Who is your favorite Disney character & why?

Well, I'm aging myself but mine's Tinkerbell and here's why:

When I was a very little girl (3 or 4 years old) my parents started me reading very early. They read to me, I had a phonics record and I had the old school read along disney stories that came with a little book and a little LP record. The disney record introduced each story by saying "And you'll know it's time to turn the page when Tinkerbell rings her little bell like this." and there would be a pretty tinkling chime sound. So, it wasn't the movie Peter Pan but those little story books/records that imprinted on me.

I hope someone else remembers those too.

Fairy Godmother of course! Mickey may think he's in charge, but she's the one with the magic wand!

Oh..... and she whips some great costumes!

Well, I'm aging myself but mine's Tinkerbell and here's why:

When I was a very little girl (3 or 4 years old) my parents started me reading very early. They read to me, I had a phonics record and I had the old school read along disney stories that came with a little book and a little LP record. The disney record introduced each story by saying "And you'll know it's time to turn the page when Tinkerbell rings her little bell like this." and there would be a pretty tinkling chime sound. So, it wasn't the movie Peter Pan but those little story books/records that imprinted on me.

I hope someone else remembers those too.

I do, I do!!!! I had the "Pete's Dragon" one. I loved those little books and records. My parents even got me the "It's a Small World" single on our very first trip.

Peter Pan! But Dumbo comes in at a close second :)

I adore Peter and how naive he is. He has no fear and has the child like sense of wonder. He's never had to worry about "adult things" and does what he wants. :goodvibes I try to kinda do that and not be afraid of things. I only have one life, might as well live it up.

as he once said, to die will be an awfully big adventure.

Rabbit is my very favorite.

Also adore Minnie.

Scar is very impressive in the parks. He once walked up to and loomed over me and I actually had a "jeepers" kinda feeling. He's a great villain, too.

Genie is very cool to see, too. They're all cool to see if they happen to be walking by, though. :)

I don't like Tinkerbell. Well, I like the old Tinkerbell well enough. I don't like this sassy, flirty-sexy, beloved by 11 year old girls, "Oh, snap!" kind of "Tink", though. She annoys me.

Vidia. She's just so snarky, and I love her dark hair but light eyes. I think she's the prettiest of the fairies.

Of the princesses, it's a tossup between Belle and Tiana, but I think Tiana takes top honors. She's spunky, hard working, and likes to cook! Belle's biggest con is that she has the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing going on, which is a little weird if you think about it too much. Tiana doesn't seem to have as much baggage.

I have to break it down into princesses, villains, and non-villains.

Princess. I love the story arc of Tiana in The Princess and the Frog, but I think that's because who doesn't love a good rags to riches story. I was thinking Aurora, but that's probably because Sleeping Beauty is in my top 5 films of All-Time. So I'm gonna stick with Tiana on this.

Favorite villain, hands down, without a question, Frodo. I know many people don't like Hunchback and that's fine, but I view him as just pure evil and see him as the devil reincarnated. Plus, I think Hunchback is an underrated Disney film.

Finally, I love Goofy. Maybe it's because I'm 6ft 4 and tend towards the clumsy and always find the awkward in every situation that I am in.

Ask me to pick just one and I go with the Chesire Cat. Just saying.

I have 2. I was talking to a CM once in a gift shop many years ago, she had asked me who my fave was and I told her that I struggled with who I liked more - Donald or Dopey. And she told me I didn't have to choose because everyone needs and "angel" and a "devil" on their shoulder - so everyone needs at least 2 fave disney characters - a "good" one and a "not-so good" one :) It does work out that way for everyone in our family....
My DH loves Goofy and Grumpy, My DS loves Mickey and Stitch and My middle daughter loves Minnie and Tink. Can't wait to see who my littlest girls will be :)

she told me I didn't have to choose because everyone needs and "angel" and a "devil" on their shoulder - so everyone needs at least 2 fave disney characters - a "good" one and a "not-so good" one :)

I like this !!
Although it seems I mostly like the "not-so-good" ones.. Stitch, Donald, Grumpy, Tink... all mischievous ones :)

eeyore....not sure why...I just love to see him in the parade, with his head down looking sad...especially at christmas time

DSC00716.JPG

I do, I do!!!! I had the "Pete's Dragon" one. I loved those little books and records. My parents even got me the "It's a Small World" single on our very first trip.

Glad someone else remembers! Although, Pete's Dragon was released in 1977 so I'm afraid I'm still the "ancient" one here. Mine were in the mid 60's - all the traditional stories like Cinderella. Some of the little LP records actually had the big hole in the middle so you had to put a plastic adapter onto the middle rod of the stereo in order to play those big holed records. Then they made them with the normal hole size eventually.

Did yours (a decade later) still have the Tinkerbell chimes to turn the page?

I don't have any kid stuff - my mom wasn't a person who kept stuff. It would be kind of interesting to know what my collection was. I do remember a really great illustrated Uncle Remus stories large hardbound book (not with any records) - Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, etc. All the collection of stories.

Ludwig von Drake - Like me, intelligent but often full of himself. Actually reminded me of one of my grad school professors.

Ranger Audubon - Happy to be with his charges, but often annoyed with them. Humphrey reminds me so much of my DD!

Now if I can find a t-shirt with either one when I go to WDW next week, I'll be very surprised.

I love Pluto :lovestruc !!
He's just the best.

100_0568.jpg

Pluto & me(with terrible brown hair) at DLP 2007

As you can see by my name and avatar I am a Pooh fan...always have been and always will be. When I was pregnant with my first DD, I told everyone that I am theming the nursery into the classic pooh characters. Everyone in my family and my DH's family ran wild with that idea and since I had 2 baby showers (DH's family lives 3 hours away from us), everyone at both showers gave me everything that had to do with Classic Pooh and the Pooh and Friends that you see now. My DD is going to be 10 in May and she and her sister share the same room which still has the same Classic Pooh characters on their walls ( they still like it too :goodvibes).

As for my favorite Princess I absolutely love Belle....she is so down to Earth, pretty in both of her dresses, and I just love that movie. I get very excited when I see both of these characters in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter