Who is taking my PIN??

dominiondad

Mouseketeer
I've read a lot about PINs being sent to folks but have never received one myself. Ive been to WDW multiple times (9), stayed on site and off, been on the cruise, and even made it to DL. I have an account on disney.com and am a member of disney movie rewards. I own disney stock. Regardless, I have never received a PIN from disney. What gives??:confused3

Why would they send you a pin? Sounds like they don't need to entice you to spend your money at Disney.

I guess I assumed that Disney PINs were sent to prior customers. Perhaps they noticed that over the years I'm spending less and less time there. It used to be 10 days every two years. Now its seven days every three. We used to spend every day in the park, now we drift elsewhere. It's simply economy. Disney rates continue to rise while, at least in my family, our pay has been frozen for years. Disney is getting less and less of my vacation time, so I thought perhaps they might throw some enticement my way, as they appear to do with others.

There seem to be a couple of things in the matrice that will get you a PIN.

1. Ask for a Disney planning CD to be mailed to you.

2. Go online and plan a few trips. Make sure they're at moderate or deluxe resorts for a family of decent size. (Larger is better.) Do a "dream" vacation and then do a more practical one. Save the more practical (but still very pricey) vacation.

Just having stock or a User ID these days won't get you PINs. Showing a teensy bit of interest and looking like you're the sort of person who has money to spend but who worries about expenses seems to do the trick.

My son, who turned 18 a week ago, got a pin in the mail a couple of days later. He has never planned a trip or paid for one. He lives with me and I have planned many and paid for all of them. I am planning to go in the fall and he is going to be in college so I can't even use his pin. No rhyme, no reason.

I've read a lot about PINs being sent to folks but have never received one myself. Ive been to WDW multiple times (9), stayed on site and off, been on the cruise, and even made it to DL. I have an account on disney.com and am a member of disney movie rewards. I own disney stock. Regardless, I have never received a PIN from disney. What gives??:confused3

Do you receive any mail from Disney? Perhaps without realizing it you checked the box stating you did not want to receive any mail from Disney Destinations.

It seems to be true about ordering the Disney DVD. I order one on the 1st of each year I will be going and so far I seem to get pins. I just received one in the mail but it only goes till the end of march for the FTP and a percentage off the rooms till sept 28. I'm planning a trip in nov.:cool1: just at the end of jersey week so I'm sure the crowds will be low and maybe they will be offering the fdp:worship:

I do get Disney mail. I also have, and use, a Disney Visa card and they have never had any trouble getting the bill to me. I also have a current reservation for AKL in July. I've ordered and received both the planning DVD and maps.

I have received pins in the past and I don't think I've used any of them. Maybe they will be offering discounts to the general public. They are the only ones I've used so far:)

My son, who turned 18 a week ago, got a pin in the mail a couple of days later. He has never planned a trip or paid for one. He lives with me and I have planned many and paid for all of them. I am planning to go in the fall and he is going to be in college so I can't even use his pin. No rhyme, no reason.

Did you call and try to use his pin? I thought that they will let you if its the same address. I would try anyway, especially online.

I've done all the planning, my Disney account is the active one but my husband and mom get all the pins.

I usually just call like the PP said. I ask if there is a pin attached either to my phone number or name. We used one for a resort upgrade last trip.

We just got one last week in my 21 year old daughters name and she hasn't been since she was 15, nor has she ever paid or planned for one. :confused3

My mom received a PIN in the mail under my name (maiden last name). I haven't lived at that address in 10 years. I have planned vacations under my maiden name before but never with a card that had that address. :confused3
I have no idea. I just moved a few months ago and I am stressing that my old address is receiving MY PINS lol! My husband also received PINS before but I have never booked a package under his name, but he has used his CC at WDW so I was thinking maybe because of that?

With that....I am going to order the 2013 planning DVD. GL :lmao:

My husband and I started making yearly trips to wdw every May or Oct a few years ago. Never requested a DVD but would save packages on the website. We get a pin code every year- which we use every year. Not sure how we got it in the first place but I assume we continue to get them because we always use them.

Maybe you need to stay "elsewhere" and let Disney catch wind of it. I get PIN offers all the time (and I always stay at Shades of Green, while on-site, is not a Disney-owned/operated property).

Like you, I've done quite a bit with Disney, so I am thinking if you took some of that business elsewhere, then the offers will roll-in...

Maybe you need to stay "elsewhere" and let Disney catch wind of it. I get PIN offers all the time (and I always stay at Shades of Green, while on-site, is not a Disney-owned/operated property).

Like you, I've done quite a bit with Disney, so I am thinking if you took some of that business elsewhere, then the offers will roll-in...

We stayed off site last trip. May just be luck of the draw. I just called and confirmed - no PIN. Although the CM did hint that there may be some deals that will apply to our July trip. We'll see.

highly recommend going online and saving a few "fantasy" trips like PP said. Definitely triggered pins for me in the past before we started receiving them just because.

There doesn't seem to be any particular trick that works to trigger receiving a PIN. I honestly get a PIN about once a year and we do not use it every time. However, since I started receiving PINS by snail mail I have only booked using it. I never mess around on the Disney site, never order the CD or do anything except make a reservation every couple of years- AFTER I receive the PIN.

Ya' know, my advice has worked for my co-workers, but I do wonder if the secret isn't in demographics. If you are in a a particular zip code or your address pings to the right census-defined neighborhood and you're on the list you get a pin. If you are in a particular zip code or your address pings to a particular neighborhood, and you do xyz you get a pin.

The matrice is probably pretty complicated and layered. We usually get multiple PINS (I think we've gotten the current PIN promo 3 or 4 times.) but we live in a family-oriented middle class 'burb. In other words, primo Disney traveler territory. It's also in a part of the country where we look for bargains, so.

I know when I worked for a retailer, years ago, I got to hear some presentations from marketing about the demographic groups that shopped our stores. I think there were 7 key demographics, with sub demographics inside each large group, and there were all sorts of ways to know who belonged to which demographic and how all the different demographics overlapped. (I remember I would have been a married-no-kids but family oriented, early-adapter, with multiple pets, mid-career, bargain hunter in a particular income group.) Marketing campaigns targeted different demographics and overlapped, and if a large group of people who didn't have the inside knowledge of the matrice got together and compared notes on the marketing campaigns, they might have thought it was pretty random.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter