• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is the nicest TV star's you have met and who are the not so nice?

Dom Deluise is hands down one of the nicest, sincere people I have ever met.

I was on a flight from Atlanta to San Francisco in 1995. I was 19. Got bumped to first class. I was thrilled. I was in the window seat, and here comes Dom Deluise. He sat down and introduced himself. Like I didn't know who he was.

We talked the entire flight. He was really nice to everyone around him also. Even took pictures with everyone who wanted one, even in coach.

I loved his films, and was really happy to know he was genuine.

I have gotten the oppertunity to meet and hang out with a lot of the Survivor stars...they were holding a benefit at Celebration, and DH and I hungout at the bar with a lot of them...

Some really great people - Russell!!Yes..evil Russell is a big sweetie, Jerry, Mike Skupin, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Cao Boi(he was a fav of mine..such a nice guy), Big Tom, Phillip, Yau-Man Chan..

Some of them really seemed bored by the whole event, which was such a shame. I also went back this year, and cannot wait for next year too!

Oprah Winfrey, super, super nice!!

Zsa Zsa Gabor, ugh, talk about an elitist snob.

Extremely nice: Donny Osmond and Walter Payton

Nice: Diahann Carroll, John Madden, Rick Monday (former Cub), Kenny Rogers

EXTREMELY Rude: McLean Stevenson from M*A*S*H. I had to sit in a meeting with him for FOUR HOURS while he treated me like crap. :mad:

I've worked with celebrities most of my career.

Some that stand out:

Super nice: Dennis Quaid, Keith Urban, Bret Michaels, Howie Dorough (Backstreet Boys), Trace Adkins, Billy Ray Cyrus, Joe Don Rooney (Rascal Flatts), Garth Brooks, Martin Mull.

Super jerks: Toby Keith, Gary LeVox (Rascal Flatts).

Nigel from So You think YOu can Dance

i was at Staples Center for a boxing fight - no one recognized him and i was standing in line at McDonalds and he was buying a happy meal. LOL

We took pics together and we chatted it up. What an awesome guy!

I haven't met many famous people, but one of my daughter's close friends when she was a kid was an actress. She played the oldest daughter in "Mrs. Doubtfire" and actually she said Robin Williams was wonderful and great with the kids. She also loved Pierce Brosnan who treated them all really well. The person she acted with she did not like was the guy who played "Dan" on Roseanne - I've forgotten his name. She was in a movie with him and said he was a complete jerk and horrible to everyone.

Teresa

The worst was Idina Menzel, who I didn't get to meet because she was "too tired". I mean, even her husband, Taye Diggs had time for a handshake and picture.

That's odd...........that Idina's the worst, but you never actually met her (because she was tired). I'd probably just give her the benefit of the doubt - you never know, she could have been sick or something:confused3

Anyhoo, absolute best is Susan Lucci.

Worst turned better............Bruce Willis

Worst.........Robin Strasser (Dorian from One Life To Live)

Part of "The Ref" was filmed at the marina my grandparents owned, and Dennis Leary was there for a fair amount of time. He was SO nice, even though he got scolded my my grandmother for cursing so much. :laughing: (Also very generous with the craft service!)

Adam Sandler - very down to earth and personable

I worked as a runner for the DWTS tour years ago and met alot of the talent.

Joey Lawrence, Karina Smirnoff, Cheryl Burke and few other that I can't remember their names, shook my hand. None of them had time to really talk with us, we are the help.

On that tour was Wayne Newton who has to be one of THE most genuine and approachable person in the world, his meet and greet ran over by at least an hour while he had his family and dinner (that I delivered to his tour bus) waiting for him. I was totally impressed by him, so kind and gracious. He had security run pink duct tape on the floor toward his room so his young daughter would always find her way around and back to their dressing room.

Marie Osmond - I almost ran her down walking really fast past her dressing room while she was coming out to head for the stage. I apologized profusely and she said "that's ok, have a good night". Terrible hair extensions but such a pretty woman. Her kids were OUT OF CONTROL behind the venue outside by her tour bus. Even celebrities have unruly kids.

In January of this year, my DH and DS13 met and went on stage with the OCC crew at Foxwoods. My DH was a finalist to win one of their custom bikes at that show. It was pretty exciting, they are a fun bunch of guys, very generous with their fans and their band is INCREDIBLE, if you have a chance to see them live.

The absolute nicest celebrity I've met is Sarah Jessica Parker. She was so bubbly and sweet and genuine. I met her at the Sex and the City movie premiere and she came up to my friend and I and ask how we liked the movie and what we thought. She actually spent quite a bit of time with us and was every bit as down to earth as I would've hoped. Her husband, Matthew Broderick wasn't as nice. I don't know if he was just shy or what but he didn't want to talk to or take pictures with anyone (including on the red carpet) and kept using the excuse "It's Sarah's night, not mine. I'm just here to support her" which is nice, but he could've at least looked like he was having fun.

I met Idina Menzel after one of her concerts quickly and she seemed very down to earth to me. She signed autographs and took pictures and very sweet.

I didn't like Kelly Ripa the one time I met her. She was very rude and kind of blew everyone off.

Regis Phillban (spelling??? no idea) was a total jerk when we saw him twice...TAPING THE DISNEY PARADE NON THE LESS!!! Who can be a total JERK-WAD when they are at Disney World???? No idea. I thought it wasn't possible.

Hah, I once saw Regis walking home, drunk off his ***, harassing doormen and maitre'd's he passed as Joy like, rolled her eyes and pulled him along.

I've seen/run into a lot but I generally don't like, interact with them.

People who seemed completely normal while buying cheese - Tim Gunn, Lorraine Bracco, Kevin Kline, Richard Kind, Matt Dillon (buying coffee in his pajamas) ...

Oh, Harvey Keitel is nice, spent the day kind of working with him and an ex of his on a charity project, very nice.

Christopher Reeve, super nice - saw him interact with people a lot and a friend of mine had a hilarious supermarket run-in during which he was quite nice.

Seinfeld is kind of whatever - I've never really seen him interact with anyone but the people he was with so .... :confused3 Acts fairly normal in stores and the like though.

Oh, not a TV star but I did interact with - JFK Jr. and Darryl Hannah bummed a quarter off me once. He was always totally normal whenever you saw him.

Oh and (heh I keep remembering people and editing), a friend of mine had a ... substantial, multi-day, uhm, personal run-in with Russell Crowe and he is, indeed very nice. And generous.

Nice: Tyra Banks, Hansen, Any of the Baldwin brothers, Donna Summer

Jerks...HUGE jerks: Chevy Chase, Tommy Mottola

My sister said she met Hank Azaria in a hospital elevator once and he was very nice.

wow that surprises me I would have thought they would be jerks.

I was trying to decide if I should share my Martha story..
I grew up in the town where she lived and taped her show for some time. She was very entitled and disruptive to the community around her. (Regularly blocking traffic w/her trucks..)

She asked my HS select chorus to sing at her holiday party. We waited in the garage for awhile.. no food or drinks were offered. We sang and she was very unhappy w/the arrangement we wanted to stand in (she pictured us up and down the stairs but we couldn't hear each other and had always been in a semi-circle.. we had no adult with us). She was quite vocal about it.

We sang and were dismissed. Tons of amazing food everywhere.. we were HS students who sang for free. We were treated rudely, barely thanked, and we couldn't believe she didn't feed us anything. :sad1:

NOW That is JUST what I would expect from her.

Every year Chicago Ridge has their RIDGE FEST. They get mostly older bands and celeberty bands to be the entertainment.

A while back they got Keanu Reeves and his band to play. Before they went on, Keanu was out on the fair grounds winning stuffed animals and giving them away to the kids that walked by. He was SUPER nice chatting with anyone, and signing autograghs.

The next year we had Kevin Bacon and his band play. Lets just be nice and take Thumper's mom advice: "If you can't sat nofin nice, don't say nofin at all! ; )

So here is my list: NICE
Keanu Reeves
Peter Frampton
Michael Zaslow ( Roger Thorpe from the Guiding Light)
Hank Williams Jr.

Not so nice and little wonky:
Kevin Bacon

I met Captain & Tennille at Epcot (after a show) when I was a kid and remember them being super nice and spending a lot of time with me.

I used to have several run ins a year with Andie McDowell. Let's just say that I have a hard time stomaching her movies now because her characters DO NOT reflect how she behaved. Actually, it was more her sister, who is her assistant or something. Andie didn't really do or say anything to anyone, but the sister was RUDE! (I was working, not asking for autographs or anything-I was just doing my job)

I have relatives that live where she is from and have actually encountered her several times. I believe nasty is the word they used, and apparently everyone from her area feels the same way.

I have relatives that live where she is from and have actually encountered her several times. I believe nasty is the word they used, and apparently everyone from her area feels the same way.

That's actually where I'm from (where she lives now). I met her through her charity work. Don't be fooled by the charity work-that doesn't mean they are nice.

When I worked in radio we got to meet so many celebs...not so much in TV!

Nicest: Mr T, George Hamilton, The Temptations (all funny, friendly and open)

Nice: Elton John, Marlon Jackson, Evander Holyfield (Very easy to work with)

Adorable: Janet Jackson, Aaliyah (I met her the month before she died :guilty: )

BEAUTIFUL: Alan Thicke (Wow), Cindy Crawford, Simon Baker, Leonardo Dicaprio (pictures do NOTHING for these people!! :eek: )

TALL: John Houseman, Tommy Tune

SHORT: Elton John, Prince, Liza Minnelli (all about MY height, 4'10" :scared1: )

WORSE: Dionne Warwick and Jasmine Guy. Both were witches with a B... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter