canyon

Day 6
Breakfast: Tusker house
Lunch: Yak & Yeti
Dinner: Spirit of Aloha

Day 7
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: Coral Reef
Dinner: Chef de France

We like Grand Floridian Cafe & Liberty Tree Tavern for lunches. Have been to Yachtsman's & Brown Derby several times, both are very good, too. But with so little time before your trip, you probably just need to see what you can get. Have a great vacation!:)

I'd suggest adding some of the following:

DHS day:
-Hollywood Brown Derby

MK day:
-Kona (B, L, or D)
-Grand Floridian Cafe (B, L)
-Artist Point (D)
-Trails End (B, L, D)

Epcot day:
-Yactsman Steakhouse (D)

Ak day:
-Jiko (D)
-Sanaa (L or D) - to watch the animals!

Happy dining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter