Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley- I got the list. Thanks!

YM- Yes I did check the weather and it will be in the high 60's.

2X- I only saw the first 30min of "Thank you for Smoking". When I see the rest I'll let you know what I think.

Okay, here's my challenge because I'm computer challenged----

Ready-----don't laugh.

I finally got my pictures on my computer from my camera----not such the ordeal that I thought-----but-----they are just in "my computer"----how do I get them here?? On the internet?? So I can put them on DIS?? I know I have to upload/download/whatever, but how do I go about this process.

Cordially,

Wilma F.

2x2s said:
I finally got my pictures on my computer from my camera----not such the ordeal that I thought-----but-----they are just in "my computer"----how do I get them here?? On the internet?? So I can put them on DIS?? I know I have to upload/download/whatever, but how do I go about this process.
Wait a minute, I'll go ask Barney

Love, Betty R.

:teeth:

I don't know what everyone else uses but I use www.shutterfly.com because not only can I post them online I can order the prints. You can just go to their site and sign up, then you can download pictures and name the album. Its really easy, I didn't think it would be!

Everything went fine today----it was really nice. First of all, I love, love, love that church!!! It is so beautiful and it has so much detail to it. It was just a regular mass, but the homily incorporated all those who passed this year. The priest read the list during this. They also had a candle with each one's name on it up on the alter that the family could take home after mass. My mom, dad, aunt and I were the only ones from our family. This was a bit surprising to me. I knew my sister would not be there, but none of my other aunts/uncles/cousins were there. :confused3

After this (which ended about 1:30---looooong mass), I went to a late lunch/early dinner with my parents. We tried out a new steak place that just opened by their house called Stoney River. It was very fancy schmancy but I think we were one of two groups in there. They are only open for lunch on Sundays and are fairly new, so maybe people just don't know the hours yet. I heard you cannot step foot in there on a weekend night, though. The food was really good, but very spensive!!!!!!!! I had prime rib with steamed broccoli. or is it brocolli?? help a girl out here, spelling nazi. neither one looks right to me. I should be like my niece when she was younger and just call it "trees". So, I had the prime rib with steamed trees. My dad a filet that was amazing!! He still doesn't think anything compares to his bison steak that he had at Artists' Point at WL. He admits that he will be comparing everything to that now. :lmao:

After this, I went to their house for him to help me transfer my photos. This turned out to be much longer than I anticipated because he installed some other things for me too. I played to piano while he did this. Because I can, but not very well anymore. I would love to have it here at my house, but I have no room for it. My house is waaay toooo smallllllll!!!!!

Funny story------We were pulling up my pics and what was the first one, you ask??-----

johnny%20depp.jpg

how'd that get there???????? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

First of all, I seriously don't know how it got there!! I saved it from another site when I first posted it here, but then deleted (at least I thought).

Second of all, at first he didn't say anything---probably thought, "oh great, my daughter has saucy pictures on her computer". :lmao:

I think I covered myself by saying----oh, you don't want to use the picture of Johnny?? when we were testing things out.

I turned five shades of red!!!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

2xcited2slp said:
Okay, here's my challenge because I'm computer challenged----

Ready-----don't laugh.

Cordially,

Wilma F.

Does Wilma and Betty have a friend...whatever her name is...that would be me. :teeth: I use photobucket (got this from somone on the DIS) :teeth: When I hit browse on photobucket it will take me to my pictures on my computer and then I ckick on the picture I like and add it to my album. Then you copy and paste the picture from your album (the address with the IMG in it) to the DIS thread....is that clear as mud. :teeth: I tried. :confused3

YourMajesty said:
Does Wilma and Betty have a friend...whatever her name is...that would be me. :teeth: I use photobucket (got this from somone on the DIS) :teeth: When I hit browse on photobucket it will take me to my pictures on my computer and then I ckick on the picture I like and add it to my album. Then you copy and paste the picture from your album (the address with the IMG in it) to the DIS thread....is that clear as mud. :teeth: I tried. :confused3

I've heard of this photobucket thingy, but where do I find it?? I think if I can just get it accessed, then I can figure out the rest. I hope.

Also, once you get it accessed, I take it you can pick and choose which ones you want?? Does anyone else have access to it, or just me??

2xcited2slp said:
I've heard of this photobucket thingy, but where do I find it?? I think if I can just get it accessed, then I can figure out the rest. I hope.

Also, once you get it accessed, I take it you can pick and choose which ones you want?? Does anyone else have access to it, or just me??

You create an account with email and password...so only you can access it. It's photobucket.com (I hope) :teeth:

2x... that is too funny about your dad & the JD picture! Which by the way, thanks. I just can't look at it enough! (and it's broccoli, you were right the 1st time. Trust your instincts!) For your pics, go to photobucket.com, make an account, follow the easy-peasy-lemon-sqeezy instructions to upload your pics. Each photo will have 3 lines under it, copy the last one and paste it into your message and voila! pictures in your posts.

I have no idea what the Dr. Hoot was, I think some sort of cologne (ew?) but the whole owl and Hoot thing had me thinking of you guys & cracked me up!

DBF & I took the girls bowling today, I will have to get the pics up here tomorrow because I am pooped tonight. Lyzzie did fairly well but I have never seen a bowling ball move soooo sloooooowly! Emma just wanted to run around, in fact she kept saying "Emma run around!" while running in circles. At least she didn't try to run down the lane. I kicked butt and won both games. Ok technically DBF & I tied the 2nd game. And it was bumper bowling. But still, woohoo, I win!!

I had a somewhat disappointing conversation with DBF this evening after bowling. Turns out we have a difference of opinion on what exactly being a "girlfriend" means. I seem to think it means more than he does. The thing is, I really like him a lot and he's just not quite up to speed with where I am, and patience is not among my strengths, but I'm trying. Then he left and I ate roughly a pound of ice cream.

Mercy! That picture of Johnny Depp! Whoa!!!!!!!!!!

So, anyone know when the holiday lights and decor will be up at DL? I am going this week!!! (And through all of next week.)

CaptainJacksWench said:

So, anyone know when the holiday lights and decor will be up at DL? I am going this week!!! (And through all of next week.)

I can't answer that...just wanted to say HAVE A GREAT TRIP. :cheer2:

Thanks Lin, YM and Lyzziesmom-----I will give it a try tomorrow.

Betty, did ya bail on me??
Thanks to you and Barney anyway.

Lyzziesmom----I am just shaking my head right now because it is so typical. I'm sorry the both of you are not on the same page. I think sometimes we get our hopes up. Things are going almost "too good" and then all of a sudden he starts to freak and pulls back. Maybe if you act very nonchallant (butchered that one too??) about the whole thing he will then realize. Obviously I'm not the one to give advice though. Good luck-----and stay away from the ice cream, k??

oh, and JD and his pic-----no touchy touchy!!!!!! MINE.
:dance3: princess: pirate:

lyzziesmom said:
I had a somewhat disappointing conversation with DBF this evening after bowling. Turns out we have a difference of opinion on what exactly being a "girlfriend" means. I seem to think it means more than he does. The thing is, I really like him a lot and he's just not quite up to speed with where I am, and patience is not among my strengths, but I'm trying. Then he left and I ate roughly a pound of ice cream.

:goodvibes :goodvibes Hang in there...he sounds like a nice guy...maybe he will change his mind...not the news you wanted to hear...but good that he's not misleading you :goodvibes :goodvibes

Sorry I went MIA. We decided to go to IHOP instead of messing up the kitchen. :teeth: I had the best scrambled eggs EVER. I don't even like eggs normally but I've been craving them lately and these were SO GOOD. And $4.99 for dinner? You can't beat that.

Lyzziesmom, I'm sorry you & DBF aren't on the same page. That is so hard. I'm sure he'll come around, but like 2xcited said try not to act too disappointed about it..Sometimes guys just try to get a rise out of you and see your reaction. :rolleyes:

2xcited- I have a photobucket account, its VERY easy. If I can figure it out, you sure can. :teeth:

Jeremiah & I watched Nanny McPhee last night. It was cute but I don't think I would buy it. We didn't even get to the movies this weekend like I wanted to..I could NOT get motivated this weekend to go anywhere, I think because of the weather. I am totally HATING the cold weather we are having. Plus I really dont want to spend money on unecessary things (still trying to hold on to the disney dream or atleast save for Christmas)>

CaptainJacksWench said:

No idea, but I am very jealous! I have been wanting to go to DL for years, but somehow it always turns out more expensive than WDW. A couple years ago they even had a "everyone goes for kids price" or something like that, and kids flew free. My airport (Kansas City) did not participate, so the saving just were not worth it. But Have Fun!! Donna will most likely expect an itenarary so we can all think of you while you're gone.

2x & YM (and Ashley! we must have posted at the same time), thanks for the words of encouragement. You're right, he is a nice guy and he just wants to be 'sure' before he gets too deeply involved, but I'm already 1/2 way there. I will try to try the nonchalant angle but playing games just isn't my thing... However I'd be a dope to let this one go. As for the ice cream, it's Edy's peppermint crunch - nearly impossible to stay away from but I did refrain from drizzling it with chocolate sauce. :teeth:

I'm working on getting up some pics from our weekend.... hang in there!

I actually feel like a big-time dork right now too. When we went to Petsmart and we were checking out, we gave the girl our phone number because we didn't have one of those discount card things on us. The girl recognized our area code (still Ft.Lauderdale area code because I keep it so my family can call me and not pay long distance) and she started up this conversation with me saying how she's from there, she's lived her for a year, etc and just talking and saying how we both don't like it here, we miss the beach etc..

Well you guys know I'm shy so I didn't really talk much and when we left Jeremiah was like "Ashley she was trying to be your friend! You should have asked her if she wanted to hang out or something!" well after thinking about it I felt bad but I didn't have the nerve to go back or anything. Then I got an idea, I could look her up Myspace and message her because pratically every one & their mother has one (including my own mother) and I just searched for "Manassas VA Petsmart" and up she came.

WELL I messaged her just to say hi since I don't have any friends up here and she was just like "oh hi, how did you find me" and not much else. :blush: Anyway I felt like a stalker and I guess Jeremiah (and me) might have misunderstood her talking to me.

ANYWAY so I was excited about possibly making a friend but I guess that isn't happening now.

Lyzziesmom!!

I looooove Edy's Peppermint Crunch!!! (where is the drooling smiley now!!!!) I totally forgot about it, its my favorite and now I guess they released it for this season. Thanks for reminding me about it!! I'll have to stock up.

Ashley, I think it's so cute that you & Jeremiah watch kids/family movies and you don't even have kids!! He sounds like a great DH. I just discovered a discount 2nd-run movie theater in town, in fact we were going to see The Ant Bully there yesterday but found out once we got there that they only accept cash, so we went across town to see the SC3 instead. How cold has your weather been? We got some nice weather this weekend, every time this happens I kick the kids outside and tell them this will be the LAST NICE DAY until next year! And then of course, we get another nice day. It was in the mid-60s yesterday & today, but my bones they are a-achin' so I think it's fixin to get chilly again soon.

I went to Goodwill today & stocked up on sweaters, got myself 5 good ones. Then we headed over to a consignment shop for the kids clothes, and $107 later I have a complete winter wardrobe for Emma including snow boots and a fleece snowsuit, and a few warm outfits for Lyzzie. The shopping gods were with me today, even if the relationship gods were taking a break!

Ohhh Ashley, I totally know what you mean about making friends!! I have a friend at work, we talk every day for the last 2 years and she just asked for my phone number since I'm leaving next week... I feel weird about calling her. Like I'd be bothering her or something and maybe she was just being nice by asking. Duh, I'm such a dope! And she lives right down the street from me too, just about 6 blocks away, she even wanted me to move in to a house across from her.

I still have the feeling that I'm going to book my Feb trip and nobody else will show up. Haha, jokes on me!! Now I know you guys would never do that, but I still think it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter