• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has recently been to EMH at night at Animal Kingdom?

Fromeurope

Mouseketeer
In a few weeks I'm planning to visit the extra magic hour at night at Animal Kingdom. I am really looking forward to that, but I am wondering if the Kilimanjaro Safari will be open at night.
And how about the gorillas and the tigers, can you see them, or will they be somewhere inside?
Who knows and can help me?
Thank you very much :wave:

The safari was not open at night. There was a late performance of Tarzan Rocks, 2 performances of Lion King; Tough to be a Bug; Dinoland rides, dinosaur, Discovery Island and the walking trails. The crowds were very light for our EMH, but it was not the usual day for it.

Thank you :D
Isn't it very dark in AK at night?
I am sad that the KS isn't open, but now I can ride Dinosaur several times in a row I think....

This is one evening EMH I'd be interested in as well. Hoping to catch it on our "last minute trying to plan trip" in the next few weeks.

The Safari and the animal trails close with the sunset. Two weeks back I finished work at Safaris then went out into the park during EMH and just wandered around taking pictures. The park is absolutely beautiful at night, especially the Tree of Life :)

Fromeurope, just a thought here...make it into the park and down in front of the Safari entrance for the 4pm parade. When it's over you can head right into Safaris with little or no wait....it's even possible sometimes to ride it twice in a row before closing. Alternatively, see the parade, ride the Safari, then head straight from Safari exit into the Pangani Forest Trail to see the Gorillas before it closes.

Don't forget Kali River Rapids. DD and I rode 4 times in a row without getting off of the ride. Make sure you bring a change of clothes if it is cold. The CM said the record was 17 times and we were welcome to ride for the whole 3 hours :earseek:

PandyPaws said:
...make it into the park and down in front of the Safari entrance for the 4pm parade. When it's over you can head right into Safaris with little or no wait....it's even possible sometimes to ride it twice in a row before closing. Alternatively, see the parade, ride the Safari, then head straight from Safari exit into the Pangani Forest Trail to see the Gorillas before it closes.

Shhh! You just gave away my secret-it's great! Question-is the Pangani Forest Trail lit at night? Also, one time I was talking to the CM in the Aviary, and she was telling me about how they were trying to train the Beeeaters to eat stationary food (not just flying bees). I tried to get back to see the training session, but I missed it. So what time would be best for seeing any bird training going on? I'm a birder and would love to see this.

Thanks for the great tips PandyPaws. We are going in a few weeks and my son loves Dinosaur as well as the safari and we cannot wait to stay late at the park. We have never seen the park after dark and I bet it is beautiful. Lynda :flower1:

Evening hours attractions will include:
The Boneyard
DINOSAUR
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Primeval Whirl
Tarzan Rocks
Triceratops Spin

I would think that after dark you wouldn't be able to see the animals on the Safari or the trails.

We will be there in about two weeks and Superbowl Sunday will be the EMH for Animal Kingdom. I think I will miss the Superbowl just for the chance to be at AK at night.

I know alot of people don't care for AK, but I love it. :earboy2:

Wow I never thought about AK at night can't wait, DS and I like AK. Don't they house the animals in at night and are feed then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter