Who is wearing hoodies today in support of Trayvon Martin?

heartsy77

2024 taking the kids and grands to Disneyland !
My dd 16 came home yesterday and told me that everyone, including the vice principal, and principal, are wearing hoodies., in honor of Trayvon Martin. I think it is AWESOME they are joining in!

I not trying to argue anything about his case; I just think that it so great these kids care enough to show their support to his family!

I am interested to know who else is doing this! And yes both DH and I are are participating! :cutie:

No, because I think the whole hoodie thing is stupid.

And that has nothing to do with my screenname!

I haven't heard about it. BUT I did see a member of Congress I think it was get in trouble for wearing a hoodie.
I don't think it is stupid. It is in support of a kid who was killed for no reason:confused3and if I knew I would.

Nope. I wear a hoodie if it's cold enough to do so. Never as a political statement.

How about the dozens of black youths killed all the time in this country? Just read Chicago crime reports for almost any weekend. What's so special about this kid? It's a tragedy and the shooter should probably be charged with at least manslaughter.

The problem is that there are only about 2 known facts so far: Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman shot him. The courts will sort this out. Hopefully some cooler heads will chime in to keep this issue from turning into violence. The President could play a big role in that.

I have very mixed feelings about this story, but I am convinced of a few things--the Sanford police botched this case badly, people on both sides of the issue have rushed to judgment, and the media (both liberal, conservative and otherwise) have sensationalized the case for their own purposes.

I await the results of a more thorough investigation by a more competent agency before wearing a hoodie in protest and/or support, but I am indeed alarmed that a young black man walking through a gated neighborhood wearing a hoodie is considered grounds for confrontation, altercation and death.

I don't think that anyone here is doing this, at least not that I've heard.

I wont be wearing a hoodie in support any time soon, I wear a hoodie when I feel like it. There is so much contradictions in the stories of this case, I was first quick to say one thing but now I am withholding my opinion on anything due to there are just too many facts we dont know. eyewitness accounts all contradict themselves.

I have very mixed feelings about this story, but I am convinced of a few things--the Sanford police botched this case badly, people on both sides of the issue have rushed to judgment, and the media (both liberal, conservative and otherwise) have sensationalized the case for their own purposes.

I await the results of a more thorough investigation by a more competent agency before wearing a hoodie in protest and/or support, but I am indeed alarmed that a young black man walking through a gated neighborhood wearing a hoodie is considered grounds for confrontation, altercation and death.

:thumbsup2

How about the dozens of black youths killed all the time in this country? Just read Chicago crime reports for almost any weekend. What's so special about this kid? It's a tragedy and the shooter should probably be charged with at least manslaughter.

The problem is that there are only about 2 known facts so far: Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman shot him. The courts will sort this out. Hopefully some cooler heads will chime in to keep this issue from turning into violence. The President could play a big role in that.

Well, the difference is in Chicago it's mostly gang violence that's killing our youth. They are killing each other - and innocents who are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yes, it's a huge problem (and there are conversations about it), but there's no comparison to this case.

Well, the difference is in Chicago it's mostly gang violence that's killing our youth. They are killing each other - and innocents who are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yes, it's a huge problem, but there's no comparison to this case.

The comparison is that they both have youths that should not be dead. I don't see anyone wearing some special clothing to try and support the innocent bystanders shot in gang wars or doing anything useful to stop it.

Again, why is this case special?

How about the dozens of black youths killed all the time in this country? Just read Chicago crime reports for almost any weekend. What's so special about this kid?

I would like to agree with you but change it just a bit. How about All the youths killed no matter the color/Race?

I think the hoodie thing is stupid, and considering how many people wear them every day, I hope who ever dreamed this up doesn't try to say everyone is wearing them in support. It would almost be like "wear pants" in support of something!

I would not be happy if my children's school administration did this, especially when all the facts aren't out there. The district supervisor would be hearing from me if I heard the principal did this.

The comparison is that they both have youths that should not be dead. I don't see anyone wearing some special clothing to try and support the innocent bystanders shot in gang wars or doing anything useful to stop it.

Again, why is this case special?

People are working/protesting here all the time to try and stop the killing of our youth. Watch a documentary called The Interrupters. It's fantastic.

Also in most cases here, the shooter is arrested. And, right or wrong, race is a huge issue in the Florida case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter