Who is traveling solo?

luvdsny

Homeschool Mom Extraordinaire Go Broncos!
((Barb, this one is for you ;) ))

I think there is a list somewhere out there with people who are traveling solo to DIS-Con 2001, but I can't find it. :rolleyes:

So here we go again...reply if you are coming alone. :) Thanks. :)

<font color=green size=3>Boise DIS Meet,
March 17th 2:00pm
Red Robin, on Parkcenter Blvd.</font>

<font color=red size=4>HAVE A DISNEY DAY</font>

<font color=navy size=3>M-I-C...see you at The DIS Convention, K-E-Y...why? Because we LOVE Disney, M-O-U-S-Eeee...</font>

Me. I had a great time last November when I went by myself. I figure that this will be even more fun. :)

Take Care,
Dumbºoº a/k/a Dayna

jumpinggreens.gif

Snowwark, It's fun to travel by yourself. You can:

1. Go to bed and get up when you want.
2. Never have to wait to take a shower
3. Eat wherever and whenever you want. Ice cream for breakfast? Who's going to know?
4. Meet and talk to other people traveling solo. I met lots of interesting people on my solo in November. I might not have met them if I had been occupied talking to Dh.
5. Ride whatever you want whenever you want. I can ride Dumbo as many times as I can stand waiting in line. Of course, I do that when Alan's with me, too. It sounded good though.

Don't get me wrong. I love when other people come with me, but a solo trip is lots and lots of fun. :) :) :)

Take Care,
Dumbºoº a/k/a Dayna

jumpinggreens.gif

Of course, you know I am! ;) I think I know enough DIS'ers that I will be fine. Snowwark, I'm a little nervous, too. But, I think they'll be enough of us that we should be fine. I know there are a few mini-meets, already mentioned, that I am going to do. I already have a few meal dates lined up, too. (dinner with PandyPaws at Whispering Canyon and a dinner at Norway with Taryn) Between the meal dates, the mini-meets,and the special convention activities, I think I'll be very busy! :) I figure that's probably the best way to meet everyone, too. Anyone that wants to hang around with me, is very welcome to do so! :D

Barb-for Real!
Been there, done that, GOING BACK!
noears.gif

All those of you travelling alone, please do not worry.. We are a friendly group.. Did I share my story about meeting a Diser in the stretching room at Haunted Mansion.. If you want to read it,
click here This is going to be even more fun as the assemblied Disers will be together in many different events, including the ones that some of you are planning. So bring on the Convention, I am so excited.

<font color=purple>Mac-key Mouse</font>
dancecindy.gif

Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention
Co-Moderator Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies
Co-Moderator Trip Reports
Co-Host Wednesday Night Chat

elvis.gif

I said it over on the other thread and I'm happy to say it again....too :cool: !!!! :D :) :D :)

I just love those 'chance meetings' that so many of you have had. :)

<font color=navy size=3>M-I-C...see you at The DIS Convention, K-E-Y...why? Because we LOVE Disney, M-O-U-S-Eeee...</font>

Me!

*raises hand*

I think we'll all be fine. I'm looking forward to my dinner with Barb and if anyone else wants to come please be in touch! I could be interested in Whispering Canyon... *hint hint*

We should definitely put together a singles mini meet, maybe even before the start of the Official Convention events so we will not feel uncomfortable going into some of the larger events.

This is going to be great!

Taryn
Eeyore2.gif

Port Orleans 2000

If I can make it that is! But if I have the chance, it will be solo, but I'm sure I won't feel alone :D :D !

Can't wait to see you there!!!

Marielle

WDW - 1987/1990/1992/1995/1996/2000
DLP - 1996/1997/1998/1999

A mini singles meet before the convention starts is a good idea! If I go, I'm planning on arriving the day before the convention, which would be the 26th or 27th. You know, at this moment I can't remember when the convention starts! :rolleyes:
Anyway, I would probably arrive early thanks to those 6:00am charter flights! I haven't decided where to stay yet, but I'm leaning towards PO/DXL. :)

snowprince.gif

....what did Marielle say? :eek: :) :eek:

((keeping fingers crossed for you Dutch fan. :) ))

Hi Snowwark,

I know what you mean about the six am flights! I'll be arriving on the 26th and I'm booked in at Port Orleans French Quarter. Got a great rate with DC... maybe we will start our first DIS meet at the Toronto airport! Just remember to get the coffee before you get to the gate! I swear the last time I went back for coffee it took me half an hour!

Taryn
Eeyore2.gif

Port Orleans 2000

Taryn, I love the idea of a singles mini-meet, too. You should suggest that on Mac-Key Mouses's thread where she's still looking for ideas. When we get closer to the convention, and we get a schedule of events, we can plan our dinner night. I'm looking forward to that, too. And, of course, anyone else that wants to join us, please do!! :D I

Barb-for Real!
Been there, done that, GOING BACK!
noears.gif

Hey Barb, I caught that singles idea here. It has been duly noted. Marielle, I hope you come... that would be so terrific. :) :) :)

<font color=purple>Mac-key Mouse</font>
dancecindy.gif

Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention
Co-Moderator Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies
Co-Moderator Trip Reports
Co-Host Wednesday Night Chat

shamrock.gif

I will be solo.

Are we going to have a solo conventioner's table? :)

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

I think a solo table is another good idea, right at the front of the convention room, in front of the podium, if in fact there is a podium!! :)

snowprince.gif
img28.gif

I'll be at OKW.

[This message was edited by KarenNY on 03-22-01 at 12:26 PM.]

I am now seeing mikamouse's thread on this...sorry Janet. I didn't search very hard, did I? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter