• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who IS Goofy 2011?

ghoulishgirl

I love Halloween and am afraid of butterflies
I know alot of people who aren't going Goofy again in 2011, but who is? Tell me I won't be there all alone! :lmao: Well, you know what I mean!

ME!!! :scared1:

Gosh darn it, I was running on Sunday and I said to myself "if you can make it through this, I will never make you run again, my poor beaten, frozen body!"

And what did I say on Monday "I think I want to do that again!" :worship:

I am just hoping its a little warmer, but even if not I guess I will still be there, I'm kinda Goofy you see! :confused3

Kirsty

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this...I'm committed to the Goofy in 2011!

here's the kicker...the years that I run the Disney half or full marathon, the weather is beautiful ...sunny and warm. The years that I havent run, the weather has been crappy...cold and rainy :confused3

I did not run this year and see what happend! So i gonna let everyone know, I'm running next year and the weather will been favorable! :flower3:

here's the kicker...every Disney marathon I run, the weather is beautiful ...sunny and warm. The years that I havent run, the weather has been crappy...cold and rainy.

So its YOUR fault I nearly died of hypothermia this weekend :rotfl2: and I was blaming it on Global warming :lmao:

See you there :banana:

So its YOUR fault I nearly died of hypothermia this weekend :rotfl2: and I was blaming it on Global warming :lmao:

See you there :banana:

I'm ashamed...yes it's my fault :upsidedow I should have been there this weekend...

Last year I said the Goofy was a "once in a lifetime experience".

But for some unknown reason, I'll be back next year.

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

I can't fully commit to it just now, but I sure know that I'd love to go through the whole experience again, minus the bitter weather! I had an absolute blast from start to finish of both races.
Maybe I could even be convinced to do the 5K as well.....

Count me in! The first thing I told my wife at the finish when she asked how it was: "It was awesome! I had a blast and can't wait to do it again." We're even considering heading out west so I can get that coast-to-coast medal too. :)

So excited to see there will be other WISHers there! Saturday, Donald day, is my 40th birthday (did I say that out loud?). Can't wait to meet you all!

I can't say yet - I need to find out some information about my daughter's dance schedule (and god only knows when I'm going to be able to get that!!!), but if not in 2011, then definitely in 2012.

And I can't believe I'm saying that! I said I would NEVER, EVER go Goofy! But the marathon was so much fun that I'm really tempted.

You can count me in. I guess I'm gonna do this until I get it right. Had trouble with shin splints during the full and could not keep pace. Got swept at 18. :sad1:
So, I'll be happy with the Donald medal for this year, but will be back to try for Goofy agin next year.

Terri

Well I can remember when I first started this running/walking thing in 2007 I got a scrapbooking page that had 26.2 on it and I said "I'll never do that" needless to say last year I completed the full. During training for that I said I would probably never do a full again - 2009 was going to be my ONLY marathon. I took a picture of the See you in 2010 sign and posted it on my Facebook saying I probably would only do the half in 2010 if I did anything at all. My best friend said she bet I would do the full again - my sister only wanted me to do the half. Here we are a year later and I am SO excited I completed Goofy this year. I am so happy my sister, my nieces and my DH where there to experience it with me. Despite the weather - and can I go on record saying I prefer the conditions on Sunday to a warmer day. I was able to stay dry on Saturday and I think that helped.

So let me go on record to say I most likely will be going Goofy again next year - and most likely I will do it again through the charity Rally Foundation. It was nice to have the benefit of having both WISH and Rally throughout the weekend. This weekend Rally Athletes were able to raise over $120,000 for Childhood Cancer Research. It makes me happy to know I was a part of helping find new medicines and treatments for kids with cancer.

I was looking at the Goofy 2011 info, and saw it doesn't mention anything about ice cold drinks being included with the race fee. ;)

As long as it is not sold out by the time I have the $$$$ then I will do it again.

How long does it take to sell out?
I think I've been bitten by the bug!

Well,

I am not a man of my word. I have said that if Disney did not take care of the perfectly goofy that I would walk. Well a few things have happened....

1) I had a terrible training year so 2011 is a year of revenge

2) With that terrible training year I had my second fastest Goofy - I don't want t oquit on a negative

3) I am eternally hopeful that the Rats in accounting will not be in charge of the mouse in 2015 and that we will have a few real perks for the streak.

4) I don't know what else I would do with the first weekend after the first Monday of the year.

5) Houston Marathon is the last week of Janaury in 2011 so that motivator is out. Does a Goofy make a good training run?

Viva la Perfectly Goofy

I know I shouldn't respond to this thread since my answer is NO! to next year. Maybe if there is another special medal for the 10th anniversary, I *might* consider it. Gotta love those special medals. :teeth:

However, I'm seriously considering going to WDW next January to support those of you crazy enough to do this for the first time, do it again or do it for the 6th year in a row! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter