• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is the nicest TV star's you have met and who are the not so nice?

Bite your tongue! :mad:
:confused3 Met him once and it was my impression and the impression of those around me. Don't see why you need to post the angry eyes.

See, I think so much of this may be what day you catch people on. Celebrities have bad days and good days just like everyone. I guess being celebrities maybe it's expected that they should be "on" all the time they are in public, but I think that would be impossible for anyone.

When we met Demi she was lovely. She signed an autograph for my speechless dd, and since dd wasn't talking I told her that dd had been her for Halloween. Demi was pulled away by someone (management or handler), but she sought out dd later about 10 minutes later, took pictures with her and spent about 5 minutes (a lot given this was one a red carpet premiere with hundreds of people trying to talk to her) talking to dd, smiling and seeming very genuinely interested the whole time.

I'm pretty sure it was an off day. She was okay during the sound check and during the concert. But during the meet and greet, something was off. When she rubbed her temple--in restrospect, it was probably a headache and likely caused from all the stress she was under. (She looked completely happy and normal in photos--but that in between, you could tell something was up.)

I worked at a publishing company, and a lot of our writer's had met/interviewed many. Three that I remember one of the editor's telling me about was:

1. Chris Farley - very down to earth, funny but had a haunted/sad look in his eyes. (My editor ran into him at an airport bar not long before he died.

2. Chevy Chase and Sigourney Weaver - both jerks from what he said.

I do believe of course that stars are just normal people and agree they shouldn't have to be "on" every minute of every day. They get sick, stressed, angry, just like the rest of us and it's ok. It sucks for those of us who happen to cross their paths on their particular "off" day and can sometimes leave a sour taste in our mouths. I do feel however that those that walk around entitled or treat the help horribly must just be that, bad people to begin with. I find when someone truley is not nice, it will just show through no matter what and the stories of them being not so nice will surely show their true personality.

When we were in L.A. a few years ago, we went to a taping of Suite Life of Zach and Cody. My son met one of the twins after the show. He was really friendly. He chatted with my son, signed an autograph and took a picture with him...
Scan-1.jpg

Can't remember if that is Zach or Cody. However the other boy is definitely mine.

It's Zach

I've met Conan O'Brien and Andy Samberg from Saturday Night Live and both were really nice.

My cousin took an acting class taught by Alec Baldwin a few years back and apparently he was a great guy.

Also, not a TV star, but I met Alan Rickman earlier this year and he was a sweetheart.

:lovestruc I love Alan Rickman so much.

SO relieved to hear Conan was nice. I'm going to have to believe Idina had an off night. I adore her, so I'm biased. I bet Kristen Chenowith is a doll.

Anyone ever met Mike Myers? I've heard he is a total diva and the worst in Hollywood to work with.

DH and I have met some wrestling stars and they have all been SUPER nice and very humble.

I bet Ellen is nice.

SO relieved to hear Conan was nice. I'm going to have to believe Idina had an off night. I adore her, so I'm biased. I bet Kristen Chenowith is a doll.

Anyone ever met Mike Myers? I've heard he is a total diva and the worst in Hollywood to work with.

DH and I have met some wrestling stars and they have all been SUPER nice and very humble.

I bet Ellen is nice.

oh, huge wrestling fan here! Mind sharing who you met?

Oh, Kenley who was on Project Runway a couple of years ago? Remember her? I've been told by someone who worked on the show that she was exactly the way she was portrayed (I know sometimes people are just edited to look bad or good, but she was exactly as shown).

SHORT: Elton John, Prince, Liza Minnelli (all about MY height, 4'10" :scared1: )

You know who else is short? Al Pacino -- he's around 5'5" tall. When I saw him, he was with someone taller, which made him look that much shorter. LOL

Nice: Paula Deen. She was adorable when we met her at WDW a couple of years ago -- chatted with my DD for a few minutes in Casey's Corner.

Also nice. and nice looking ... George Clooney :)

The absolute nicest celebrity I've met is Sarah Jessica Parker. She was so bubbly and sweet and genuine. I met her at the Sex and the City movie premiere and she came up to my friend and I and ask how we liked the movie and what we thought. She actually spent quite a bit of time with us and was every bit as down to earth as I would've hoped. Her husband, Matthew Broderick wasn't as nice. I don't know if he was just shy or what but he didn't want to talk to or take pictures with anyone (including on the red carpet) and kept using the excuse "It's Sarah's night, not mine. I'm just here to support her" which is nice, but he could've at least looked like he was having fun.

I met Idina Menzel after one of her concerts quickly and she seemed very down to earth to me. She signed autographs and took pictures and very sweet.

I didn't like Kelly Ripa the one time I met her. She was very rude and kind of blew everyone off.

In defense of Matthew Broderick, I've met him once or twice and he was friendly. A little shy, but personable.

Years ago, I went to the record signing of "The Producers" Broadway cast album. Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick and Mel Brooks were there. A man walked up to the table and said to Matthew "Your wife is hot!" and before he got a chance to answer, Mel Brooks said "What about my wife? She's not bad either!" (Of course, Anne Bancroft was still alive at the time.) Still makes me smile.

For what it's worth, I've also met Mel Brooks 2 or 3 times at various Broadway functions. Nice, nice man.

Very nice
Willie Nelson
Collin Powell
John Davidson
Peter Gabriel
Evander Holyfield
Bill Gates
Jimmy Buffett
Bill Clinton
Roma Downey
Ashely Judd
Chevy Chase
Steve Martin

OK
Michael Jordan
Michelle Pfeiffer
Michael Jackson
Van Halen
Luther Vandross
Hillary Clinton
Joe Frazier
Jack Nicholson
Danny Devito

Meh
Mellissa Joan Hart
John Denver
Barry Bonds

I totally agree about Matthew Broderick. I was in the city with my goddaughter who couldn't have been more than 10 or 12 at the time. We had just come out of a show and were walking up to the parking garage. Matthew was waiting outside the stage door for his wife who was rehearsing a show. He looked so much like any other person that most folks were passing him right by. I bent to my princess and told her to wave hello to Mr Broderick. She looked at me blankly, not realizing who he was and I said "Ferris Bueller, honey." Then she said "OH COOL!!" and started waving. He had heard the whole exchange and thought it was hysterical. He was very nice, motioned us over, shook her hand and asked her if she enjoyed the show we saw. I've also heard that Sarah Jessica Parker is sweet as well.

Our other brush with greatness was spotting Al Roker at 30 Rock buying a newspaper after the Today show. He was very sweet as well.

I've met Conan O'Brien and Andy Samberg from Saturday Night Live and both were really nice.

My cousin took an acting class taught by Alec Baldwin a few years back and apparently he was a great guy.

Also, not a TV star, but I met Alan Rickman earlier this year and he was a sweetheart.

Whaaaaat? You met Alan Rickman? You are so, so, so lucky...OMG he's wonderful! :love::love:

and I'm glad he's nice...it's like icing on the cake:lmao:

I met Bob Dinero while working in New York City and he was one of the classiest, nicest people I've ever met.

On the flip side I met Bruce Willis at Typhoon Lagoon while he was ushering his kids to the front of the line and he was a total *bleeping bleep*

Takes all kinds I suppose.

oh, huge wrestling fan here! Mind sharing who you met?

Sorry, just woke up from a nap.

No one really current, and I'd have to ask DH if I missed anyone and some of these are really old school.

DDP
Kevin Nash
Doug Dillinger (head of security, just ok. but I suppose in his line of work, he couldn't be too nice).
Sick Boy
Rick Flair (DH would leave me for him! LMAO. Also, I don't know if you remember David Flair, Ricks son who tried wrestling for about 2 months. My BFF moved into his apt in Charlotte after he had moved out).
Boogie Woogie Man (there is a HILARIOUS story about that, but I'm not sure if you know who that is, so I'll save it if you do)
Disco Inferno(creep)
Some other ones not as popular, but I can't think right now. I'll ask DH.

met.
I met Bob Dinero while working in New York City and he was one of the classiest, nicest people I've ever
On the flip side I met Bruce Willis at Typhoon Lagoon while he was ushering his kids to the front of the line and he was a total *bleeping bleep*

Takes all kinds I suppose.

The one guy who could have an attitude because he's one of the greatest actors in the world. I think it's awesome he's nice. I adore him.:lovestruc

I was just thinking has anyone ever met any TV star's and they where really nice and has anyone met any that are not so nice?

My Mate met Clare and Sarah of Hollyoaks and they seemed nice

Ive met many stars, mostly in music, but some in TV.

The nicest Ive met was Alice Cooper.

The meanest was Joyce DeWitt. Boy I could say some things about her....

No one really current, and I'd have to ask DH if I missed anyone and some of these are really old school.

DDP
Kevin Nash
Doug Dillinger (head of security, just ok. but I suppose in his line of work, he couldn't be too nice).
Sick Boy
Rick Flair (DH would leave me for him! LMAO. Also, I don't know if you remember David Flair, Ricks son who tried wrestling for about 2 months. My BFF moved into his apt in Charlotte after he had moved out).
Boogie Woogie Man (there is a HILARIOUS story about that, but I'm not sure if you know who that is, so I'll save it if you do)
Disco Inferno(creep)

That is a pretty impressive list. My hubby is a huge fan as well. He would go nuts meeting Nash and Flair and probably DDP.

I recall the David Flair experiment. That was an EPIC fail LOL. I googled Boogie Woogie Man and I do recall hearing the name Jimmy Valiant from his time in WWE [or F at the time] but I never got to see him wrestle.

DDP
Kevin Nash
Sick Boy
Disco Inferno(creep)

Younger DS is an Indy Wrestler and has met many "old school" wrestlers and a few not so old school. He was trained by some of the guys from Somoa (I think that's right)--they are all pro wrestlers and all family. He was signed for shows in AL and FL by The Undertaker's old manager Paul Bearer.

He has also met: Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Page, Raven,Rick Flair, Rey Mysterio and a bunch that I didn't actually know who they are. He said they were all really nice and helpful to the younger, less experienced wrestlers.

DS is not very big at all (155 lbs) but can do a lot of high flying manuevers so has been lucky to get in the ring with several of these guys.

The only wrestler that he has met that he couldn't say anything nice about was Jake the Snake. He was a real a**. DS wouldn't get in the ring with him because he said he was drunk and spaced out on drugs.

Younger DS is an Indy Wrestler and has met many "old school" wrestlers and a few not so old school. He was trained by some of the guys from Somoa (I think that's right)--they are all pro wrestlers and all family. He was signed for shows in AL and FL by The Undertaker's old manager Paul Bearer.

He has also met: Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Page, Raven,Rick Flair, Rey Mysterio and a bunch that I didn't actually know who they are. He said they were all really nice and helpful to the younger, less experienced wrestlers.

DS is not very big at all (155 lbs) but can do a lot of high flying manuevers so has been lucky to get in the ring with several of these guys.

The only wrestler that he has met that he couldn't say anything nice about was Jake the Snake. He was a real a**. DS wouldn't get in the ring with him because he said he was drunk and spaced out on drugs.

Yep, that sounds about right. If I may ask, what area of the country does your DS wrestle in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter