Who knew choking each other would earn us fastpasses?

OK...it took me til page 11, but I made it! I read every bit of your last TR and you have me hooked. :cool1:In fact, I headed over to this section of the boards to see if you had started...and boy was I excited to see that you had!! :banana:

Hi Lisa,

I started your last trip report last night and just kept reading. I had to take a break to go to work this morning but I was right back to it when I got home. I tried to read it at work but the network blocked the pictures...and I love all your pictures so I had to tough it our till I got home. My DH may feel a little neglected because I didn't spend too much time with him before he left for work tonight, but he did share a few of your pictures (Tom Sawyer Island) with me and few of your stories. Now I am all caught up and can't wait for more. I must confess I had to skip most of the PTR because I needed to do some Mom chores ;).

Morning everybody! Hope you all had a good weekend. We were really busy. I finally got all of the vacation stuff put up where it was before we left and the souvenirs put away.

We bought an above ground pool and are busy clearing out the spot where we used to have another pool. Since we skipped a Summer without a pool, the grass had started growing over the old spot. We worked in the 96 degree temps getting the ground ready again. I don't think I've sweated so bad in my entire life. It was soooo humid.

I thought that I would have an updated posted this morning but my boss worked this weekend so you can probably imagine what my desk looked like when I came in.

Hopefully, I can get an installment written and posted some time today. I brought my lunch today so maybe I can do it at lunch.

Oh and I'll be back to post replies sometime today too.

Ooohh looking foward to reading it :goodvibes

Do they ever have any kind of live entertainment/music/games going on at CBR that you know of? Just curious

TIA :thumbsup2

24 days to go :cool1:

Jen

Hey Lisa! I'm finally here! I don't know what took me so long. I'll go with just getting back from Disney, then having 1 week to catch up on everything at work, and then a weekend spent on the Buffalo River leaves little time for DISing, even if I was able to start mine! :rotfl:

But hey, you're at Disney now, so I only missed the driving, which is usually the most uneventful part anyway! :goodvibes

And I'll agree with other posters on how much you favor your Mama. and on how much older Hunter looks this year.

I can't wait for the rest of your TR!

This post will be short on pictures but long on words/details. I apologize in advance.

We had finally arrived at the Caribbean Beach Resort and had gotten our room requests! I had restrained myself and had not gotten in a hurry to go exploring. You have no idea how hard that was for me. I am the type of gal who drops the bags and shoots off into the wild blue yonder going ninety to nothing. This time, it was to be a slow easy glide into the wild blue yonder on whatever tail wind we could catch.

Ooooh wait.....I forgot to tell ya'll that I had chatted via instant message with Dana (racefanof88) a few nights before we got there. We were excited to meet each other and the plan was to meet after we got to the resort. We exchanged telephone numbers but I forgot to write her's down. I can be such a dumb bunny sometimes. :rolleyes: Anyway, on our second day of driving, I got more and more upset with myself that I didn't have Dana's number. It was my hope that she would call or text me. Just a little back story that I had to add in there so the next part would make sense to you.

I had had enough staying in the room as I could possibly stand and we were getting hungry anyway. We finally left the rooms and were off for a walk to Old Port Royale. I could have sworn that I took more pictures as we walked along but I guess I didn't. I think I was too busy pointing out things to Mama, showing her the resort, etc. I told her that, as long as she could find the beach, she would be able to find her way to Old Port Royale since the walkway around the beach goes around the resort lake. This tidbit of information would come into play later when she decided to spend some time at the resort by herself.

For those of you wanting more pictures of the resort, don't worry 'cause I have more pictures of the resort coming up a little later. Here are the pictures that I did take.

The pathway from our room to the beach:

SANY2382.jpg

The Jamaica beach:

SANY2383.jpg

Walking over the bridge to the island (but looking back at Jamaica):

SANY2384.jpg

The entrance to the island:

SANY2385.jpg

As we walked through the island, we could hear the Caribbean/Jamaican music playing and it just set the tone for the laid back kind of style we would assume when at the resort. Believe me, I needed this kind of music or I would have been itchin' to go do something....anything.

We walked into Old Port Royale via the gift shop and immediately I smelled that smell. What smell you ask? That Caribbean Beach Resort smell. I don't know what it is but it's smells so good. Call me weird, call me odd, call me whatever you want, but there's really a smell in there, I tell you. And I like it! :lovestruc

Of course, when you walk into the gift shop/store, you just have to stop and look even if it's for a little while. We looked at a couple of things but then our stomachs started growling and we knew we needed to fill them up. We walked Mama through the various stations so she could see what food options she had to choose from.

Mama and John decided on the deli sandwich station and Hunter and I went to the pizza and pasta station. John ordered the Reuben sandwich. Mama got the philly cheesesteak sandwich. I got the fresh tossed chicken caeser salad and Hunter ordered a cheese pizza with side salad. I honestly can't remember what we got for desserts. Well, yes I do kinda remember. I got a carrot cake and Hunter got a fresh baked cupcake. I don't know what John and Mama got as desserts.

We got in the checkout line with Mama so we could show her how the dining plan worked. She was a little bit confused but figured it out after we explained it to her again when we sat down.

I thought that I had pictures of our food but I guess I didn't take any. I know our stomachs were happy. Mama was overwhelmed with the giant portions that came with the Disney Dining Plan. She kept saying that we should have gotten something and shared it. This would not be the one and only time we heard this comment. We heard it alot.

Anyway, everything was super yummy. I could eat a salad each and every day if not twice a day. I love love love salads. The chicken caeser (is that the way you spell caeser or is it caesar or is it ceaser...heck, you figure it out and read it the correct way :rotfl:) salad was so good. I can tell you this about it though.....you better have a breath mint or some gum handy when you've finished or your breath will knock somebody over. :o If you're wondering, yes, I did have some mints in my purse....after coffee mints to be exact which would, from then on out, be called after salad mints by my family. John said the Reuben sandwich was just as good as last year. Mama said the philly cheesesteak was good but was waaaaay too big. Hunter gobbled down the entirety of his cheese pizza with the exception of one piece of crust. John ate the side salad that came with Hunter's pizza.

After we had eaten, we decided to check out the store and see what they had that we couldn't resist. I was a bit put out when I didn't find any Caribbean Beach Resort themed merchandise. We always get a CBR t-shirt but I couldn't find them anywhere. I found a castmember who said they didn't have anything with the CBR logo on them. She said that she had heard they were phasing out all resort themed merchandise. Guess there'd be no CBR t-shirts this year. :mad:

Dana had sent Hunter a lanyard before we left but we forgot it at home. Meaning, we needed to buy Hunter a lanyard for the Star Wars pins he anticipated buying this trip. He picked out a black one that had Walt Disney World on it. I don't remember it being too much. I think it was about $7.00 or right around that. He also found a pin but I don't remember what it was.

We walked around a bit more just to have something to do. I don't remember us finding anything else that we really had to have. I made a mental note that they had the Mickey head shaped cookie cutters in the store. I had two Dis friends who wanted me to pick one up for them. These were a little too big to cut out a sandwich (which I knew they both wanted to do) but they would do if I didn't find any others later in the trip.

John said he wanted to take Mama outside and show her around a little more. I asked what time it was and it was about 8:30 p.m. if I am remembering correctly. I suggested that they go outside, look around and then try and find a table that we could sit at and watch the Epcot fireworks. Sounded like a plan to us.:thumbsup2

Hunter and I stayed in line to check out. We paid for our stuff and went in search of John and Mama. It was already dark out so it was hard to see the people's faces who were sitting at the tables. I took out my phone and saw that I had a text message from Dana. Yea! She hadn't been a goofball like me and had actually written down my number. I texted her and told her that we were at the resort and was she there. While I was waiting for her to text me back, I called John and they were almost in front of us. If they had been a snake, they would have bitten me.:rolleyes1

Just as we sat down at the table with John and Mama, Dana texted that she was finishing up a load of laundry and would come down to meet us. Dale was sitting in the room resting and Dallas had just gotten out of the shower so it would be just Dana. I knew that it would be hard for Dana to spot us but I figured I would be able to see her coming since she was coming from a lighted area. In no time at all, I saw her and Dallas coming around the corner. I got up and walked over her way doing this crazy little arm waving while skipping thing and saying "Dana! Dana! Dana!" :yay:

For those of you who have read my previous trip reports, you know that I have no problem whatsoever with looking as goofy as all get out. I just want to have fun and don't care if perfect strangers look at me funny. :crazy: That being said, I don't want to look so goofy that people are ready to call in the authorites to either: A) have me arrested; B) have me committed; or C) both arrested then commited. :lmao: So, actually, I was restraining myself a bit by just skipping along and waving my arms. I didn't want to embarrass Dana to the point of her turning around and acting like she didn't know me from a man in the moon. :rolleyes1

Dana saw me immediately (would have been a bit hard to miss me :upsidedow) and, believe it or not, she didn't act like I was a complete stranger. We hugged like longlost family members. I gave Dallas a big ole hug too. :hug: I think it's just amazing that the Disboards have brought me and my Disfriends together. I love making new friends on the Disboards too. I talk about ya'll like I've known you forever. When I stop and think about it, I talk with ya'll more often than some of my local friends. Walt Disney is probably looking down from Heaven and smiling. :littleangel:

Dana and I walked over to where the rest of my family were seated. Introductions were made all the way around. Hunter immediately started showing Dallas magic tricks and had to show Dana too. :wizard: (Okay, so that little wizard isn't exactly a magician but it's close enough) A few minutes later, the Epcot fireworks started and Hunter and Dallas walked over to a corner and watched them while we all talked.

The conversation between all of us flowed so easily. It was like we talked everyday. Wait a minute, we do talk everyday.;) I think ya'll know what I am trying to say. :goodvibes Dana filled us in on how their trip had gone so far. She and the family liked the CBR and I was glad to hear that since I think I helped influence her in their resort decision making process. We talked for quite a while and then decided we all needed to call it a night. We were really tired from driving/riding for so long. Dana needed to get back to Dale and her laundry. :laundy: We bid each other "good night" at the walkway to the island. We were all going to Epcot the next day so we said we may run into each other even before the Dis Meet.

We walked back to our building. It was a nice evening with a little breeze blowing which made the walk even more enjoyable. I was so happy to be back at Walt Disney World! When we got back to our rooms, we told Hunter not to keep his Mamaw up too late because tomorrow would be our first park day and my very first Dis Meet. Actually, I think I should say my very second Dis Meet since we had just bid Dana and Dallas ado.

Up next: Epcot!

Great update, Lisa. I'm so glad that you and Dana got to meet. I still remember our "daily" talks with Ginny. :hug:

Sounds like a perfect ending to a first day.

Great update, Lisa. I'm so glad that you and Dana got to meet. I still remember our "daily" talks with Ginny. :hug:

Sounds like a perfect ending to a first day.

It's funny that you mentioned our chats with Ginny. I thought about her as I was posting my first installment. I could always count on Ginny to provide us with a laugh. I sure do miss her.

Hey!

I just found your TR, and I have just read it all the way through - love, love, love :)

I haven't really read many TRs before, and boy am I missing out! I feel like I'm on holiday (Ooops, I mean "vacation" ;)) with y'all!

Your TR is great! You have such a lovely family and it looks like you're having a blast so far! And getting to meet fellow DISers too?! Wow :thumbsup2

So I'm pretty much hooked now :lovestruc. See what you've done haha?! :rotfl:

Beth x

PS hi to everyone else on this report, I don't believe we've met...

Hey!

I just found your TR, and I have just read it all the way through - love, love, love :)

I haven't really read many TRs before, and boy am I missing out! I feel like I'm on holiday (Ooops, I mean "vacation" ;)) with y'all!

Your TR is great! You have such a lovely family and it looks like you're having a blast so far! And getting to meet fellow DISers too?! Wow :thumbsup2

Beth x

Hi, Beth. Stick around...Lisa's trip reports are great. :)

Great update Lisa. Sounds like a perfect, laid-back CBR night! :thumbsup2

How fun to meet a fellow DISer! I have yet to have a DISmeet, but I feel like you are all great friends!

Thanks for the great report so far. I'm all caught up. We have never stayed at CBR but I think I'm going to request Jamaica 41. That looks like a great spot.

Since we were booked at WL and I wasn't super excited about spending that amount of money on a room 1150.00 more. And dh and I don't care for the values we love the moderates. So we figure we would stick with what works.

caesar ;)

And, before you ask, yes, I googled it. I truely believe Google to be one of man's greatest achievements. I didn't even have to click a link, I just typed in Caesar S, and poof, up popped "Caesar Salad Recipie" and I knew it was good.

Ok ok, I digress. (Go Google!). Not much else to comment on. It still sounds like you're having a great time and it's awesome that you got to meet up with Dana and crew (well, only one part of the crew so far, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that will change.)

I know I stayed at CBR one of our trips when I was younger. I can't, for the life of me, remember quite when it was. It was between 1988 (when it opened) and 1991 though (I know we were at BC in 1992). My biggest memory of that trip was spending several hours (and lots of quarters) at the arcade... That, and having to use the Disney Busses for the first time. (Previous stays were off site (some hotel right near Sea World as well as my Grandparent's house), Ft. Wilderness, and Poly (a couple times I think).

But I'm rambling.

Hey!

Beth x

Hi Beth! Lisa's last TR was the 1st one I read & she had me addicted after that!:rotfl:

How in the world did I not post before page 12 :scared1::eek:. I hope you will forgive me, please, please, please, please?:guilty::sad2::sad1:.

I have been reading since about 5 this evening catching up :surfweb:. You forgot to mention that Dale called and was annoying me while we were talking Thursday night...... :rolleyes1:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:. I don't remember having that mirror over my table in my room :confused3. I will have to look and see if I got any pictures of it. Anyway, I'm caught up and I am going to try and stay that way. You know I am loving your writing, you always keep it so interesting :goodvibes:thumbsup2.

Great start to your trip! I'm glad you got to have a dismeet. Caribbean Beach Resort was the first Disney resort I ever stayed in. I liked it so much my first 3 on property stays were there. I haven't been back in awhile, I'll have to try it again. I can't wait for more updates!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter