Who has the best pool @UA?

disfamily3

DCL: Dream & Magic
Help me decide if I made the right choice. DH and I will be taking DD9 to UA?IOA in November and we are going to be at HR. Is the pool at the hotel mostly a teen scene or is ok for the younger crowd too. Does it have a water slide? Which hotel of the three would be more fun for her age group? I
want feedback to decide if we need to swap or not. THANKS!;)

You should be fine at the HRH or any of the resort pools [ you can always check out the other resort pools as you are allowed to use any of them]We much prefer RPR and the theming of the resort, although this pool does not have a slide

We loved the pool at RPR.
It's huge, lots of little 'cove' areas so that you can't see the entire pool from any one location. Nowhere is it more than 5 feet deep. It doesn't have a slide but does have a raised play area that looks like the deck of a ship with spraying water and water cannons. The kids were having a great time. I also think the sandy beach areas are a plus; definitely in keeping with the tropical paradise theme of the resort.

My Favorite is the Hard Rock, and I also like the Portofino.

I do not like the Royal Pacific pool.

Our favorite is the HRH pool. The underwater speakers playing the same music as is everyhwere in the resort is a nice touch.

Our favorite is the HRH pool. The underwater speakers playing the same music as is everyhwere in the resort is a nice touch.

The HRH pool is great, but very crowded. We just came back and finding empty chairs in the afternoon was impossible, despite the posted 45-minute vacancy rule.

OP's DD9 will love it. Instead of the teen scene I anticipated, it was a preteen scene. My DS10 liked it more than my DS14. Alot of adults working on their tans with cocktails in hand too.

The HRH pool is great, but very crowded. We just came back and finding empty chairs in the afternoon was impossible, despite the posted 45-minute vacancy rule.

:scared1: :scared1: :rolleyes1

Help me decide if I made the right choice. DH and I will be taking DD9 to UA?IOA in November and we are going to be at HR. Is the pool at the hotel mostly a teen scene or is ok for the younger crowd too. Does it have a water slide? Which hotel of the three would be more fun for her age group? I
want feedback to decide if we need to swap or not. THANKS!;)

We've been going for years and have stayed at all 3 hotels. Our daughter who is now 14 has always liked the RPR pool best. Her next fave is HRH and then Portofino.

chair hogs are everywhere, even on cruise ships; mgmt really needs to do sweeps & step it up enforcing their rules imo

ps i agree that the HR pool does seem crowded, think it may be situated on the smallest "lot" of public space kwim? still, has a fun vibe

i like the RP pool, it's big;) Lots of activites going on, volleyball, hula hoop contests, etc.

i may be mistaken but, think the pool @ PB is deeper than the others when you get to the middle area 1/2 way between the slide & steps area:confused3 , quiet pool is very romantic & elegant

honestly...you cannot go wrong with any of them:thumbsup2 Don't forget, you are permitted to pool hop, they have shuttles/boats, etc. If you get a chance check them all out

Loved the RPR pool. Very big and loved the theme. They also had a great little area where they show the different things they do for the kids each day in the pool or around the pool like relay races, balloon toss and races in the pool. They were giving free ice cream bars out the day I walked by to the kids who had just finshed a balloon toss. Loved the dive-in movies they play on week-ends.

Never noticed this at PBH pool, but the last 2 times we have been at RPR, spent our whole vacation there, and the waiters and the lifeguards seemed to keep an eye on the chair situation, and regularly remove towels that are left unattended ,and not necessarily 45 mins.
What annoys me is that yoyu need to go and collect towels for the chairs, but people just get up and leave all the towels on the chairs ,rather than take the towels and put them in the bins provided, as they have to walk past them.

Yes we were just there last week and saw signs saying not to leave towels on chairs unattended or they would be removed. We understand the whole thing about people going down first thing in morning and staking out their chairs to get the best spot with no intention of coming back to them until after their breakfast or whatever, that shouldn't be done. But, we went down and wanted to save 2 chairs and a small table to come back to read a newspaper which was left on the table and our cover-ups and sandals were on the chairs, after we had got a bite to eat at the poolside dining place. There were plenty of unattended empty chairs available so we didn't see this to be a big deal. Well, after eating a quick lunch and bringing back drinks to our chairs the newspaper was gone as were our 2 towels. All around us were empty chairs not being saved or used.:confused3 So, my DH went to the towel hut and asked why they would remove his paper? They apologized and came back with another paper (possibly the same one by the way we had folded it up) and we sat back down. Kinda crazy they patrol that when clearly at certain times of the day there is no need to be worried about lack of chairs.:cloud9:

When i get up i usually head to the pool with DD, while Dw gets herself ready, i do not put the towels down and then leave for breakfast, i usually stay, and if i want a bite i would bring it down with me.

This is RPR pool.

001.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter