Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

Okay guys I purchased the Princess stuff, the Predesigned pages and the Disney Vacation PP. I also got the word art but can't get it to download. So far I like everything. Not crazy about the predesigned pages but they work fast and look better when I add my own embellishments.

I have a question. How do you upload your layout and post them to a gallery? Also does anyone use Windows Vista? I am trying to upload more fonts and can't figure it out at all!! Even with two tutorials from the net! HELP!!!! Tiffany

Okay guys I purchased the Princess stuff, the Predesigned pages and the Disney Vacation PP. I also got the word art but can't get it to download. So far I like everything. Not crazy about the predesigned pages but they work fast and look better when I add my own embellishments.

I have a question. How do you upload your layout and post them to a gallery? Also does anyone use Windows Vista? I am trying to upload more fonts and can't figure it out at all!! Even with two tutorials from the net! HELP!!!! Tiffany

Hi There-- Several of the links are not working... including the word art... here is the response I got today from CM:

Thank you for contacting us regarding digital downloads. We are aware that there is a problem with these links and we are working very hard to get them fixed. Please tell your customer that we are very sorry for the inconvenience and she should be able to download them this evening.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact Consultant Services at (888)227-6748 Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CT.

I have Vista.... To download fonts, I just download them and "extract" them as I would anything else. Then, I right click on the file and choose "install" from the menu that pops up....

To upload layouts here, you have to first upload them to a photo storage site like Photobucket, Flickr, Smugmug, etc. (These are free. I like Photobucket.) Then you just cut and paste the code in your post and it should appear. To upload to an actual gallery (like Scrapmatters Gallery), you have to save your layout as a jpeg (save in lower resolution for web) and then upload it directly into their gallery from your computer.

Hope that helps. I agree about the CM predesigned pages being just "ok." I do like to have them, though, because sometimes they give me a little springboard -- and, like you said, once I spruce them up with my own stuff, they look pretty good.

Christy,

Thanks for the help! The word art downloaded just fine this am. Are you a CM consultant? If so pass on your website and I will order from you. I just had to search for a consultant in my area so I have not ties to anyone.

Thanks again, Tiffany

I am getting into the idea of templates for SBC+, too. I have made some of my own by using the photo boxes and gray shapes to mimic other kinds of templates. It is really cool. We could even upload them to one of those file sharing sites and share them. I think I'm going to make one of the Mickey head/Illuminations LO I did a while ago to share with everyone. We'll see how that goes!

Were you ever able to upload some of the templates?

I am new to digital scrapbooking and have been playing around with SBC+. I really like what I have been able to do so far!!

Has anyone watched the 3 tutorials online yet? I am going to watch them this weekend and try to learn some more stuff.

Any more tips? Everyone here is ssssoooo creative and ssssoooo good at all of this!! :worship:

I have not been able to upload any templates except CM. It could be because I have Vista :furious: which I hate!!!! I have lots of problems getting it to do what I want. I also made a HUGE goof and tried to export my kits so I could better organzie them. I thought I had lost ALL of my embellishments, papers, alphas, etc. :scared1: I am going to work on putting them all back this weekend.

Hopefully Jessica will have more info on the templates she was trying to make soon!!

Tiffany

Just thinking about losing everything you buy/download is just scary!!! That makes me want to go home and back everything up, which I will this weekend! I can't wait to make my first scrapbook with SBC+!
I am going to use all of the pictures from when I lived in Germany for 6 months. This was in 2002 and I've done absolutely nothing with all of the pictures :confused3. I visited different cities in Germany, numerous places in Italy, Amsterdam, Switzerland, London, and Luxembourg.

Anyone have any suggestions for some good kits to use? I'd like everything to look very regal and classic. I have a ton of pictures in Italy and Switzerland, with oceans, lakes, snow, mountains, etc. And in Amsterdam I saw the Prince get married and the Anne Frank House, so I have some cool pics for that. Any suggestions please?? :goodvibes

I have a ton of Brittish designs kits. I love her stuff!! I also have several random kits from Scrapmatters and Scrapgirls. Have you checked out ikeagoddess.com? She list TONS of freebies from all kinds of sites. It is awesome and FREE!!!

I have checked out Britt-ish designs, and all her stuff is so amazingly cute!!
Since I'm new to this digi-scrapping world, I have been looking at any web-site I can get my hands on! I really liked shabbyprincess.com too. I think I downloaded all 21 free kits! lol. I just love with SBC+ how easy it is to mix and match stuff. Probably why I keep downloading everything I find. haha :surfweb: I also purchased some of the CM Disney stuff. I like how with the pre-designed pages you can copy an embellishment and use it in another scrapbook (I know, that's very basic, but I was still happy about it ;) )

I have some of the CM disney stuff too and I like most of it. Anything I don't like I can change color or add my own embellishments and make it more "me".

I also like Seebees Freebies for Disney stuff too. There is so much out there I find myself downloading material instead of working on LO's!!:rotfl2:

Lol, so far I am the same way! I've downloaded a ton of stuff! But I've worked on like 6 or 7 practice pages. I'll start working on actual LO's as soon as I get all of my Europe pictures put on a disc and uploaded. Then the real fun begins :cloud9:

I'll try to upload some templates this weekend for sure! I'll let you know when they are up!!

I'll try to upload some templates this weekend for sure! I'll let you know when they are up!!

Hey Jessica -- Have you figured out to do templates with the spots for pictures in SBC pluS? I have a couple LOs I'd like to convert to templates... but I can't figure out how to make the spot for the picture to save as a .png. I've tried the magic wand thing, but can't seem to get it to work right.... It would be fun to share templates. Christy

Great! :banana: I'll be out of town all next week for training, so no DIS, but I can't wait to get back home and check them out. I've looked at some of your LO's and they are so awesome!! :thumbsup2

Well, you guys sure are convincing. I decided to take my Illuminations at night layout and turn it into a template for everyone to try. I posted the original LO and the link to download the template on my blog. Let me know if it works!! Thanks!!

Hey Jessica -- Have you figured out to do templates with the spots for pictures in SBC pluS? I have a couple LOs I'd like to convert to templates... but I can't figure out how to make the spot for the picture to save as a .png. I've tried the magic wand thing, but can't seem to get it to work right.... It would be fun to share templates. Christy

I just did one and I just saved it as a StoryBook File so the "add photo here" spots would be there for the person who is using it. Saving as .png would remove that functionality. People using something other than SBC+ won't be able to use them, but we should all be able to share them with each other. Those PSE users have enough templates anyway!! :rotfl: Try the one I just posted and see if it makes sense to you.

I just did one and I just saved it as a StoryBook File so the "add photo here" spots would be there for the person who is using it. Saving as .png would remove that functionality. People using something other than SBC+ won't be able to use them, but we should all be able to share them with each other. Those PSE users have enough templates anyway!! :rotfl: Try the one I just posted and see if it makes sense to you.

WOW!! It totally worked. How awesome. I have no idea how you did that? Was it complicated?

OH Wait -- I'm a ding dong. I think I just figured it out..... So awesome Jessica. I love that template too -- it's a fun one!

Ok.... I think I uploaded one... will someone try to download it and see if it works? How exciting. I don't have a lot of LOs that are "template worthy," but this one took me a while when I made it because of all the pics and layers so I thought it would be a fun one to convert to a Template.

wetrat-Page069.jpg

http://scrapmatters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5417

And here's the link to my 4Shared:
http://www.4shared.com/file/51276871/53bb528b/WET_RAT_TEMPLATE.html

Well, you guys sure are convincing. I decided to take my Illuminations at night layout and turn it into a template for everyone to try. I posted the original LO and the link to download the template on my blog. Let me know if it works!! Thanks!!

I love it! Such a great LO!! :woohoo: I can't wait to get home and download it onto my computer and play with SBC+. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter