Who loves Tiki Maynard?

honugirl

One of those darn ECV users out to ruin YOUR vacat
Holy cow! I'm in love with him. He was working last night at the Tiki Room and he's hilarious! His whole tiki room spiel had the room ROFL. He's a guy maybe late 40's, early 50's named Maynard. He wears a lei. He has a deep booming voice. I guess he normally works Saturday and Sunday nights. If you see him, definitely check him out.

I was SO excited to spot Maynard at the Tiki Room last November. My family thought I was nuts because of my excitement and getting a picture with him. During the show he introduced our family and had us put napkins on our head in case the birds had an accident. :laughing:

6.jpg

Maynard has been the host several times we've done the Tiki Room and I think he's hilarious. :rotfl2: He really does make the show soo much more interesting than some of the other CM's we've encountered.

I had never heard of Maynard until last week when I was at DL. I met him on Wednesday and thought he was awesome!

My family was waiting outside the Tiki Room, and my son spilled his popcorn. I told Maynard (he was standing right near us) and he said he would clean it up, so I thought he was going to get a broom. I felt really bad, especially because he started scooping up the popcorn with a napkin, which I could have done myself and should have (but then we would have missed the "private" Maynard show!).

But instead of doing it like anyone else would, he made it into a sort of game, and gave the popcorn voices. He was hilarious! When he was done, he recited a commercial that he had written and recorded for a bottled water company in Hawaii. My husband and I loved him!

So in the car on the way home, DH asked me if I knew of a special way to let the Disney folks know what a great CM Maynard is. When we got home, he Googled it and found out that Maynard is a DL legend!

I feel so honored that I got to meet him!

We were there last Wed afternoon and we had him! Hiliarious! I had no idea it was the infamous Maynard, but he had everyone cracking up.

He was hilarious - totally refreshing - thanks, Maynard!

THIS -- Is why these boards are so cool :cool1: ..I never would have heard of this otherwise. Will BOLO for him While were down there in a few days.

Anyone know if he works a certain schedule?

Maynard told me that he's normally at the Tiki Hut Saturday and Sunday nights, but be on the lookout for him other times. :cool1: I now have another CM to watch for. I love Maynard! :worship::worship::worship: I need to go to cafepress and make an I heart Maynard shirt....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter