Who is at WDW now? Crowd levels in the parks?

corlyjones

Earning My Ears
We will be there beginning on the 16th and booked this trip with SIX kids based solely on lower crowd levels. Tell me it is slow right now!

I would wait till next week to ask that question, with the Marathon and some kids still out of school this week you may not get the answer you want.

On Jan 4th the MK was manageable. The "kiddie" rides (fantasyland) were running on average a 40min wait and the adult rides were running about a 20min wait. We did not do any more parks then the one this trip. You can try m.disneyworld.com on your web able phone to see the rough wait times. Have a great time. :thumbsup2

I have been to WDW two times the exact week you are going. You will encounter large crowds on the 16th and 17th as that is MLK weekend. But it will drop off dramatically 18th and on.

We were at Epcot on Mon and Wed of this week and at MK this past Tuesday. Crowds were not bad any of those days. We rarely waited more than 10 minutes for anything (although we did FP for the Jungle Cruise and for Peter Pan's Flight). There were more people on Monday than on the other 2 days we were there this week.

Per UG predictions, you are looking at mainly 5 to7 on a scale of 1-10 for the day you are arriving and week following. I have been to WDW many times over the MLK holiday and it is generally quite busy the weekend leading up to the holiday and the holiday. Crowds drop off mid-week following the holiday. I prefer the week following MLK when crowds are often 1-3 on a 10 point scale.

In 2009, DH and I arrived the Wednesday after MLK day. The crowds were nonexistant the entire week we were there. It was wonderful!!!!

We are Disney cruisers and this was only our third time to the parks but we thought the crowds were horrible this week. It may just be that we are not familiar with how bad they truly can get.

I don't think it is too bad here this week. With Fast Pass we got on everything we wanted. My issue today was that it was super cold here! Brrrrrr!

We just returned and I expected lower crowds mid-week (based on TP predictions). Many of our days were rated 1-4 (park specific crowds), but I think we would have struggled without a good touring plan and FastPass strategy. I'm not sure if they did not account for the number of schools that didn't go back until later in the week (like ours). We went to the "recommended" park each day...I can't imagine what the "park to avoid" was like!

With all of the Disney deals, January crowds have been slowly increasing year after year. We did 11 of 12 years straight of January vacations but skipped this year. Since crowds are not that low in relation to shorter park hours and colder weather, we prefer to go in May and October now.

I miss the days of January before the deals started when you could go any day to any park and walk on the rides. Now you have to plan, not something I'm very good at. :rotfl:

We went to AK yesterday and it was more crowded than we expected as far as ride wait times were concerned and it was not an EMH day.

Around noon there was a 30 minute wait for Dinosaur (typically there is a 0-10 minute wait for this ride when we go) and the wait for a table at Tusker House at 1pm was over an hour (we usually walk right in), Pizzafari was also a zoo w/ very few tables available.

We thought it might just be AK, but we went to Winter Summerland to play minigolf around 2:30 and it was crowded as well.

We didn't go just to ride rides, so we weren't put out at all, but it was more crowded than I remember this time last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter