Who is going to the parade taping on Saturday??

sap1227

DIS Veteran
It looks like DS and I will be there with my aunt. I am really excited, but a little worried with all the reports of a long day and a lot of people. But, I figure if we hate it we can leave.

Just wondering how many DISers will be there with us.

Christy

We'll be there but I don't know if we'll stick around for the taping. From what I'm told it's real busy. We might decide to hit Epcot that day.

My mom and I are going, too. We haven't ever been and just want to see what it's like - hoping to see Regis and Kelly. We won't be there for long, though. We have to be at the Dolphin for Mousefest by 1:00.

We will be there -- kinda of nervous about crowds, too, but we will brave them. We were going anyway, so the filiming was totally coincidental for us.

We;ll be there too. When i was talking with a CM a few days ago she mentioned it didn't start taping until 5pm???? I thought it started earlier than that the past few years. She did mention the parades and fireworks would go off like normal that night.

We'll be arriving at the Contemporary around noon.....and headed anywhere BUT MK on Saturday. We are planning to avoid the whole thing like the plague! :p

I think we may brave it as we just missed last years. But I'm sure it will be a big crowd!

I'm another who will be avoiding the Magic Kingdom that day like the plague! I breifly thought about going, but then I figured that with only about four days to spend in the parks, sitting around watching the parade for a long taping wouldn't be a good use of my time. Plus, I have plans to meet people for dinner at 5:45, so that won't work out.

I leave for the airport in four hours :) Yay!

Karen

I can't decide if we are going or not. We have plans for MGM but I would like to see what goes on when they are taping.

We just got an offer for our family to be extras in the parade. They said the schedule was from 7:30-11:30 and then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. We have somewhere to be by 5 pm. I thought this was a great opportunity and much fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

So what time are they actually taping the parade? Sounds like a lot of confusion. I figured it would be in the morning since it airs in the morning. They wouldn't film a parade at night to be shown in the morning/afternoon. Anyone know for sure?

We're planning on avoiding the MK early on, but then heading over in the evening. Wonder if any of the celebs will hang around for the day?

Originally posted by jacncaitsmom
We just got an offer for our family to be extras in the parade. They said the schedule was from 7:30-11:30 and then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. We have somewhere to be by 5 pm. I thought this was a great opportunity and much fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

We are going to be "extras" as well (is that any different than sitting and watching the parade???). We were given the choice between 7:30-11:30 or 10:30-2:30 (we took the later, DS is a late sleeper).

Christy

Would this be a good time to take advantage of seeing the attractions in the areas away from the parade route? If everyone is at the parade route, is the rest of the park's crowds light? Has anyone that's been there on parade taping days experienced this? Or is it impossible to even get into the other areas?

We were invited by a Cast Member, I would assume jacncaitsmom was invited by the same since we are both less than 30 mins from the park.

Christy

Do you have to meet at a certain place to sign in as an extra or did they just say to be on the parade route?

Actually, we got an email from our den leader (boy scouts). The Boy Scouts of Florida or just Orlando, I don't know were invited. We have to meet at a certain turnstile at 7:30 and will be given bracelets. From there I don't know. I 'll let you know after Saturday. We've never done this before. It should be fun.

We were at WDW last year during the taping of the parade. Unfortunately I did not monitor this web site prior to going and was unaware of the events planned for the day. It was absolutely packed and all of the other regularly scheduled events did not take place as planned. The SpectroMagic parade was delayed. We got in place for the parade 1 1/2 hours early only to find out (after 1 hour waiting) that the parade was unavoidably delayed by other events that day.

So anybody going to WDW on Saturday, be prepared for schedule changes and read all notices posted on the boards throughout the park for changes.

Have fun - I'll be there in January.

:wave2: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter