Who is Going in September?

I'll be there from September 2nd through the 7th, at the Desert Palms. Once again this will be a solo trip and I couldn't be happier! There's always a chance that family or friends in the So-Cal area might join me for a day. I try to explain to them enjoyable it is to explore the parks at my own pace for days at a time, whenever they ask why alone. The best way I can think of is to imagine back to being a kid at the parks and thinking of how much fun it would be to do/eat/ride/buy/watch whatever you wanted...........it's totally that awesome(maybe even better)! :yay:

Only a few weeks until it's time to eat my way through the cozy cones again:goofy:!

First post! :)

We will be there in September for the first time! My DH has a work conference in N. California, but we decided last minute to squeeze in a day at DL for our DD. She will be 22.5 mo when we're there.

We're staying at PPH and I have booked Surfs Up for breakfast. We are only doing one day in the park, DL only.

We will be in San Diego next year and do DCA and another day at DL.

hmpffff..... due to extra family showing up on the last weekend of our disney vacation... as much as i hate to do it...I had to add another day to our disney vacation :worship:, originally we where staying at the VGC from September 28- October 5. so had to add the 6th of October?? no more villas left, so i added a night at the DLH, i've never been..... should be fun!! originally i had to act very disappointed in front of my financial consultant ( the wife ) as to the extra expense, and changing of flights, rental cars, etc., etc.... but little does she know, deep down inside... i was like "YES!!" ( exaggerated fist pump included )..... like i've said before... i think i'm more pumped about this than the kiddo's..

What a selfless person you are! :cool1:

I'll be there from September 2nd through the 7th, at the Desert Palms. Once again this will be a solo trip and I couldn't be happier! There's always a chance that family or friends in the So-Cal area might join me for a day. I try to explain to them enjoyable it is to explore the parks at my own pace for days at a time, whenever they ask why alone. The best way I can think of is to imagine back to being a kid at the parks and thinking of how much fun it would be to do/eat/ride/buy/watch whatever you wanted...........it's totally that awesome(maybe even better)! :yay:

Only a few weeks until it's time to eat my way through the cozy cones again:goofy:!

I love hearing that people enjoy solo trips. My youngest DD will be leaving in a few years and I'm not ready to give up DLR! I hope I enjoy solo trips as well.

First post! :)

We will be there in September for the first time! My DH has a work conference in N. California, but we decided last minute to squeeze in a day at DL for our DD. She will be 22.5 mo when we're there.

We're staying at PPH and I have booked Surfs Up for breakfast. We are only doing one day in the park, DL only.

We will be in San Diego next year and do DCA and another day at DL.

YAY! Welcome! pixiedust:

I'd love to add you to the list but I'll need a date. I hope you have a fantastic trip!

What a selfless person you are! :cool1:

I love hearing that people enjoy solo trips. My youngest DD will be leaving in a few years and I'm not ready to give up DLR! I hope I enjoy solo trips as well.

YAY! Welcome! pixiedust:

I'd love to add you to the list but I'll need a date. I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Thanks! We will be there Sept 3-5.

DH and I are headed to DL the 18th of September for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Staying at the GCH. A few posts back people were asking about the weather. We are usually there around the 20th of Sept each year. usually the weather is good, high 70's to low 80's. But last year it was sooooo hot. It was right around 100 the whole time we were there. That and the humidity, I felt like I was in Florida. Hoping for more moderate temps this year!

September is often one of our warmest months in SoCal (if August has been unusually mild we can almost be sure that September will play "catch up" heat-wise), but it can vary from week to week. I think it was in 2010 that the temperatures soared to 115 or 118 degrees in Anaheim on the start date of the Halloween Time season in September (and it was 113 in my area of L.A.), but then in 2011 on opening day it was overcast and in the upper 70's for half the day or so.

In 2007, on opening day and opening weekend weekend of the Halloween season at DLR, it was raining off and on, and when it was not raining it was 80 degrees! Then it would start pouring heavy rain again. Then it was bright, warm and sunny.

It has been more humid in SoCal in recent weeks, by the way -- more humid than what we normally get out here or more than what would normally be expected. I don't know if that will carry through to September but it has been that way recently.

Will be there 9/12 - 9/15 GCH.

AndyR

:thumbsup2 Got it!

DH and I are headed to DL the 18th of September for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Staying at the GCH. A few posts back people were asking about the weather. We are usually there around the 20th of Sept each year. usually the weather is good, high 70's to low 80's. But last year it was sooooo hot. It was right around 100 the whole time we were there. That and the humidity, I felt like I was in Florida. Hoping for more moderate temps this year!

Ug! I REALLY hope it's cooler than last year! I can't deal with hot weather - I get sick every time. It's part of why I don't think I'll be going to Florida any time soon.

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip!

Sherry E, I agree on the humidity lately. We were there last month and definitely felt it was more humid than usual.

Escape2disney, thanks for the anniversary wishes!

We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel from 9/9-9/11. We will be in Disneyland on the 10th, possibly 11th if we don't see everything we want to see. It will be my 8yo dd's first time there. Shes soo excited!

We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel from 9/9-9/11. We will be in Disneyland on the 10th, possibly 11th if we don't see everything we want to see. It will be my 8yo dd's first time there. Shes soo excited!

First visits are so magical! I hope you have a great time!

September 28-October 4, Desert Palms.

May possibly be moving to DH with the Gay Day rates, but for now, Desert Palms it is.

What is up with all of the Oregonians going in September? :)
:rotfl2:

this made me laugh. we will be in the park on sept 19th

What would be typical weather for Mid to end September? Shorts? Scarves? Layer up and down through out the day?

We'll be there September 8-12. Kind of bummed about the shorter hours this year and the large number of refurbs, but trying to stay positive, since it's my first ever trip to Disneyland!

Ha, forgot I already "signed" this thread. LOL

What would be typical weather for Mid to end September? Shorts? Scarves? Layer up and down through out the day?

I don't think you'd need to drag out any scarves. Keep tabs on the weather up to maybe one week before you leave, just in case it turns out that we are having one of our un-seasonal rainstorms (like the crazy one I described above from September 2007, in which it was alternately pouring rain and then hot and sunny, off and on all day).

Most likely you will be able to get away with shorts. September can be quite warm -- maybe even very, very hot. At most I'd say wear jeans or long pants. But a t-shirt would still be fine, I'm sure.

If we were talking about December I'd say to dress in layers because December days could be anywhere from 50 degrees or 90 degrees in the daytime, and then from 30 degrees to 50 degrees at night, or rainy! But September is almost always going to be at least 75 degrees, and probably quite a bit warmer than that. A September cold snap or rainstorm is not common.

I noticed the shorter hours and I'm not really happy with that! 7pm closing is super early!! We still have to pay full price and we dont even get a full day. We are going the 10th and the hours up until the 9th are up and so far closing on weekdays is 7. The ticket price should be cheaper! I almost think we should cancel or reschedule.

I noticed the shorter hours and I'm not really happy with that! 7pm closing is super early!! We still have to pay full price and we dont even get a full day. We are going the 10th and the hours up until the 9th are up and so far closing on weekdays is 7. The ticket price should be cheaper! I almost think we should cancel or reschedule.

I think Disney has taken the hours down since posting...looks like they are only til August 28th or so again...fingers crossed for better hours! It's really hard to go back for a mid day break and dinner with a 7pm close!!!

:rotfl2:

this made me laugh. we will be in the park on sept 19th

Made me laugh too! Not sure why so many of us Oregonians head to SoCal in droves. It seemed to happen last September too. :rotfl2:

We'll be there September 8-12. Kind of bummed about the shorter hours this year and the large number of refurbs, but trying to stay positive, since it's my first ever trip to Disneyland!

We've gone to DLR in September a few times. While there are shorter hours, you can get more done in a day because of the lighter crowds.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter