Who has stayed at Crowne Plaza?

joedave12

Earning My Ears
I was wondering who has stayed at Crowne Plaza? It looks beautiful from the pictures and we got a great deal...however trip advisor doesn't say anything great. What do you think? If you have stayed there how did the shuttle work out and is it within walking distance? THANK YOU !
:cool2:

Hi, we've stayed there (I'm one of those who didn't like it). You are the last stop on the shuttle p/u and d/off, you share with the Hyatt and possibly one other, I forgot, it comes every 30 minutes. I do not believe you would want to walk, it would be a very looooong walk. Have I seen people do it? Yes. The room was clean and you have a Target right across the street and a Coco's for breakfast near Target. Oh, there is a lady when you first walk in who will greet you, just smile and walk right on by to the check in counter...she sells timeshares.

We have stayed there, though it was in 2008! The shuttle was fine, rooms clean and nice with comfy beds. Love having target across the street and many food choices nearby. We did not have a car, but I have heard the parking maybe an issue. There are lots of deals on priceline and hotwire for this hotel. We purchased as a package through Alaska Airlines and it was a great value at the time.

That said DH has become an onsight snob! He hates the shuttles and crowds in general. The girls and I do not care as long as we get to go to DL!!!

I stayed there several years ago too. I got it on Priceline back then.

No problems with it. Quite nice really. Clean rooms, nice looking rooms, etc. We always have a car, so the distance wasn't an issue.

The walk from parking to the hotel was annoying though, and I now remember one night there was VERY limited parking. I was quite nervous I wouldn't get a spot.

Otherwise, it was fine. The hotel next door, think it's Marriott maybe? It had a Starbucks I walked to.

We have stayed there twice, both through Priceline. Parking is a major issue. We had rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee and had a hard time squeezing into spots and there were some nights when we had to drive around and around to find a spot. We went during a very busy time (Utah and Arizona fall breaks last year -- won't ever do that again) and the shuttle was always full. We usually were still able to get a ride but one morning, it was too full and we decided it wasn't worth the aggravation and drove to the Toy Story lot. The hotel itself and the rooms are great. Very nice and clean.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in May 2010. We did the "Name Your Own Price" on Priceline, so I wasn't sure what I was getting. I was very pleased. The room was sooo nice. At the time my husband worked at Green Valley Ranch in Las Vegas (which is a 4 diamond resort) and the room was just as nice as what we would have paid $300 for in Las Vegas (but we got it for a 1/6 of that price ;)) My favorite thing about the hotel was the free shuttle. It was my first encounter with a shuttle, since we always drive and I must admit it spoiled me (because it was free!). The parking lot was crowded, but when we were there, there was a prom downstairs. We "tried" taking the timeshare tour, but we were late. When we tried to reschedule, they didn't have any openings, but they still gave us $100 Disney Dollars. :cool1: We ate breakfast downstairs and it was around $12 per person, it was a buffet, with waffles, eggs, and I think sausage. The only thing the waiters do is clean tables and bring coffee. The pool area was nice, but we didn't swim. I paid a cash deposit of $200, which I was able to use to charge a 3 day park hopper to my room and pay the hotel fees which ended up being about $60. We did walk across the street to go Target and buy water bottles and snacks for the kids while they were in the room.

My only complaint? The last night we were there, the fire alarm went off and we rushed downstairs (taking the stairs with a baby and a toddler) and as we entered the lobby, all the attendants were unaware of any fire alarm :headache:.

Sorry if that was lengthy. Overall, it is well worth the money and I would have paid full price. The next time I use NYOP on Priceline-- I got a Holiday Inn for the same price. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter