• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has the best onion rings?

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
I am an onion ring lover..who has the best? Can you TS or CS, doesnt matter, I will go out of my way for awesome onion rings. Please add what dipping sauce they brought you with the rings, some places have ranch, spicy dip, horseradish sauce etc.

I don't recall getting any dipping sauce when I've gotten onion rings @ WDW. I prefer the Battered type which is what I've had. The places I know that serve them are as follows in no special order:
Beaches & Cream @ the Beach Club - TS but they have an Ice Cream Counter
Flame Tree BBQ in AK (these have a slight spice to the batter) - CS
Hot Dog Shack on the Boardwalk - CS
Sci-Fi Dine in in MGM - TS

Beaches & Cream @ the Beach Club - TS but they have an Ice Cream Counter

These are my favourites!

DSC00879.jpg

First of all, thankyou thankyou thankyou for this thread! :cheer2:

I love onion rings and I have based a few of our ADRs on the fact that the menus contained onion rings and milkshakes. Sad, I know. But now I know we WILL be stopping at Flame Tree for lunch! Spicy rings sound very good right now. Too bad it's 11:45 at night and I'm nowhere near AK!

Just looking at the picture makes me very hungry!

I've got to agree with the recommendations about B&C. I've also had great onion rings at Concourse Steak House - but our last visit there was 2 years ago.

Olivia's has the best onion rings I have ever had with the exception of Mad Martha's up at Lake George!!!!!!!

Flame Tree BBQ has the best onion rings I've had at Disney. Prime Time also has good onion rings. I believe their's comes with some kind of horseradish dipping sauce.

Prime Time has great onion rings and, if I remember correctly, they came with a great Horseradish sauce. The onion rings at Sci Fi are good as well as Beaches and Cream. We LOVE onion rings, too. I just think you should try to sample as many as possible - all in the name of research, of course!!!!! Enjoy your quest!

Donna Sue

Definately PrimeTime, they are huge, crispy and come with a great creamy horseradish sauce, yum!

Thanks everyone!

For lunch today I am making DH take me to our local sports bar so I can get a fix! They make these huge beer batter ones served with a chili mayo dip that is so yummy

Does any resteraunt have the thin battered variety? I'm not a big fan of the battered ones. Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

First of all, thankyou thankyou thankyou for this thread! :cheer2:

I love onion rings and I have based a few of our ADRs on the fact that the menus contained onion rings and milkshakes. Sad, I know. But now I know we WILL be stopping at Flame Tree for lunch! Spicy rings sound very good right now. Too bad it's 11:45 at night and I'm nowhere near AK!

Just looking at the picture makes me very hungry!

When you get the onion rings at Flame Tree, try dipping them in the sweet & spicy bbq sauce they have at the condiment bar. Soooooo good and has a nice little kick to it!

we'd have to say the onion rings at both sci-fi and the 50s - plus the ones at the 50s come with the dipping sauce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter