Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Oh my goodness, Maddie was so over the top cute, the way she looked at Jake!! :goodvibes: What an awesome morning and the park hasn't even opened up yet!!!

I can't believe how bad your seats were for the luau. That is terrible, when you are using two DxDDP credits each for the meal!!

Looking forward to more fun Maddie moments!!! I can just imagine her singing about 'moves like Jagger'!! :goodvibes:

I love the real life update!

Maddie looked so cute her first day of kindergarten (not that I would expect anything less!) That pic of her & Cooper is so precious. That story is so sweet. There is nothing like a good dog is there?

That skirt is adorable! You & Amanda need to open that etsy store ASAP!

These pics make me misty too. My nephew started kindergarten last week. Just seems like he was born yesterday!

Jill in CO

And, if you'll indulge me for a minute... Our beagle Cooper wouldn't leave Maddie's side all morning on her first day of school. This dog slept curled around my stomach every night when I was pregnant with her, laid with me 23 hours a day when I was on bed rest (he did have to eat and go outside occasionally), and elected himself Maddie's personal security guard when we brought her home from the hospital. I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that he was keeping such close tabs on her on her big day. He's getting older, and things like this make me a little misty. He's a good boy.

Boy that reminds me of our dog Holly. She was a keeshond that we had before DD#1 was born. When DD started to move around on two legs, she'd grab Holly's fur to pull herself up. It would hurt the dog, but she wouldn't move because she knew if she did the baby would fall. She'd just stand there and whine in pain until we'd rescue her. I was blown away by that. The dog would rather be in pain then hurt the baby. I still shake my head.

I miss that dog.

IMG_7160.jpg

Oh, boy. Look at that pose. You are going to be in so much trouble in about 10 years or so. :rotfl:

Nice pic! :thumbsup2

Hello, ok I'm coming out of lurking status :)... I don't write on here very often but, I really LOVED both of your TR's and wanted to tell you so :) I haven't read very many TR's, but yours were VERY well done and hard to stay away from!!!! They weren't only easy and fun to read, but they were VERY helpful to me. And I thank you for that!!!! Your first one got me sucked in because we ourselves are traveling with a preschooler (plus two other children ;)) and I wanted to get any needed tips, and indeed I did!!!!

I also wanted to say your daughter is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I love all of her outfits, too cute!!!! Now that I have come to the end of your updates I will anxiously be waiting for more!!! :)

On a side note, I tried that Miracle hair serum you posted about on my daughters' Rapunzel, barbies and My Little Ponies and OH MY WORD!!!!!! It was TRULY AMAZING how fast that worked!!!!! My seven yr old told her me tell the person who told me about it a personal thank you from her, so "Thank you from her" :rotfl: Again, thank you for all the tips!!! We will be using them in just over 3 weeks!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: Mary

That skirt you made is too cute!

What a sweet story about Cooper & not wanting to leave Maddie. :goodvibes Love all the photos - especially the family picture!

Thanks for the info Karen! Did you use David's or did you know someone/use the DIS boards?

Thank you-she loves to pose!

I used David's and he responded to my email immediately and within an hour it was all done! If you have a preference, I might just use that as my one and only perference and see what happens. Especially if you are far enough out. We stayed at OKW.

I felt using David's was a good experience. Thinking about maybe doing DVC points again next year....

And, here I am three pages behind... again!

Thanks Karen

I'm so glad you had a good experience at H&V! :woohoo: I know you were worried about it, so YAY!

And Maddie and Cooper - makes me all teary. :lovestruc

It was a really good experience! The character interaction was fantastic, and just yesterday Maddie was talking about the 'next time' she gets to go to the Disney Jr. breakfast!

Me too Roni, I'm sure you understand with a beloved pup of your own. He's such a good boy, and it kills me that he's getting older.

Oh my goodness... I didn't even think about the fact that Maddie started kindergarden recently! Around here, school doesn't start until the day after Labor Day.

The pictures are so precious. I hope she's been enjoying school so far!

Thanks Marissa! She's slowly acclimating. It's been a longer process than preschool, but we'll get there. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, Maddie was so over the top cute, the way she looked at Jake!! :goodvibes: What an awesome morning and the park hasn't even opened up yet!!!

I can't believe how bad your seats were for the luau. That is terrible, when you are using two DxDDP credits each for the meal!!

Looking forward to more fun Maddie moments!!! I can just imagine her singing about 'moves like Jagger'!! :goodvibes:

Thank you! She really, really loves Jake-and it shows! :lmao: It was a really great way to start the day.

The seats were a disappointment. I just didn't consider the possibility that we'd be way back there. We're still glad that we did it though, we'd always wanted to.

Yay! You're so sweet! There will be lots more fun Maddie moments to come!

I love the real life update!

Maddie looked so cute her first day of kindergarten (not that I would expect anything less!) That pic of her & Cooper is so precious. That story is so sweet. There is nothing like a good dog is there?

That skirt is adorable! You & Amanda need to open that etsy store ASAP!

Thanks Megan! There's just nothing like a good pup. He has been so great with her since before she was born. I have pics of her as an infant using him as a pillow.

Thank you! It's very similar to the blue one I made Maddie. Believe me, if I could make a living sewing-I would. I love doing that stuff. Making my MiL another Hidden Mickey quilt for Christmas this year too!

These pics make me misty too. My nephew started kindergarten last week. Just seems like he was born yesterday!

Jill in CO

They grow up way too fast don't they? I love the quote "The days are long but the years are short". It's so true.

Boy that reminds me of our dog Holly. She was a keeshond that we had before DD#1 was born. When DD started to move around on two legs, she'd grab Holly's fur to pull herself up. It would hurt the dog, but she wouldn't move because she knew if she did the baby would fall. She'd just stand there and whine in pain until we'd rescue her. I was blown away by that. The dog would rather be in pain then hurt the baby. I still shake my head.

I miss that dog.

Thanks for sharing Ponzi. There's just nothing like a good dog. Cooper has always been so patient and gentle with Maddie. He let her pull up on him when she was learning to stand, made himself available for steadying when she learned to walk, and submitted to pony rides when she was 2 and 3.

I often tell him that I'll need him to outlive me.

Oh, boy. Look at that pose. You are going to be in so much trouble in about 10 years or so. :rotfl:

There's no doubt. She's gonna be a handful.;)

Nice pic! :thumbsup2

Thanks Ponz!

GREAT Picture!!!! We'll be there next Thursday (be nice if they could squeak out a win).

Love the pics of Maddie's first day of school and your beautiful pup.

Thanks Kathy! I'll be thinking of you during Thursday's game! I have a ton more pics, but I knew you'd be the only one who wanted to see them! :lmao:

That was the day that they did the ceremony for Santo's HoF. Kerry Wood caught his grandson's first pitch. I cried. (was wearing my Wood jersey too!) :guilty:

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your breakfast at H&V. It definitely does get mixed reviews, but I've been reading better things about it lately!

Yay for Maddie getting to meet her beloved Jake!! You can clearly tell which character she was really there to see! :laughing:

It was a good meal! Much better than it's reputation, I was so relieved.

:rotfl2:She certainly didn't hide her affection! She can't wait to go back to have breakfast with Jake!

Great update! It looks like Maddie loved H&V. Jake is quite popular in our house too!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your DHS morning! :)

It was a good meal! Keep it on your radar if you have Jake fans!

We had a similar experience in April at H&V, the food was fine and the character interaction was fun. I'd definitely do it again! :thumbsup2

Maddie is too cute with her crush on Jake, that is hilarious! :rotfl2:

I'm glad that you enjoyed it too! Just goes to show that sometimes you have to try a place for yourself!

The food's not outstanding, but it was better than CP and the characters were great!

She loves her some Jake...

I certainly don't blame Maddie for having a crush on Jake. He's a hottie! :laughing:

I've read mixed reviews about H&V too but the dance party and the character interaction have gotten pretty good reviews. I'm betting that Maddie got her groove on during the party. We know how that girl likes to shake her booty! :banana:

I don't really blame her either! He is cute. I always had a thing for Aladdin. :rotfl:

H&V doesn't seem to get many good reviews, but we found nothing to complain about! The characters were amazing!

She does enjoy shaking it! It's now wonder she had a great time!

What a cute update! I'm glad you all liked H&V. We had an 8am breakfast there last year & had the same opinion as you. Love the pics of Maddie & Jake! They make a cute couple. I :laughing: at your comment that Maddie always thinks she looks good. Gotta love the confidence of 5 year olds!

:rotfl2:

I'm glad that you enjoyed it too! It gets such bad reviews, but it was really quite good! The character interaction was awesome too!

I love the confidence that they have at this age. I hope that she holds onto it for a very, very long time.

Awww...young love is so precious. ;)

Jill in CO

:rotfl: Isn't it?

I can always get up early... it's the bright I have trouble with.

I have trouble with both. But at Disney I can get up with the sun. :confused3

Sounds good... but I have no idea who Jake is or any of the other characters you'll meet at breakfast.

I'm gonna have to rent smaller kids or something... :rolleyes:

:rotfl: Don't bother. With the exception of Jake and Doc McStuffins, you're not missing anything.

Try teen. Oh, no. Really. Lots of fun.

Really.

Honest.

:rolleyes1:

I'm looking into boarding school and convent options.

Which came first? The chicken or the egg? The idea of early breakfast to get TSM passes or Maddie seeing Jake?

You're on to me.

There goes your chance to say, "Great! Universal Studios!"
Seriously though, if you got on a bus that said DHS, there's a good chance that you might want to go... oh, I don't know... maybe to DHS?

It was so nice that he asked (I'd heard of drivers doing resort drop offs early in the morning before), but yeah probably going to DHS.

Were you able to fend her off? Or were you powerless to defend yourself?

Powerless!

I've read those reviews too. Maybe they're coming around.

Seemed like it. The food was good, characters were great. No complaints.

Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable in a similar situation?

"Mary, is that kid still staring at me?
"Let me check."
"Don't look!"
"Relax, I'll pretend I'm fixing my makeup and look in the mirror... Yeah, she's still staring."
"OMG, I'm so freaked out! Let's get out of here... if we can!"

:lmao: That's hilarious.

I disagree. The shots you got were great! It more accurately showed how she felt.

Thanks Ponz!

You may have just sold me on why not to go! :laughing:
Sir? Would you like to meet Jake? Or any of these other characters you don't know anything about? (Repeat until I throw my untouched plate of food at someone).

:lmao::lmao:

Ah! Well, okay. If TSM is a priority I'll consider it. Thanks for the chapter, Shan-a-lama! :goodvibes

Thanks for the responses Mr. Ponzerooni!

ahhh Disney boyfriends, everyone has one! At that age, it was Tigger for me! Lol:rotfl2: I'm glad Maddie got to meet him! and that H&V was so much fun! I honestly wish there was another character meal in DHS (Muppets perhaps?) most of the character stuff in that park is just either Star Wars, or Playhouse Disney, and I do neither haha! Awesome that Bryan got his breakfast burrito finally!! Yay!!

Another character meal there would be great! A Pixar one would be amazing! We watch so much Disney Jr. at home that I'm not very patient about seeking it out at DHS. The breakfast was a perfect solution!

He loved his breakfast burrito!

Great update! The youngest in our family will be 15 at the time though, so no Hollywood and Vine for us :rotfl:

Maddy is absolutely adorable, by the way :cutie:

Darn it! I'm almost certain that they wouldn't enjoy it. :rotfl:

Thank you so much!

I am SO happy to see this review! I made an ADR here a few weeks ago for our trip (IN THREE WEEKS!!!) and it's all my kids can talk about! Kind of shocks me, honestly! The closer we get, the more excited I get about that breakfast. And making a breakfast burrito?!? PERFECTION! I'll be one happy mama!

Yay!!! I really think that your kids will love the breakfast! IN 3 WEEKS????!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

You'll have to get a breakfast burrito--Bryan loved his.

The characters were awesome, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Awesome update. What a great early morning experience. :thumbsup2

I am one who will NEVER step into H&V again...but we've only done dinner (twice, unfortunately). Being that we don't have little ones, it is an easy one for us to skip (I don't even know who any of those characters are ;)). But Maddie sure has a "crush" and I feel so sorry for your hubby....he's going to have to have that shotgun ready when she gets older. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks! I know lots of people have sworn off H&V. I can't speak for lunch or dinner-but the breakfast food was good! I doubt you'll have need to make that ADR for a while though.

Bryan is going to need nerve pills when she's a teenager--or a shotgun.
:lmao:

Yall's 'kiss attacks' are PRECIOUS.

HAHAHA awww. Maddie and Jake, sittin' in a tree. (Or standing on a floor... hugging.) :cutie:

Hmm... I always thought the Pope would be fond of toilets. :confused3 :laughing:

Sounds like a great breakfast! I'm glad yall enjoyed it.

We love to attack each other with kisses. Much nicer than most attacks.

She love, love, loved meeting Jake! He's her Eugene.

That's one of Bryan's favorite sayings. What can I say, it makes me laugh every single time he says it.

You have made my night with this update!!! :cool1: I think I'm finally excited about our ADR here! Sounds like a great time. I love all of Maddie's pictures with the characters......you can really tell how she feels about each of them. :rotfl: Reid is going to love this meal....you have made me so happy that I booked this for him. And y'all were out by 8:35?!? :woohoo: I feel so much better about the whole TSMM thing now. Thank you!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I knew you'd be happy to read it. Reid will have so much fun with the characters. Is your ADR for 8? The restaurant was more than half empty, and we had sooo much time with the characters. Wait until you hear how we fared with TSMM!!!! You're going to be so happy you made the ADR!

Hello, ok I'm coming out of lurking status :)... I don't write on here very often but, I really LOVED both of your TR's and wanted to tell you so :) I haven't read very many TR's, but yours were VERY well done and hard to stay away from!!!! They weren't only easy and fun to read, but they were VERY helpful to me. And I thank you for that!!!! Your first one got me sucked in because we ourselves are traveling with a preschooler (plus two other children ;)) and I wanted to get any needed tips, and indeed I did!!!!

I also wanted to say your daughter is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I love all of her outfits, too cute!!!! Now that I have come to the end of your updates I will anxiously be waiting for more!!! :)

On a side note, I tried that Miracle hair serum you posted about on my daughters' Rapunzel, barbies and My Little Ponies and OH MY WORD!!!!!! It was TRULY AMAZING how fast that worked!!!!! My seven yr old told her me tell the person who told me about it a personal thank you from her, so "Thank you from her" :rotfl: Again, thank you for all the tips!!! We will be using them in just over 3 weeks!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: Mary

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! Please don't be a stranger!!!

You officially win for my favorite post of the day!!!! Thanks so much for all of the kind words. You've really made my day-makes doing this that much more worthwhile.

Maddie would be over the moon to hear that you're enjoying her outfits-wardrobe is very important to her.:rotfl2:

Please tell your daughter that she is very welcome and that I'm very glad that the Miracle Serum has changed her life the way it's changed ours. ;) It's amazing isn't it!?

Please ask away if you have anymore questions! If I don't know the answer, I'm sure that one of the great people that follow the TR will. We all love helping each other navigate WDW with little ones!

Thanks again! You made my day!

That skirt you made is too cute!

What a sweet story about Cooper & not wanting to leave Maddie. :goodvibes Love all the photos - especially the family picture!

Thanks Amanda! Megan's on board for advertising our Etsy shop. :lmao:

He is such a sweet dog, and she loves him so much. They make my heart melt.

Thanks! I love that picture!

Thanks for the info Karen! Did you use David's or did you know someone/use the DIS boards?

Thank you-she loves to pose!

I used David's and he responded to my email immediately and within an hour it was all done! If you have a preference, I might just use that as my one and only perference and see what happens. Especially if you are far enough out. We stayed at OKW.

I felt using David's was a good experience. Thinking about maybe doing DVC points again next year....

And, here I am three pages behind... again!

Thanks Karen

Awesome info! Thanks. It's a relief to know that you had a good experience with David's. I'm still a little nervous, but I'd be a lot more comfortable using a business than a stranger. Did you like OKW? I love the look of the resort, but the location scares me. My wishlist would be BCV, BLT, then BWV. What one will you try next?

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I knew you'd be happy to read it. Reid will have so much fun with the characters. Is your ADR for 8? The restaurant was more than half empty, and we had sooo much time with the characters. Wait until you hear how we fared with TSMM!!!! You're going to be so happy you made the ADR!

Our ADR is right at 8am!! At first, it was 805. But, you know that's good enough for me. :lmao: So, I stalked until I got it right at 8. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear about how you worked out TSMM! popcorn::

Thanks Amanda! Megan's on board for advertising our Etsy shop. :lmao:

We may just have something here! Today, my aunt & uncle were passing through town & stopped by for a visit. They saw my countdown calendar & my uncle kept telling me that I need to market them to Disney so they can sell them. :rotfl:

I, too, love the pose.. with the one foot up on the toe. what a cutie.. ok, about 15 years, then we intro duce Maddie to our grandson Jackson...!

maybe by then she'll be over jake.. how cute is that?

Fun first day of school pictures!! Ony 3 more days then my baby starts!! :sad: Let the tears begin!!

I have a LOT to catch up on!

But I just have to say you have the most gorgeous family!! :goodvibes

Alrighty, back I go to read!

Trying my best to catch up with TRs this weekend!! :faint: I got very behind so these thoughts first.....

"That's nice June, but where's my man Jake?"

IMG_4684.jpg

I think this picture is priceless!! Her face really does say it all!!!

IMG_4693.jpg

But then this picture says it all too!!

Best of all? We were way ahead of the game for TSMM!

For our family anything that gets us to TSMM ahead of the game would be amazing but I don't think DS18 and DD16 would be too thrilled with the characters here...:laughing:

Back to the luau! I actually read this one at my work desk one day but couldn't respond. At the time I was waffling over adding it along with Hoop even though I knew Keith wasn't thrilled with the idea. I have decided he needs to experience and then say yay or nay because we have missed out on several things and then he enjoys it in the end when we try...anyhow, I am glad I read your review when I did. I still would like to try the luau one day but it sounds like something best left for when we have a longer trip allowing other things to make up a potentially not great experience!! Maybe our girls' trip because of the eye candy!! ;) .....:lmao:

Now to H&V: Keith saw that place and asked why we had not been there before...I told him bad reviews. I am glad you guys enjoyed it so much! It is nice to hear something good. Maddie looks like she enjoyed it so much! As I was reading I thought about how many wonderful memories she will have from this trip from the Fairy Godmother's letter to BBB and now this plus so much in between (we will not think about DTD! ;))

Another great post(s) as usual!!!!

We've eaten at H&V dinner before and had good food. I know it gets a bad rap, but really breakfast is hard to totally mess up.

Kadence noticed Maddie's shirt 2 seconds after I showed her the pictures, apparently now she wants to wear it on her 2nd day of school. The first is her new favorite "PEACE" shirt from the awesomest store JUSTICE.:rotfl2:

Best of all? We were way ahead of the game for TSMM!

Now you are one smart Disney planner! A leg up on TSM is soooo worth it!:thumbsup2

Hey guys! I wanted to post a picture for Caretames of the skirt that I just finished for her daughter to wear on their upcoming trip, so I thought I'd share a few other pictures as well.

Carey-don't worry. It's longer than it looks. The bottom layer is squished onto the coffee table.

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

Some first day of school pictures.

Maddie and Cooper

IMG_7157.jpg

And, if you'll indulge me for a minute... Our beagle Cooper wouldn't leave Maddie's side all morning on her first day of school. This dog slept curled around my stomach every night when I was pregnant with her, laid with me 23 hours a day when I was on bed rest (he did have to eat and go outside occasionally), and elected himself Maddie's personal security guard when we brought her home from the hospital. I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that he was keeping such close tabs on her on her big day. He's getting older, and things like this make me a little misty. He's a good boy.

I did get him to back off for a moment

IMG_7160.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

And a few from the baseball game we went to last month

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6915.jpg

LOVE, LOVE!!! The skirt! Kadence does too, she wonders if it twirls!:lmao: Thank-you so much! I told her it was for the 2nd day of school :rotfl2:

See, I can think fast!:rolleyes1

I'll pm you!

Awww, the first day of school....pose, I shall have to post Kadence's from last year. She was so proud of her bag, it had to be shown...
DSC00448.jpg

I hope Maddie is enjoying school!

Great family shot! Crop out the creeper's face in the corner though, he looks confused.:laughing:

Awesome info! Thanks. It's a relief to know that you had a good experience with David's. I'm still a little nervous, but I'd be a lot more comfortable using a business than a stranger. Did you like OKW? I love the look of the resort, but the location scares me. My wishlist would be BCV, BLT, then BWV. What one will you try next?

I think using David's is much more secured than an individual. Although, since I've done home exchanges, I would be okay with dealing with an individual. Just easier to use David and certainly fast with booking. I would love to try Wildness Lodge or BWV, but since you probably have to book so far out to get a studio, I probably won't be able to do this. When booking with David payment in full needs to be done at the booking. The dinning plan can be added at a later date, which helps with spreading out the cost. Although, I would love the convienence of BLT, but they have small studios. OKW was nice, very quiet and certainly convenient, especially since I always drvie. Nice thing with OKW is that they have two queen size beds in the studios. They are the only DVC studio with two queen size beds. The counter service was small with limited selections. I did like being able to do laundry at no charge. Our room was by the quiet pool which made it nice. The location was fine. Since we had a car, it was an easy drive to the parks and on occasion we did take the bus. The bus was no problem, but we did find using our car to be a bit faster and too convienent. The nice thing about the buses is that all the buses stop at the hospitaliity house, so if you needed to go there, you could just jump on the first bus that came by. And, sometimes the mousekeepers would even give you a ride in their carts!

Probably, our biggest problem is that the first trip in 2010 we stayed at The Polyensian. I had booked PORS only to get a 40% off pin, so switched to The Polyensian. It really spoiled us! We loved it! When we went in 2010, I really didn't expect that we would be going every year! And, now I'm not sure if we will be going next year.

This year we stayed at PORS in a royal room and love this too! Although, my dgd has stated her favorite resort is the 'volanco pool'!

Loved the first day of school picture! Looks like she was dancing out the door!

Enjoy! Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter