who has husbands that get mad when you scrap

rvoto

My DH built me a scraproom with his very own hands
Although my husband is wonderful . There are those days when he gets upset when I scrap. He says things like the house is a wreck when she scraps or he won't talk to me. When we are out he tells everyone that I am so good I should do it for other people and charge 5..00 a page or more. What is funny to me is that when I want a day to just scrap I work really hard on my house to get that day . The house is never dirty. Her just gets cranky. So tell me some of you hubby stories. I hope I am not the only one.:rolleyes:

Mine is passive aggressive - my scrapping table is in our bedroom. Its funny but on the nights I want to scrap - he needs to go to bed early. If its the afternoon on the weekend he wants to take a nap on our bed (instead of the couch where he normally naps) or he thinks since I'm in the bedroom - that means I must be ready for sex... I gotta move my scrapping table.;)

I'm very blessed. Hubby supports my habits. He brings home scrapbook related stuff all of the time. This weekend he surprised me with a new desk and file cabinet for my scrap space. I'm a stay at home mother ( who's children are now grown ) so I have plenty of scrap time. I try to limit my time with scrapbooking and during breaks clean at least one room completely before going back to the scrap table. Hubby also sells items on ebay , so he is always asking me have I scrapped anything for him to sell today. :) My daughters also do scrapbooks , and my oldest son has brought me albums, given me money for the LSS, and a subscription to CK for Mothers Day. I quess you can call it a family affair. We do have days when we are doing other things together so I have learned how to balance my time for scrappin with my family time.

I have a friend who scraps at night after hubby and family go to bed. Sometimes until two in the morning ! The problem with that is that she works full time at a medical facility and has small children that require a lot of her time. Her husband does say something to her every once in a while , but he knows she loves this hobby and would never ask her to give it up.

my hubby only gets frustrated when I sit in the middle of a messy house and scrap away obliviously. :)

Otherwise, he's a lamb, although he has started trying to keep better track of how much this is costing!:earseek:

Beansmom,
I try not to even think about how much I have spent! :o Thank goodness hubby actually spends more than me on my supplies or I would be really in trouble. I figure since he buys it he can only blame himself. :p

Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

cyndi

OMG, we must be married to the same guy!!! I can go for the half-price paper, stickers, etc...and sure enough, a minute later here comes hubby up the aisle with some new gadget! Then we have to argue in hushed whispers why I'm NOT buying it today.

Then he pouts while I pick out the rest of my stuff and within two weeks, he drags the first item home anyway.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to go to the GASC friday!

cyndi

OMG, we must be married to the same guy!!! I can go for the half-price paper, stickers, etc...and sure enough, a minute later here comes hubby up the aisle with some new gadget! Then we have to argue in hushed whispers why I'm NOT buying it today.

Then he pouts while I pick out the rest of my stuff and within two weeks, he drags the first item home anyway.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to go to the GASC friday!

Oh, and as for how much I've spent...I could probably send my dd to Juilliard on the money. My sis's wedding album is costing me a fortune but in the end it will be 'priceless.' (Is anybody besides me getting sick of that word because of tv??)

Aurora19 I know what you mean . I'd move it too . LOL But we got to love them ( just not when were scrappin) My husband is usually good. I posted this question. because the posts have been sort of boring these last few days. I wanted to spice it up alittle.

Well DH KNOWS I hate to clean anyway, but that doesn't stop him from an occasional grumble about what did I do all weekend, scrap instead of sweeping up the dog hair? Hey, its spring the dog is shedding. :rolleyes:

Usually I scrap when he is at work, only rarely when he is around. And I now have a separate work room where I can close the door on my scrapping, sewing, or whatever project is front and center.

I am developing allies in my kids though. They are learning that if they help me get a few things done early in the day and then let me disappear into my work room they are pretty free to do what they want without a great deal of interference! They are 13 & 15 so it isn't too big a deal!

Deb

rvoto - glad you got my joke - I thought I would spice things up too... My DH is usually respects my "hobby" (perhaps obsession is a better description). I just had to express what can sometimes happen in my crazy house.

My dh seems to be OK with it, for now anyway. He gets aggravated when I want to keep showing him (and everybody else) my newly completed pages though.

However, my ds4 has complained about me scrapping. He knows how to push my buttons! One evening, after spending all day with the kids, plus we had an enjoyable half hour together while I scrapped and he stamped, he got up from the table and two minutes later said "All you do all day long is work on that scrapbook. You need to spend time with me!" :rolleyes:

My husband definitely supports my scrappin habit! He is always looking at my books admiring the pages...He actually has told me before that he wished his 1st wife did this stuff, because he doesn't have too many pictures of his older kids (My stepchildren, the youngest one of 4 is in the 9th grade this year) He is always showing other people what I do, so I know he is proud of the pages...

It was funny though because this morning, I was showing him a page I did for Wilderness Lodge and he said, "Home come there are only 6 pictures on 2 pages??":p :p He doesn't understand that I hate to have crowded pages I guess? LOL

My hubby is very supportive - particularly when I show him that my CTMH business is paying for treats for us.

He does tend to ask me why he sees me unpacking bags and boxes of scrapbooking supplies, but he doesn't see any scrapbooks.

I told him that I'm going to GASC this weekend so I can finally get some scrapbooking done - I'm sure he knows that I'm really going to shop some more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter