Who in your life is the least understanding of your Disney obsession?

My 2 sisters. We just came home from a trip together and they were shocked at all the different places we ate at, and we did non-park things like shooting bow and arrows at the campground. I paid for a lot of the extra meals, because they thought we should just eat counter service. WHen we came home my sisters told me that they didn't realize I knew so much about WDW.:rotfl:

I'm sure they are talking behind my back, because I was a little "commando". But hey we had one down day, and we were at Storm-a-Lomg Bay and they hated it:scared1: and made me go to the quiet pool.

My 2 sisters. We just came home from a trip together and they were shocked at all the different places we ate at, and we did non-park things like shooting bow and arrows at the campground. I paid for a lot of the extra meals, because they thought we should just eat counter service. WHen we came home my sisters told me that they didn't realize I knew so much about WDW.:rotfl:

I'm sure they are talking behind my back, because I was a little "commando". But hey we had one down day, and we were at Storm-a-Lomg Bay and they hated it:scared1: and made me go to the quiet pool.

Wait...they hate SAB? :scared1: :faint:

I'm so sorry. :hug:

I would say my older brother doesn't understand my Disney obsession. That's ok because I don't understand some of the stuff he likes either. Also he says he doesn't understand, but always wants to go to DLR with me.

My sister-in-law.

She's never been there, but she's the type who automatically knows everything about everything (and she's usually wrong). For years it's been "it's just another amusement park." I wish I could have gotten her to go when it was still special, but now it's getting closer to her perception. With the decline in dining, we've lost a good deal of our bragging rights. We still like it and go as often as we can, but it's not what we used to brag about. I'm hoping that changes by the time we actually get her to go.

My two daughters-in-law. It seems they are embarrassed to tell their friends we are on yet another trip to WDW.

Penny

My grandma, she thinks I'm way to old to like Disney. I spend my money on all things Disney and she tells me that stuff is to expensive. She enjoys Disney movies and music, but she doesn't understand why I'm so obsessive over it.

My mom on the other hand is the one I go with to see Disney movies in theatre, we buy a ton of the dvds, and she really wants to visit WDW sometime and I plan on taking her. She's pretty much the only one in my family that enjoys Disney as much as I do.

It would probably be my boyfriend for me too lol. He's never been to any of the parks at all, so I can't really fault him for not knowing how fun they are lol. I told him we should go to FL sometime and he said if we did we had to go to Busch Gardens. I told him as long as we went to Disney too, that would be fine. After I got back from my last trip to WDW he asked me how my trip to "Disneyland" was. I told him I didn't go to DL, I went to WDW. He was like uhh aren't they the same thing? I tried to explain the differences (different coasts, different parks, etc.) and he just didn't get it. So now not only does he have to go to WDW with me, he has to go to DL with me too so that he can see they are NOT "the same thing" lol!

My husband. He thinks it's "just another theme park" but he did come around after our last trip when he saw how awesome they were with our son's food allergies.

I have a friend who makes "comments" whenever I mention Disney. Now, we haven't been as often as some people on the DIS: WDW every other year from 1999-2007 (so that's 5), plus 2 trips with marching band, plus 1 trip to Disney Land in CA. We haven't been for FOUR years (and I'm going into withdrawal), but with both boys in college, money is tight.

But if I dare to mention anything Disney to this friend, I'll get a comment about "How can you go there so often? Don't you get tired of it?"

And yet, I've never said anything negative to this friend about HER vacations: EVERY year (and I DO mean EVERY year for the 20+ years I've known her), the SAME week in August, she and her DH go to Myrtle Beach and stay in the SAME condo. No matter how tight money might be for them, she HAS to go. She was even thinking of skipping a close family member's destination wedding because it might mean less $$ for Myrtle. (Fortunately, they found a way to pay for both.)

I give up.

My grandmother always manages to make a comment about how there are so many other places that are are cheaper and more worthwhile. Then again my grandmother always has something that is better and more worthwhile in her opinion when it comes to any topic so we just ignore her!

Either I'm just lucky or I don't care enough what other people think to notice but I'm trying to think of anyone that gives me a hard time about going to WDW and I can't think of anyone. Sure, not everyone I know loves or goes to WDW but noone has ever questioned my love for it or wondered why we go so much.

Same here!

My Dad and my in-laws. They see it as a HUGE waste of time and money. We just don't tell them when we go. I have MIL blocked on my Facebook so she can only see photos so she probably gets the idea that we are at WDW when she starts seeing our pix from the parks posted on my page! :laughing:

The way I see it - we're adults and it is none of their business where we go on vacation or how we spend our money.

I do have a couple of childhood friends that comment once in awhile on my FB page about "Disney AGAIN?" when they see that we are going again but my Disney friends far outnumber the friends like that so most of the comments I get talk about how jealous they are that we are there and they aren't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter