Who is keeping the QSDP when booking the free dining promo?

I'm keeping QSDP too and paying OOP for my TS meals. 6 TS out of 15 days works out to around $25 more than upgrading INCLUDING estimated gratuity - and the regular DDP is just too much to be tied to for that amount of time. I just can't do a TS every day.

Hi all! I'm new to the Dis but have been reading for a long time now so i thought i would chime in. My dh and I have decided to keep the quick serve dp this year! For the past 4 years we have done the ddp and it was just to much food. Also to much time spent at TS we like to spend as much time in the parks as possable not sitting and waiting for our table! We are going to do one ts this year the kids love Donalds safari B-fast!!! :goodvibes

We're actually going on a free dining PIN, not the big soon to be released free dining, but we decided to keep the QSDP this time. We've always gotten regular dining before and we've always paid for it, not gotten it free, cause we go in June/July.

When we first got the PIN we considered upgrading to regular dining and decided against it. With the QSDP we actually have so many CS credits we'll be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at CS places. The summer price to upgrade makes it worth paying for two TS places out of pocket.

I'm keeping QSDP too and paying OOP for my TS meals. 6 TS out of 15 days works out to around $25 more than upgrading INCLUDING estimated gratuity - and the regular DDP is just too much to be tied to for that amount of time. I just can't do a TS every day.

I agree we are going 10 days 2 of those to water parks. So I just can't see eating a ts meal every day.

Hi all! I'm new to the Dis but have been reading for a long time now so i thought i would chime in. My dh and I have decided to keep the quick serve dp this year! For the past 4 years we have done the ddp and it was just to much food. Also to much time spent at TS we like to spend as much time in the parks as possable not sitting and waiting for our table! We are going to do one ts this year the kids love Donalds safari B-fast!!! :goodvibes

Welcome to the boards!

We have decided to stick to the QS plan as well. We have used the Regular Dining plan for the past 5 years, but we really think the QS is a better fit for us this time around.
Our kids are 7 & 8 and would much prefer to eat as they go . We will be there 9 days and each of us got to pick 1 *must do* place for a TS. DH and I are really excited about the freedom and flexibility of not having to be somewhere every day for a meal. Last vacation it seemed like every day we had to say "We need to get out of the pool now because we have dinner reservations." Plus I like the idea of budgeting for 4 OOP meals that we can order what WE want! We can get appetizers, skip dessert, the kids can order whatever they want..total FREEDOM! :banana:

We have decided to stick to the QS plan as well. We have used the Regular Dining plan for the past 5 years, but we really think the QS is a better fit for us this time around.
Our kids are 7 & 8 and would much prefer to eat as they go . We will be there 9 days and each of us got to pick 1 *must do* place for a TS. DH and I are really excited about the freedom and flexibility of not having to be somewhere every day for a meal. Last vacation it seemed like every day we had to say "We need to get out of the pool now because we have dinner reservations." Plus I like the idea of budgeting for 4 OOP meals that we can order what WE want! We can get appetizers, skip dessert, the kids can order whatever they want..total FREEDOM! :banana:

The funny thing is we had a bounceback offer with the regular dining. But I told dh that it looked like they were only going to offer QSDP instead this year at the values.I thought maybe moderate also. He asked me what the QSDP offered. I told him and he really wanted it. At first I was like no way.

But the more I thought about it ran the numbers for the TS meals we wanted. It worked out to be are tip money and mug money. So I was like ok.
I called Disney to change from our bounceback offer to the visa QSDP and I think the cm thought I was nuts. We are only doing 3 ts meals over 10 days and I'm actually really excited. One of them is rainforest.

I'm with you we don't really do deserts. I would rather have a appertizer.

The funny thing is we had a bounceback offer with the regular dining. But I told dh that it looked like they were only going to offer QSDP instead this year at the values.I thought maybe moderate also. He asked me what the QSDP offered. I told him and he really wanted it. At first I was like no way.

But the more I thought about it ran the numbers for the TS meals we wanted. It worked out to be are tip money and mug money. So I was like ok.
I called Disney to change from our bounceback offer to the visa QSDP and I think the cm thought I was nuts. We are only doing 3 ts meals over 10 days and I'm actually really excited. One of them is rainforest.

I'm with you we don't really do deserts. I would rather have a appertizer.

Your story is exactly like mine. DH wanted the QS and I thought he was nuts! But then when I sat down and looked at the numbers and I realized not only will the QS plan work better for us in terms of our schedule, it will save us a bunch of $$$. Even with 1 TS on the Regular Dining Plan, we were still spending quite a bit OOP each day between appetizers (which we enjoy) adult beverages:rolleyes1, tips and covering one meal that wasn't covered with our dining plan credits. We are doing 4 meals over 9 days and I am really excited too! :goodvibes

We are also keeping the QSDP because we don't want ADR's to dictate our days. We will do at least one character breakfast and maybe one other TS OOP.

Your story is exactly like mine. DH wanted the QS and I thought he was nuts! But then when I sat down and looked at the numbers and I realized not only will the QS plan work better for us in terms of our schedule, it will save us a bunch of $$$. Even with 1 TS on the Regular Dining Plan, we were still spending quite a bit OOP each day between appetizers (which we enjoy) adult beverages:rolleyes1, tips and covering one meal that wasn't covered with our dining plan credits. We are doing 4 meals over 9 days and I am really excited too! :goodvibes

This our our ts meals
Rainforest
Garden Grill
Norway princess breakfest

Hopefully after vacation I can say this worked out better for us. Dh was just not crazy about 10 days of adr's. I can't say I blame him. Last year it just seem liked we always needed to be on a schedule.

Some of the cs meals I want to eat
Columbia house
Sunshine seasons
pizza planet
yek and yeti
wolfgang puck
pop's food court
Need some idea's for epcot and MK as we will be there each 2 days. The 2 day's we go to the waterparks will just eat there.

We had both dining plans (free) last year. At Christmas, I kept the quick service and I really thought it was great but I will upgrade to Table Service for our Fall trip. It's a treat !

This is interesting because I just talked with my travel agent and she told me she spoke with Disney about this and they will not allow me to make my reservation at POR and only take the QS plan. I have to get the TS plan, even though we don't want it.

So, if I book today and pay for the QS, can I ask for the credit and keep the QS plan when they make it public?

I'm actually pretty irritated by this because I DO NOT want to make advanced reservations and plan my trip around restaurants again this year.

Book POR, take the BDP and use the TS credits as CS meals. The plan is free so you're not losing money. Last year we had 3 TS credits left and didn't want to use them that way. We just used them at CS places. They looked at us like we were nuts but we didn't care. If we paid for the plan I would have gone and used them as TS but since it was free I didn't care.

Book POR, take the BDP and use the TS credits as CS meals. The plan is free so you're not losing money. Last year we had 3 TS credits left and didn't want to use them that way. We just used them at CS places. They looked at us like we were nuts but we didn't care. If we paid for the plan I would have gone and used them as TS but since it was free I didn't care.

Another way to get around it. I think for our 9 nights it is 25.00 more with paying for the last night full price no qsdp that night. We would rather stay moderate but pefer the QSDP also. If you take the new room only discount offer 30%. Add the QSDP and tickets. My only problem is that ends the 2nd not the 3rd when we check out. I would have to pay full price for one night to make the 9 night stay.

I think once the websight comes up and the 30% is working to book we may just move to moderate. Our QSDP won't expire until midnight of our last night anyway. WE leave to early the next morning to use them. I think I can handle 25.00 more to get it the way I want.

Another way to get around it. I think for our 8 nights it is 25.00 more. We would rather stay moderate but pefer the QSDP also. If you take the new room only discount offer 30%. Add the QSDP and tickets. My only problem is that ends the 2nd not the 3rd when we check out. I would have to pay full price for one night to make the 9 night stay.

I think once the websight comes up and the 30% is working to book we may just move to moderate. Our QSDP won't expire until midnight of our last night anyway. WE leave to early the next morning to use them. I think I can handle 25.00 more to get it the way I want.

You should be able to get the 30% discount extended to your check out day, since you are checking in during the promotion.

You should be able to get the 30% discount extended to your check out day, since you are checking in during the promotion.

I just did the figures online and it actually works to be about 200.00 more than the free dining. I'm not willing to pay 200.00 more. So here we come pop.

we are keeping Qsdp, but only because we have a budget and we used it on WaterParks this time :thumbsup2 We haven't been to Disney in 4 years though so I was SO SO bummed that we wouldn't get to do all those fun TS, this will be our ds 2yrs old first trip, and at first I was also dissapointed he wouldn't get to experience the character meals, but I figured he'll be seeing plenty of characters, just not while dining :laughing: plus starting next year we'll have to book moderate so we'll eventually get regular dining back, that is if they offer it next time we go for free ;) I thought about saving trying to save some extra money up, but really with tips it was gonna cost us around $350+ just to add it

We kept QS. We have done the DDP several times but this time we want to focus on the parks, and don't want to "save" our hunger. We want to be able to snack when we want and not have to worry about reservations and being in a specific place at a certain time.

Once I found out we could use TS credits as QS, I was a little better with it. I hate losing the other snack credit because we wanted to use those at the Food and Wine Festival.

We were able to get free dining today, but they made us get the regular plan. Still seems silly to me, but what can you do? Free is free, right?

We won't be upgrading our free QS. We have done FD before and we are looking forward to a less-planned trip and trying out different QS places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter