Who is to Blame?

Who is to blame for no new attractions or Needed updates?

• TDO

• Imagineers

• Both

• Neither

• Economy

• Other (Leave a comment on your opinion)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ASteelersMidget

DIS Veteran
So I've been on the boards a while and a bunch of what I see is "Update this" or "New attraction that" which leads into It will never happen because "TDO is cheap" or "there is a lack of creativity within the current Imagineers"

That has led me to this.....

Which is it?

So I figured I'd Ask This Poll. Who is to blame?

I believe the blame lies in a split. The TDO gets 80% while the economy gets 15% and The lack of creative ideas(imagineers) gets 5%

What do you think?

I think plenty of money is being spent. I think fools complain because it's not on thier first choice.

I think plenty of money is being spent. I think fools complain because it's not on their first choice.

I agree 100%. Disney just built a new cruise ship, they're building another one, Shanghai is getting a park, Fantasyland Expansion, new shops in DTD, I believe a lot of work was just done in Disneyland (I may be wrong on that one), the new AoA resort, the upcoming remodeled rooms... there's plenty of money being spent. Are those my first choices? Not really, but that doesn't mean "nothing is happening" with Disney.

I think plenty of money is being spent. I think fools complain because it's not on thier first choice.

Yes, I agree. Mostly it's good people doing the best job they can, and what they provide is pretty awesome. It's always easy to armchair QB.

It's all dollars and cents. There's only so much that's going to be budgeted for infrastructure, and the enterprise is growing (DCL, Shanghai, etc.) -- I really don't think Imagineering is much at fault. They can only work with what they've been given, and that appears to have been a pretty short leash lately.

Fans, of course, always want more and better. I'm sure Imagineering would love to (and be able to) deliver if the budget allowed for it. But I also think long gone are the days when Disney cornered the market on creative talent. And, of course, everyone harps on the failures, especially the high-profile ones, such as EE's Yeti.

I agree 100%. Disney just built a new cruise ship, they're building another one, Shanghai is getting a park, Fantasyland Expansion, new shops in DTD, I believe a lot of work was just done in Disneyland (I may be wrong on that one), the new AoA resort, the upcoming remodeled rooms... there's plenty of money being spent. Are those my first choices? Not really, but that doesn't mean "nothing is happening" with Disney.

I may be wrong, But isn't China Paying for the majority of Shanghai DL?

I'm really not sure who is to blame, or if someone should be blamed at all. It's not like they're not adding anything new at all. The Imagineers are creating the same types of attractions they've been creating since Disneyland opened- attractions that place guests in the world of Disney (and now, of course, Pixar) movies. I love Pixar, but I don't know how much I'll enjoy Cars Land, especially the new main attraction because I have been on Test Track so many times. But still, it'll still be amazingly detailed I'm not the biggest Cars fan, but kids love Cars, and if they think it's so great then shouldn't the rest of us try and gain their perspective?

I don't know how the Imagineering process works when it comes to how much approval they need to start a project, but a lot of consideration is obviously put into what they do.

I'm not going to assign blame to anyone because who am I to critique the Imagineering proccess? I don't know all the facts, how much money is spent, or who gives the green light on new projects. Maybe one day I will, because I plan to be an Imagineer, but till then I'll study how they handle situations and learn to accept that not everyone is going to enjoy my hard work and ideas placed into the parks.

TDO and the projects around the world. Anyone who voted for WDI has no clue. WDI designs they don't approve!

I do not think anyone is to blame.
THings are being bult new, renovated, added to and improved.
Unfortunately not eveyone is always happy with what is being done.
I am a huge Disney and WDW fan and am headed in October for trip #44 and then again in November for #45.
I keep coming back some of the changes since first visit in 1986 I am happy with others not so much, but I keep coming back.
I think some people just want more than Disney can do reasonably with all projects that are working or on the boards.

Oh By The Way – For us not Disney insiders
TDO is Team Disney Orlando / Walt Disney World Resort Administrative Headquarters, Florida
I I I

To be totally honest i Just ask if there is an abbreviation i didn't know I would just ask. Or figure out. I didn't even know there was a list..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter