Who has the best desserts?

Ohhhh how I love desserts! I cannot pinpoint a favorite yet but I do love the bread pudding at ohana, choc creme brulee from kona, oh wait! My favorite is the coconut flan from crystal palace :) waaaaay tooooo yummmmmy!!

Mama Melrose had a delicious cheesecake, and I hear the cheesecake at Narcoossee's is awesome as well.

I can't remember what they were called - but the chocolate dessert I got at Citricos came with a chocolate "half-crown." It was beautiful.

Also had an absolutely fabulous dessert at California Grill - tasted great and looked beautiful.

I think the signature restaurants have great desserts, in general.

I gotta admit though - my favorite dessert is the bread pudding with warm sauce that you can get at the Tusker House buffet. Looks like crap because everyone is digging into it - but tastes fabulous.

The thing they serve at 'Ohanas - totally overrated IMO. Texture is off, IMO.

Definately not best looking dessert, because it is family style, but the apple streusel at LTT for me is the best dessert on property. I dont eat apple pie, but I enjoy this so much, I make my family eat there just for this. I keep trying to find something similar, but never can. I would love the recipe.

Diane

Another not fancy, but yummy is the Bavarian cheesecake at Biergarten.

mmmm I love creme brulee! The only one I've had at Disney is the Bailey's creme brulee at Raglan Road which was AWESOME. Next time I go I'll have to plan on visiting a few more restaurants with creme brulee... there are so many! And so many different varieties too! :lovestruc

Favorites:

Crepes at Bistro de Paris
Bavarian Cheesecake at Biergarten
Sticky Toffee Pudding at Rose & Crown

I think that California Grill's pastry chef does wonderful work. Their seasonal desserts have never disappointed me.

We thought the desserts at Kona Cafe were outstanding! Each one was better than the last (I think we had 5 between the 4 of us, including a complimentary order of Koko Puffs, which are no longer on the menu, but were a gift for our anniversary, and were scrumptious).

My DS found his personal dessert nirvana at California Grill in the Valhrona Chocolate Cake. He is a "chocolate lava cake" fanatic and eats it at every possible time, so you could say he's tasted a few. He swears nothing has ever come close!

A big surprise for me were the profiteroles at Chefs de France. They looked like no big deal, but when I tasted them, oh, my! I'm also a bread pudding fan, so I love the bread puddings at both Raglan Road and 'Ohana.

Please check out my dining report in my signature for pics and more detailed descriptions from our last trip.

Honestly, I haven't been crazy about the desserts at Disney Signature Restaurants . I'm not big on designer desserts, and most of the desserts in the signatures tend to be geared more towards looking cool than tasting good. I'm going to Flying Fish for my birthday dinner at the end of the month, then over to DHS for Fantasmic. I'll probably skip dessert at the restaurant and get something from Starring Rolls (Butterfinger Cupcake perhaps?). Whicjh leads to my list...

1. Napoleon from France in WS
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice cream Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow in MK.
3. Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS
4. Carrot Cake Cookie from Writer's Stop in DHS
5. Dole Whip Swirl MK
6. School Bread from Norway in WS
7. Brownie Sundae from Ghirardelli's w/ Rocky Road Ice Cream in DTD
I could go on and on and on...

I second whoever said Wolfgang Puck's! In February, DH and I split the carrot cake and the chocolate lava cake and they were 2 of the best desserts we have ever had!

I am also a pastry chef, my restaurant/bakery specializes in cakes and home-style desserts. I love to harvest ideas for flavor combinations and presentation when we visit Disney (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Yep, Signatures definitely have the best presentation. The desserts are usually as tasty as you'd expect them to be, based on how lovely they look. I love the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower at Brown Derby, that fab Almond Cheesecake at Narcoosee's (even though I usually don't like cheesecake), and the pithivier at the patisserie in France. Anything from the Karamel Kuche is great too.:love:

A few misses for me:
I haven't had a Disney cupcake that I thought was yummy. The frosting is traditional Amerian "buttercream": globs of whipped shortening and powdered sugar. :eek: In their credit, the cake is usually moist.
The creme brulee at the France patisserie - watery texture and almost no flavor. Every other creme brulee I've had in Disney has been good though.
That horrendous key lime glop in a cup at Flametree BBQ - ugh.

I also LOVE bread pudding, have won awards for mine, and try it nearly everywhere I go (unless it has raisins). The bread pudding at Ohana is hit or miss - I really loved it the first time I tried it, but the second time it was dried out and just wasn't wonderful. I've had some at various buffets around Disney and it's usually quite good.

Have fun tasting all the fun sweet stuff Disney has to offer!

This is a no brainer for me :laughing:

Ohanas Bread pudding with warm banana foster sauce and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, pure comfort and satisfaction....

The cape may bread pudding served at there morning buffet is very moist and the vanilla sauce is great over it....

The bavarian cheese cake in germany is so worth getting... Lovely really :cloud9:

No pictures, but my favorite was Chocolate Indulgence at Artist Point. The cousse dish at Cali Grill was pretty good. The rest of my desserts were good, but not great.

Can you say bread pudding? Yum! Both O'hana and Ragland Road have the best bread pudding ever! The almond crusted cheesecake at Narcoossees is great also, the Bavarian cheesecake at Beirgarten!

I wanted to love the bread pudding at Ohana after reading so much about it, but I hated it! DH liked it though. It was my first time having bread pudding though... must not be my thing.

This is a no brainer for me :laughing:

Ohanas Bread pudding with warm banana foster sauce and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, pure comfort and satisfaction....

I :love: the bread pudding at Ohana!

And I typically can't stand bread pudding!

Simply ah-may-zing!!!!

my mouth afterward: :yay:

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter