Who Is Your Vacation Planner?

Who does the planning for your vacations?

• The woman of the house (wife, mom, etc).

• The man of the house (husband, dad, etc).

• Both plan equally.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know I thought about this when I made the poll choices, but didn't know how to word the choice! Partner 1 or Partner 2!!:confused3

For the blink of an eye when same sex marriage was legal in CA, they changed the marriage license applications to read Person A, Person B, but you could have really made it confusing...butch, femme, androgenous partner...you're right it does get very complicated! :lmao:

In our family, I do all the vacation planning. Once we get off the airplane, I have to tell DH which rental car company to go to. Fortunately at WDW, he usually knows which hotel to go to, since we usually stay at OKW. Anywhere else, once we get in the car, I have to tell him which hotel we're headed to. I kid him that I'm going to supply him with a complete itinerary, like on group tours since I do all the planning-where to eat, which sites to see when,etc. He says it's because he travels lots of different places on business and is always making travel plans at work. I don't know whether to believe him or not, but since I kind of enjoy being the family travel agent, I don't mind. And to his credit, he often comments about how I selected such a great hotel, resturaunt, etc.

I can't imagine this. I love our planning sessions. We spend hours studying menus and brainstorming the best ways to use our time. It is therapeutic for me. I think she actually places the calls more often than I do but we discuss all the details at great length.

I do all the vacation planning in our family.....be it Disney or elsewhere.

I enjoy putting together a schedule & everybody seems happy to go along.

However, after I line it all up if phone calls are made my DH does that part. I do all I can online but due to being hard of hearing the phone calls are his dept.

I thought about that too, however "You" only tells me the person is the disboarder, not who they are in the family.

Me the man of the house
The other man of the house
Me the woman of the house
The other woman of the house
The 4 of us do it together.

I plan everything. We take a vote on meals and which resort to stay at other than that its all me. DH's job is to load the heavy suitcases into the car and get them into the airport. DH loves DW but has no desire to plan our trips.

In our family, I do all the vacation planning. Once we get off the airplane, I have to tell DH which rental car company to go to. Fortunately at WDW, he usually knows which hotel to go to, since we usually stay at OKW. Anywhere else, once we get in the car, I have to tell him which hotel we're headed to. I kid him that I'm going to supply him with a complete itinerary, like on group tours since I do all the planning-where to eat, which sites to see when,etc. He says it's because he travels lots of different places on business and is always making travel plans at work. I don't know whether to believe him or not, but since I kind of enjoy being the family travel agent, I don't mind. And to his credit, he often comments about how I selected such a great hotel, resturaunt, etc.

I can't imagine this. I love our planning sessions. We spend hours studying menus and brainstorming the best ways to use our time. It is therapeutic for me. I think she actually places the calls more often than I do but we discuss all the details at great length.

Unfortunately our scenario resembles Simba's Mom most. I do run everything past my partner, but usually get the response, "whatever you want, dear". No matter how many times we go over the dining schedule, the plans, it's always, "When did we decided to eat at ....? " when we get there! :confused3

Unfortunately our scenario resembles Simba's Mom most. I do run everything past my partner, but usually get the response, "whatever you want, dear". No matter how many times we go over the dining schedule, the plans, it's always, "When did we decided to eat at ....? " when we get there! :confused3

Ah, yes-I forgot about that line! I also hear it all the time "Whatever you want to do is fine with me, dear." But to his credit, it usually is.

Now I would naturally act disappointed if I left the decision up to my wife even if I wasn't because I am male and that is what we do. If she were to ask whether I wanted sprite or 7up and say whichever is fine I would complain if she gave me 7up and feign having wanted sprite more. :duck:

However, I take vacations too seriously. It is not that I don't trust her it is that I enjoy planning it with her.

Hmmm.... If I bring up the trip too far out or too frequently I get the, "Are you going to be like this for the next 6 months? You're worse than your daughter and are driving me crazy."

Oh well... again, she certainly doesn't mind it's all buttoned up once we're there. I think she's a closet addict and being confrontational is her coping mechanism :rotfl:. She's like the class bully.

I, DW, do the planning. The "plan" is as important as the actual vacation and I really do enjoy it totally and completely. Makes me happy! DH is happy with this arrangement. If not for my plan, he would putter in the back yard forever and ever and ever and ever.... I think I've somehow saved him. LOL LOL LOL

ME ME ME and all of my DIS board peeps. :banana: I am sure you all guessed that one. :rotfl2:

Our vacation planning goes something like this...

DH:"Whatever you want is fine. I'll leave it up to you."
Me: "Are you sure, well what do you think about blah blah blah?"
DH:"I'm sure it will be fine. Whatever you think."
Later...
DH:"Why are we going to MK on Tuesday? Thursday has EMH!?"
Me"Grrrr"

Hmmm.... If I bring up the trip too far out or too frequently I get the, "Are you going to be like this for the next 6 months? You're worse than your daughter and are driving me crazy."

Oh well... again, she certainly doesn't mind it's all buttoned up once we're there. I think she's a closet addict and being confrontational is her coping mechanism :rotfl:. She's like the class bully.

Ooh! That is SO my DH! :rotfl: We've always done a Dec. trip together, so the phrase I hear all the time is "don't rush my summer!" :scared1::rotfl2: LOL Poor kid, doesn't he realize May is our 7 month mark for potentially looking at other DVC resorts, and June is our 180 day mark for almost everything else?!? This is when the important stuff needs to be decided! What do you mean most people don't know what they're going to want to eat for dinner tomorrow night, let alone 6 months from tomorrow night, AND for the week following? :rolleyes::laughing:

You know, the planning keeps me sane and gets me through the months leading up to the trip, and on here, amongst all of you who "get" what it takes to plan a WDW trip, it all seems so logical and orderly and sane. Yet, trying to explain the planning process to people outside the Disney bubble usually results in folks looking at me as though I have 3 heads. :dance3:

Thank goodness for the DIS! :grouphug:

I voted "Man of the House", although we're a "two Man" house!! I do all the Vacation planning, and just tell him when to be ready!

I make all the arrangements (and love doing it); we decide together where we want to stay and eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter