Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meatballs - yes, meatballs!! Tell me they don't look like meatballs if you just look at that picture really quickly.

OK, so maybe I am a little warped.

2x: CONGRATULATIONS!! on hitting 1,000! :dance3: :dance3: party:

Lyzziesmom - thanks for reminding me I need to go pick up #12 at the library today!! Try Metro Girl - I check it out last weekend, and although it is totally different characters, still a great writing style, good characters, and I enjoyed the book. I also read Visions Of Sugar Plums (in one evening) it was a fun little book.

Congrats 2x2s......both on reaching 1000 posts and booking your Disney trip.

Update on Courtney. The doctor said he could not find anything wrong with her leg other than it was bruised pretty bad. No fracture, no ligament damage. He had her walk, and she walked pretty well.....just favored it a little.

We went to the mall to get something to eat and she seemed fine. She just limps a little.

I told her we might take a trip to the zoo tomorrow.

YM... on the Disney site, click on "Tickets & Reservations" near the top of the screen. Then on the left, there will be a list of choices, click on the last choice "Special Offers". The first special offer will be the discounted rates with the park hopper/water park options free. I believe there is a bit of a discount on the room as well.. they make it difficult to figure out exactly where the money goes with the packages, but I've been running the numbers all day.

Linda.. yes I do sound like you, don't I?? I keep telling myself, "but for just a little bit more I can ______________ (fill in the blank)!" My dream has been to stay at AKL ever since it opened, but it's sooo expensive. If it's only going to run me a little bit more for a standard room, I am SO tempted. But I also really love the look & feel of POFQ so it's a tough choice. And money is always tight... I have such a hard time spending on anything unnecessary. I'm even considering (gasp!) not doing the DDP, because I'm really not a big eater, even though I LOVE how easy it is and not having to look at prices. Arrrrgh! At this rate, I'll never get anything booked!!

Emma doesn't really nap much anymore. At Disney, she will usually fall asleep in her stroller for a little bit, but that's about it. Thank goodness, because I hate going back for naps! It's like I can hear time ticking away, and I feel like I'm wasting valuable Disney time by sleeping!!

Speaking of ticking... As I mentioned earlier, I was debating with myself over buying a watch for DBF (yes I do that a lot!) and there was one on clearance - it's silver (he doesn't like gold) and the face is his favorite shade of blue. I took it as a sign & got it. Hope it goes over well!

DznyFan... Can you believe Target did not have #12?? How dare they?? Perhaps it will be out in paperback soon. I do have the new Stephen King book sitting in my car waiting to be read, I've been looking forward to it for months. I also read Sugar Plums, it was cute and I think I got through it in a day as well. Good luck with juggling the weekend, it sounds like it's one thing after another! I'm sure it'll all be resolved soon, and you'll forget all about it when you're enjoying your new LAKE HOUSE!!

pozey... glad to hear Courtney is feeling better. Kids are often so much tougher than they seem. Did I tell you guys about how Emma fell down while trick-or-treating? It was a full-on face plant in the street, one minute she's walking along and the next she's spread-eagled on her tummy. I kept asking if she was hurt, because she was crying very hard. Finally she calmed down and I could understand what she was saying, "Spilled candy!" The zoo... how fun! I was also thinking of taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow since it looks like it'll warm up a bit. Our KC zoo is not that great, but the kids like it. I've heard the Omaha zoo is pretty great, we may have to take a road trip next year for a weekend.

lyzziesmom said:
WANTED:
One roommate for POFQ for February Cliqueless Meet. Must like children.

Includes DDP, 5-day MYW tickets w/Park Hopper and Water Park Options, standard room for 4 nights. ONLY $655.50! Room options may be upgraded for a nominal fee.

Any interested parties please PM me or reply in this thread.
Oooh Oooh!! I'll be your roomie! :wave2: :wave:

me-->
th_144.gif
<-- DW

me-->
th_bash.gif
<--DW

Uh....On 2nd thought......never mind.

:rotfl2:

I STILL want to go to Disney World though.....

pozey! Shame on you!!! I think you'd be lucky to get away with only the hammer treatment from DW.

ADDENDUM to previous roommate wanted ad:

Must be female. Unless single and wildly attractive, in which case must provide photo, financial history, proof of negative criminal record and 3 references.

Yeah, I have no shame when it comes to wanting to go to Disney! (hangs head in shame)

I am so jealous of all you guys going!!

Besides.....DW would beat me senseless if I even THOUGHT about going to Disney WITHOUT HER. :crazy:

pozey said:
Oooh Oooh!! I'll be your roomie! :wave2: :wave:

me-->
th_144.gif
<-- DW

me-->
th_bash.gif
<--DW

Uh....On 2nd thought......never mind.

:rotfl2:

I STILL want to go to Disney World though.....

:lmao: that's too funny!!!!

lyzziesmom... I know what you mean. As soon as AKL opened I've drooled wanting to go. Priced it many times. Kennys favorite animal is a giraffe for some reason :teeth: I thought it would be so awesome to get the savannah view and let him wake up and look out at the giraffes. He'd go nuts!!! He loves all animals...but he'd go crazy!!

We like going back for a break. Lay down for an hour and rest up and go back so we can stay late for the fireworks. If he doesn't get a nap he gets rotten!! Plus w/Mikes back, he can't take all the walking that well.

Plus...we're not doing the ddp either. :sad2: w/the land/sea package you CAN'T get it! Grrr!!! Mike loves the ddp but personally, Kenny and I can share and still have plenty left over and that doesn't count an appetizer and dessert! So, we'll be ok there. we'll just pay oop for Ohana and LeCellier!

Oh yeah...when are we going to LeCellier :confused3

I love those two places :cloud9: sooo good!!!

pozey... also glad to hear Courtney is ok and was only bruised. That poor girl doesn't need another cast already ;)

Hi everyone!!

TGIF.

Ok, right now participating in the Christmas Card Exchange I have :teeth:

Nicole
Michele
Lesa
Donna
Amber
Linda
DznyFan
Lyzziesmom
Angela

any other takers? :) Let me know!! pirate:

lindakmonty said:
:lmao: that's too funny!!!!

lyzziesmom... I know what you mean. As soon as AKL opened I've drooled wanting to go. Priced it many times. Kennys favorite animal is a giraffe for some reason :teeth: I thought it would be so awesome to get the savannah view and let him wake up and look out at the giraffes. He'd go nuts!!! He loves all animals...but he'd go crazy!!

We like going back for a break. Lay down for an hour and rest up and go back so we can stay late for the fireworks. If he doesn't get a nap he gets rotten!! Plus w/Mikes back, he can't take all the walking that well.

Plus...we're not doing the ddp either. :sad2: w/the land/sea package you CAN'T get it! Grrr!!! Mike loves the ddp but personally, Kenny and I can share and still have plenty left over and that doesn't count an appetizer and dessert! So, we'll be ok there. we'll just pay oop for Ohana and LeCellier!

Oh yeah...when are we going to LeCellier :confused3

I love those two places :cloud9: sooo good!!!

pozey... also glad to hear Courtney is ok and was only bruised. That poor girl doesn't need another cast already ;)

What about Sat evening for Ohana's(6ish)...then back to Magic Kingdom for spectro and wishes? Linda what days/evenings will you be there? I was thinking Friday night for Le Lellier but not sure if all will be there in time for dinner? Someone else think out loud with me.

lyzziesmom said:
ADDENDUM to previous roommate wanted ad:

Must be female. Unless single and wildly attractive, in which case must provide photo, financial history, proof of negative criminal record and 3 references.
:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

YourMajesty said:
What about Sat evening for Ohana's(6ish)...then back to Magic Kingdom for spectro and wishes? Linda what days/evenings will you be there? I was thinking Friday night for Le Lellier but not sure if all will be there in time for dinner? Someone else think out loud with me.

that would be awesome! I'll have to call and see about availability. We'll be there Thursday morning through breakfast or lunch Sunday. :woohoo: I'm so excited I can't take it!!!! I think I'm going to book the dolphin excursion w/o them knowing about it if I can keep my mouth shut!!

Friday night sounds great for Le Cellier for us, if everyone will be there...

eat, watch Illuminations...ahhhh :cloud9:

:cool1: Whoo Hoo!!! I called and got the passholder rates for POFQ for Feb and upgraded to a water view room!!! I requested Building 5, Donna!! Aren't you getting excited now??

Then I called back to see how much to stay at the Poly since that is my dream hotel. It's almost $130 more a night! So that will stay a dream :cloud9:

I am arriving Friday morning around 9:30 and leaving Monday night around 6:30

2x2...I was thinking about you and the most dangerous cities list. You are in St Louis and I am just outside of Detroit and they ranked 1st and 2nd. Aren't we lucky? The funny thing is how a short distance can make such a difference. I live 6-7 miles from the Detroit border which they say is the 2nd most dangerous city but right next to Troy which is the 5th safest :confused3
Oh and Congratulations on 1000 posts

Pozey...you are too funny if you think your wife would let you go without her, and with a group of gorgeous women! :blush: I'm glad it sounds like Courtney will be OK!!

Lyzziesmom...I like the idea of the watch. I go nuts on days I forget mine.

I have to finish my manicure and get ready for Nick's confirmation tonight

Oh, Matt went to the doctor this morning and got a script for Concerta ( I think ) for his ADHD. Does anyone have any history with this med? He will start it tomorrow and we will see if it helps him to focus.

Have a great Friday!!! :wave:

Oh and the dinner reservations sound great!!!

MI mom of 3 said:
Pozey...you are too funny if you think your wife would let you go without her, and with a group of gorgeous women! :blush: I'm glad it sounds like Courtney will be OK!!
Yeah.....and on the other hand.....if she had a chance to join you guys.......she'd be out the door so fast.......

:wave:
I'm off to go drive to the lake! Even though our electricity isn't hooked up yet, we're staying at our friends' tonight, then my girlfriend and co-homeowner and I are going to unpack and clean tomorrow as best we can.

I'll have a hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps for ya'll! Cheers!

I want to catch up but think it may take me all night! ;) Just wanted to say hello and I hope everyone has a great weekend. One of these days I will read up and get to know you non-clique-ers!

I'll try to catch up as best I can here!!!

**pozey:: I'm so glad Courtney is doing better!!! I was remiss in expressing my concern about her last night. Who ever suggested wrapping that precious bundle of energy in bubble wrap...I second that!!!! :goodvibes I'm sure the kids will enjoy the zoo!! We try to get Nathan to the St. Louis zoo about once a year.

**Linda:: That is so sad and unreal abut the accident/attempted suicide. I shudder to think of the lives in jeopardy because of his actions. :sad2:
Yeah!!!! For making reservations....and love the trip counter. ;)

**YourMajesty:: Sorry to hear your DS is puny today. Sounds like you two are adjusting to it though.

**DznyFan:: My Apple Fritters looked like raw meatballs!! :lmao: I will hav to go back and look at them again. :teeth:
Have fun at the lake house this weekend. I hope you get your electricity hooked up soon.

**CaptainJacksWench:: Hi to you!!! Catch up when you can!!! :thumbsup2

I'm going to post this and catch up on what I overlooked.

Hope everyone is having a Fritter of a Friday!!! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter