Who is visiting Mickey in March???

tchrrx said:
Public Service Announcement: If you will be at DL and DCA the week of March 17, please be certain to pack your sunglasses. I just tried on my capris and shorts, and my legs are blindingly white! I apologize in advance for any damage that comes to those whose eyes are affected by the whiteness.

2 weeks to go! Clothes are ironed and hanging, waiting to be packed. Toiletries are packed (other than last minute things).

I leave in 8 days and only have my rain poncho & photo pass+ ready- I better get packing!!
Funny about the PSA- thankfully I'm heading home the day you arrive....lol

We're here now and LOVING IT! It's our second day but after a 15 hr flight yesterday we were a bit tired. So much so that last night we could see the fireworks from our hotel window at DLH but were too tired to get out of bed! Today we went to DCA early entry and got to do everything in carsland before the park opened! Hubby walked straight on to RSR. DD4 is having a fantastic time but tomorrow is my birthday so it's going to be all about mummy! I hope everyone else has a great trip too.

tchrrx said:
Public Service Announcement: If you will be at DL and DCA the week of March 17, please be certain to pack your sunglasses. I just tried on my capris and shorts, and my legs are blindingly white! I apologize in advance for any damage that comes to those whose eyes are affected by the whiteness.

2 weeks to go! Clothes are ironed and hanging, waiting to be packed. Toiletries are packed (other than last minute things).

We get in on the 20th ive actually been hitting the cancer beds to avoid a awful burn and or blinding people with my white Canadian skin!!

You are so ahead of me in your getting ready!!!!

We're here now and LOVING IT! It's our second day but after a 15 hr flight yesterday we were a bit tired. So much so that last night we could see the fireworks from our hotel window at DLH but were too tired to get out of bed! Today we went to DCA early entry and got to do everything in carsland before the park opened! Hubby walked straight on to RSR. DD4 is having a fantastic time but tomorrow is my birthday so it's going to be all about mummy! I hope everyone else has a great trip too.

Will you share what order you did Carsland in? How early did you get in line for your EE?

So excited for everyone leaving now!! :cool1:

We leave NEXT WEEK! That sounds so crazy. I'm really hoping the crowds aren't going to be too crazy but I have a feeling we'll be in the thick of it. We were spoiled last time and went mid-Feb. I don't think a single ride was over an hour at peak rush times.

SweetAlex said:
So excited for everyone leaving now!! :cool1:

We leave NEXT WEEK! That sounds so crazy. I'm really hoping the crowds aren't going to be too crazy but I have a feeling we'll be in the thick of it. We were spoiled last time and went mid-Feb. I don't think a single ride was over an hour at peak rush times.

We leave Sunday, I feel the same way. I was hoping we would miss the crazy crowds but looks like I was wrong.

We leave Sunday, I feel the same way. I was hoping we would miss the crazy crowds but looks like I was wrong.

This Saturday Deluxe Ap's are blocked, so that will help a little, then I do believe Monday will be quite pleasant- Sunday may be crazy though so we plan to eat at BB and take our time, ride fast loading rides, do a little shopping and just enjoy being there... heads up those driving though- LA news stations are predicting this storm that blows in Thursday and Friday will bring cold air, a little rain down to the basin- but low snow... they are saying Grapevine may close friday... ACK! :drive:

We are in the park now. My dd just got an invite to the media event to the princess fantasy fair stop I'm excited that we aren't going to miss it after all!

Chelsea524 said:
We are in the park now. My dd just got an invite to the media event to the princess fantasy fair stop I'm excited that we aren't going to miss it after all!

That is great!

hi, I'm new around here, we are somewhat local (vegas) and going March 13-16. I originally planned on going 15-18, but reading more and seeing that the crowds might be pretty high that weekend, we decided to take a couple of days off work mid-week and go 13-16 instead. Even got a cheaper rate at Anaheim Plaza Inn when switching my dates. We are doing breakfast at Minnie and Friends on Thursday morning, then lunch at Ariel's Grotto Friday afternoon. My DD is 3 and obsessed with princesses and Ariel in particular, so she will be in heaven, and my 6-year-old's favorite character is Minnie.

I am SO excited! My kids have never been, and I'm making this trip a surprise until the day we leave...both for the fun of the surprise and to avoid hearing "When do we leave?" for the next week and a half. It's SO HARD keeping the secret, though! It will be worth it though. I'm going to play a game with them the morning we leave called "Let's pretend we are packing for a trip," where we pack for the trip, and then I'll say let's see how it fits in the car...and when they get in the car, I have 2 autograph books I got from disneystore online that will be sitting in their carseats. When they say "What are these/what are these for?" I'm going to say "They are autograph books for when you meet the princesses, Mickey and Minnie, and everyone at Disneyland," and I can imagine they will say "when are we going/are we going" and I will say "YES--we are going RIGHT NOW! Buckle up!"

Then they will have 4 hours to get used to the idea!

Chelsea524 said:

That's fantastic!! How did she get so lucky?

We're leaving in the morning!!!! I cannot wait. The kids still think we're leaving Thursday. This surprise is going to be awesome.

cristyhas3 said:
That's fantastic!! How did she get so lucky?

We were taking pictures in front of the castle and a gentleman came up to us and asked if we would like to attend the media preview for it.

Chelsea524 said:
We were taking pictures in front of the castle and a gentleman came up to us and asked if we would like to attend the media preview for it.

What a lucky princess! She was royalty for a day!

hi, I'm new around here, we are somewhat local (vegas) and going March 13-16. I originally planned on going 15-18, but reading more and seeing that the crowds might be pretty high that weekend, we decided to take a couple of days off work mid-week and go 13-16 instead. Even got a cheaper rate at Anaheim Plaza Inn when switching my dates. We are doing breakfast at Minnie and Friends on Thursday morning, then lunch at Ariel's Grotto Friday afternoon. My DD is 3 and obsessed with princesses and Ariel in particular, so she will be in heaven, and my 6-year-old's favorite character is Minnie.

I am SO excited! My kids have never been, and I'm making this trip a surprise until the day we leave...both for the fun of the surprise and to avoid hearing "When do we leave?" for the next week and a half. It's SO HARD keeping the secret, though! It will be worth it though. I'm going to play a game with them the morning we leave called "Let's pretend we are packing for a trip," where we pack for the trip, and then I'll say let's see how it fits in the car...and when they get in the car, I have 2 autograph books I got from disneystore online that will be sitting in their carseats. When they say "What are these/what are these for?" I'm going to say "They are autograph books for when you meet the princesses, Mickey and Minnie, and everyone at Disneyland," and I can imagine they will say "when are we going/are we going" and I will say "YES--we are going RIGHT NOW! Buckle up!"

Then they will have 4 hours to get used to the idea!

Oh FUN! You make me want to be there to see their faces, ha ha ha. I know you'll have a great time; my boyfriend and I are also going to be there the 13th, yay!!! I'm sooooooo beyond excited---one more week to go!

We leave a week from tomorrow! :cool1: I am so excited. I am supposed to be writing papers for my midterms but instead I am on here. :rolleyes1

Never mind ~ friend and I won't be visiting this weekend.

Might be cancelling WDW in Oct and head back to DLR in early October *with my sister's family :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter