Who is going in January 08?

We will be there January 2nd-12th! Last year we were there almost the very same dates at AKL, this year we're doing CBR.

We are going to WDW jan24-27th. We are staying at CR so we can be close to MK since I am pregnant. It will be DS2 2nd time to the world but first time to really get into it! Hope crowds are low!;)

We are hoping for low crowds, no lines, great temps, and a fabulous time as well. My honey and I will be honeymooning at AKL. We arrive on January 6th :cool1: If you see a young couple wearing wedding ears roaming around AKL awestruck - that'll be us!! First time EVER at WDW for the both of us :cool1:

How exciting :)

I sort of regret that we didn't go to Disney for our honeymoon, we went to Tahoe instead. We went to Disney for our 1st Anniversary and stayed at AKL...and we still almost bought the bride and groom ears LOL!

We arrive on January 6th :cool1: If you see a young couple wearing wedding ears roaming around AKL awestruck - that'll be us!!

I'll be looking for you. We honeymooned at WDW too and have been comining twice a year ever since. So watch out, the Disney bug may just bite you too!!! Have fun!! Hope to see you both there!

Cyndi

We are arriving On January 24th and are flying out on the Feb 1
Staying at POP
Christmas surprise for the KIDs

I know my sig line says 15 days, but we actually leave in 14! :cool1: Only two weeks left.
The kids still don't have a clue. :lmao:
We take off on our red eye in only 2 weeks. :cheer2:
Not that I am excited or anything! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :woohoo: :woohoo: :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I know my sig line says 15 days, but we actually leave in 14! :cool1: Only two weeks left.
The kids still don't have a clue. :lmao:
We take off on our red eye in only 2 weeks. :cheer2:
Not that I am excited or anything! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :woohoo: :woohoo: :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Still no idea, whoo hoo! I went ahead and booked the night of the 1st at Sports, so we'll be checking in at YC early on the 2nd. Tried to keep it a secret but older DD checks my email, so.......... I had booked POR at $167 rack, then Sue Ellen with DU managed to get me a AAA rate at Sports, onsite for < $75, couldn't pass that up!

Just added a last minute quicky to the Boardwalk Villas. My Brother -in-law is going for business jan 7-11, so I am going to take my daughter and his two boys(my nephews) Jan 8-10. Its only two nights but its FREE!!!

Yeehaw!!!

Sean

Still no idea, whoo hoo! I went ahead and booked the night of the 1st at Sports, so we'll be checking in at YC early on the 2nd. Tried to keep it a secret but older DD checks my email, so.......... I had booked POR at $167 rack, then Sue Ellen with DU managed to get me a AAA rate at Sports, onsite for < $75, couldn't pass that up!

Yep, can you believe I have kept the secret this long???? Although my youngest just joined the drumline after 3 weeks of tryouts, so they have been pretty busy (as have I) so that made it easier. Let's see if I can make it through Christmas week with them being home. Augh! :eek:

Glad to hear you got such a great deal for an extra night. We will be on the look out for you at the YC from the 2nd on....... I went and got my little Mickey shaped thingy's at Home Depot today. :woohoo:

Have a safe trip!:)

We are leaving on Jan 5th for 7 nights at AKL as well! Our first time at AKL or in any non-values, woo!

Me and My friend are going from Jan 6 - May 17....then again we are going to work there...

Just added a last minute quicky to the Boardwalk Villas. My Brother -in-law is going for business jan 7-11, so I am going to take my daughter and his two boys(my nephews) Jan 8-10. Its only two nights but its FREE!!!

Yeehaw!!!

Sean

Changing resorts. Just got moved to the Polynesian. I'm heartbroken. NOT!!! :rotfl2:

Sean

TiffanyD - We will arrive at AKL on 1/5 at approximately 2pm for a stay thru 1/12. We won't go to the parks that day, but will check out the property & have dinner at Boma at 4:50 before heading to DTD for the evening.

You may want to check out the January 2008 thread in the Adult and Solo Traveler folder; there will be several of us there in January.

TiffanyD - We will arrive at AKL on 1/5 at approximately 2pm for a stay thru 1/12. We won't go to the parks that day, but will check out the property & have dinner at Boma at 4:50 before heading to DTD for the evening.

You may want to check out the January 2008 thread in the Adult and Solo Traveler folder; there will be several of us there in January.

LOL, you just cited our itinerary, FOR THE SAME DAY, too.

Although I think our Boma's ADR is for 5 PM.

pilferk - I'll look for you in Boma. Have you eaten there before? I thought this would be the easiest way to deal w/DH's issue of being tired after a long drive (he's not a big Disney fan; this is my vacation). Then, when he's full and happy, I can drag him to DTD and not let him go.

We may do breakfast at Boma later in the week. I don't want everything super-scheduled. Hopefully the crowds will be light and accommodating and we'll have no trouble getting into a restaurant when we choose (I think I'm dreaming).

We've scheduled the Sunrise Safari for the morning after we arrive (1/6). DH is looking forward to this (he chose this over the Sunset one). We've been to Disney before, but not to AK.

pilferk - I'll look for you in Boma. Have you eaten there before? I thought this would be the easiest way to deal w/DH's issue of being tired after a long drive (he's not a big Disney fan; this is my vacation). Then, when he's full and happy, I can drag him to DTD and not let him go.

We may do breakfast at Boma later in the week. I don't want everything super-scheduled. Hopefully the crowds will be light and accommodating and we'll have no trouble getting into a restaurant when we choose (I think I'm dreaming).

We've scheduled the Sunrise Safari for the morning after we arrive (1/6). DH is looking forward to this (he chose this over the Sunset one). We've been to Disney before, but not to AK.

I'll be the 6ft 3, 200lb blond-ish guy with the 3 kids (2 girls, 5 and 1, and a 3 yo boy) and my wife in tow. :)

We've eaten there a BUNCH of times and love it. It'll actually be our 2nd day in Orlando. We arrive on the 4th, but will be staying the first night at the Nickelodeon Hotel before moving over to a 1BR villa at AKL/AKV for the rest of the week. I'm driving down, too, from CT and the Nick Hotel is a nice option for my wife to keep the kids entertained while I simply sleep after 20 hours of driving. :)

We're going to do Boma's for breakfast one day as well (Wednesday, I think..but I can't remember exactly). It's our 2nd favorite breakfast on property (Tonga Toast at the Kona Cafe in the Poly is our fav). You should be OK for walk ups for breakfast. We've done that a bunch of times (though not this time..we have ADR's).

If you're willing to do "off hours", you will almost definitely get into most places. Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's and the like might be tough.....but given the time of year, we've found MOST places have room for some walk ups. You might wait awhile (45 min or so) or you might be seated right away, but you'll likely get in if you have your heart set on a place.

I'm hoping crowds are light, too. USUALLY that time of year we've found that they are. Some of it depends on convention traffic, but so soon after New Years, that's probably not going to be a big concer.

I can't believe we're leaving in 3 1/2 weeks!!! We're staying offsite for seven nights from January 17th to the 24th then heading down to Anna Maria Island (near Sarasota) to relax for three days and visit my family members who live in Sarasota.

26 days and I had barely noticed!!!! Things have been so crazy I guess it helps. I work and go to graduate school at night (it's a program right in between part-time and full-time) and, of course, have the husband and the kids. My semester just ended a couple of weeks ago and I've been working about 50 hours a week since then!

I guess it's helping time pass. Good thing I made all of our arrangements some time ago...all the way down to the grocery list! The last thing I have to do is order DD5's birthday cake. (She'll turn 6 while we're on the trip.)

We've had a really, really tough year and we deserve this vacation. NOW I'm starting to get excited just talking about it!!! After Christmas passes, I'm going to start my packing list. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter