• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you ask why the last day is being deleted instead of the party day FP+?
I think someone already said the system didn't differentiate between the tickets at the time the FPs were booked. That's why it allowed the FPs to be booked. Now it does differentiate, but the FPs were already in there. Now it just seems to know something shouldn't be in there, but since it was probably the old coding that allowed it, the new coding doesn't automatically pick up what the issue is.

At this point I don't think the Whys matter. It is what it is... Ugh, I hate that saying. This is the first time in my life that I used it. It really seems to apply here. LOL.

I understand but I want to hear the reasoning from a Disney rep because they are acting like the party day FP+ are being deleted.

I understand but I want to hear the reasoning from a Disney rep because they are acting like the party day FP+ are being deleted.

Okay, well I was typing my question to them and I'm having a hard time wording it because I feel like I know the answer. LOL.

I also don't know how to word it because I don't know the process of picking FPs for the party tickets and the theme park tickets with the FastPass+ system. I don't have any yet because I'm doing the MVMCCP and FPs haven't opened up for that time frame yet.

Did the system allow you to choose the FPs specifically for the date you want for each of the 3 FPs, including the party date? Like was your party ticket specifically used to pick the dates for those FPs? I don't think that's the case. I think from what I have read you just pick the 3 FPs for the dates you want and each TICKET day is NOT specifically attached to one date.

Yeah, I don't mind emailing them, but I'm not emailing them if I don't know what I'm talking about. LOL.

I can't read any more of this thread it is making my head spin so I remember back in the day all you needed was the evet ticket to attend the event that is why no entry before 4 if I had a MK on top of event ticket then I could have entered before 4

Last edited:
Okay, well I was typing my question to them and I'm having a hard time wording it because I feel like I know the answer. LOL.

I also don't know how to word it because I don't know the process of picking FPs for the party tickets and the theme park tickets with the FastPass+ system. I don't have any yet because I'm doing the MVMCCP and FPs haven't opened up for that time frame yet.

Did the system allow you to choose the FPs specifically for the date you want for each of the 3 FPs, including the party date? Like was your party ticket specifically used to pick the dates for those FPs? I don't think that's the case. I think from what I have read you just pick the 3 FPs for the dates you want and each TICKET day is NOT specifically attached to one date.

Yeah, I don't mind emailing them, but I'm not emailing them if I don't know what I'm talking about. LOL.

You don't pick what ticket you are using when you book your fast pass. You just go to the FP+ booking section of the app or website and then it sees you have tickets, hotel reservation, etc and lets you book based on that. The system has been seeing party tickets as an extra day even though Disney is now saying they aren't valid for FP+. So people who have say a 4 day 1 park ticket and a MNSSHP ticket were being allowed to book 5 days because the system saw 5 admissions and that the MNSSHP was a valid admission for MK on their party day. Now they are telling people they don't have enough days so they are going to cancel the last day unless you delete a day yourself. So there is some break down in the operational change and the IT change where MNSSHP tickets are still being recognized for FP+ when it appears they should not. Nothing you do mkaes you pick a ticket specifically.

So are all the fast passes that are booked on just a Halloween party ticket going to be cancelled?
I don't think anyone who has just a party ticket has had theirs canceled.

The thing is, even if they aren't canceled, but the system does not recognize the FPs once you're in the park, there's the risk when you go to use them it will lock your MDE account.

Some people don't seem worried since they set up a separate MDE account just for the party tickets, so if account is locked after they've already entered the park they may feel it's not a big deal since they will already have entered. Except when you go to get your wristband at 6pm when they are shooing out non-party ticket guests and the CM scans your MB what will happen? You'll have the "Go to Guest Services" nightmare just at the height of the night.

You don't pick what ticket you are using when you book your fast pass. You just go to the FP+ booking section of the app or website and then it sees you have tickets, hotel reservation, etc and lets you book based on that. The system has been seeing party tickets as an extra day even though Disney is now saying they aren't valid for FP+. So people who have say a 4 day 1 park ticket and a MNSSHP ticket were being allowed to book 5 days because the system saw 5 admissions and that the MNSSHP was a valid admission for MK on their party day. Now they are telling people they don't have enough days so they are going to cancel the last day unless you delete a day yourself. So there is some break down in the operational change and the IT change where MNSSHP tickets are still being recognized for FP+ when it appears they should not. Nothing you do mkaes you pick a ticket specifically.
Thanks. That's exactly what I thought. So I won't be emailing them back, since and my question would just make me look like an idiot. LOL. Plus, I think we already know the answer. And asking isn't going to get anyone more FPs.

Sorry to those that wanted me to ask. :(

True, but at the same time I'm not sure most party guests who aren't on DIS are aware they could have done FPs before 7pm and entered at 4pm. Unfortunately, since they don't come here we really can't know.

Plus party guests are getting emails stating they have too many FPs and/or their FPs are just being removed, so it's more than just online leaks. They till may contact Disney to inquire. I think more CMs are being advised on the proper response as the days go on and more people inquire.

I agree - the vast majority of people who will be attending the parties are not reading this forum. But a good number of them are googling MNSSHP and finding some very popular blog sites that are still saying you can enter at 4:00 and make FP+ before the party starts. And if the system allows them to book those FP+, they wouldn't have any reason to question that.

While this issue we are discussing may seem to be connected to additional FP+ entitlements that folks have made with their MNSSHP tickets, it seems like this solution (i.e., the deletion of FP+'s) is not. Based on all we have seen so far, I think the following scenario is likely;

- Folks buy 2017 MNSSHP tickets, and make FP+ selections, based primarily on prior practice. (A practice which may soon become verboten, if I read my tea leaves correctly. ) This results in many folks having FP+'s for an x+1 amount of days on their MYW's tickets.

- Something in MDE flags these folks as violating the FP+ policy. To be clear, there are too many possibilities, and not enough data to understand exactly why these entitlements were flagged. It is mostly speculation. (And is the original intent of this thread.)

- Folks are now receiving warning notices that the latest day's FP+'s are to be cancelled. Based on the text of these notices, it is logical to assume the process generating the flag does not seem to tied in directly to anyone's MNSSHP tickets, or recognize MNSSHP tickets as a valid theme park admission that is entitled to FP+.

- While the last day's FP+ cancellation may seem arbitrary, the process generating the flag cannot know ahead of time which park will be accessed on a particular day. Since I am assuming that the process generating the flag does not recognize MNSSHP tickets, then it must pick one of the day's to cancel, and is likely programmed to pick the latest day.

Given all this, we still don't know if it is against policy to make and use FP+'s at MNSSHP.

One question we can answer today is if folks can still use their MNSSHP tickets to hold FP+'s for an x+1 amount of days on their MYW's tickets. If someone can confirm that they can do this, we will have that answer about making.

When the party dates roll around, and we have reports from the field, then we will know about using.

Last edited:
I agree - the vast majority of people who will be attending the parties are not reading this forum. But a good number of them are googling MNSSHP and finding some very popular blog sites that are still saying you can enter at 4:00 and make FP+ before the party starts. And if the system allows them to book those FP+, they wouldn't have any reason to question that.
Aside from Disney World website itself... I found this site comes up first under MNSSHP and 7th under Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.

Unfortunately, although the Official MNSSHP post states this:
"Welcome to the "Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Thread, where you will get THE most updated information for all of your Halloween needs! Most of this information is from last year's party. However, I will update the thread as new information is released"

It still states this:
Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?
  • No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 7 p.m. start of the party. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins. The good news is that most attraction lines will be short enough during the party that you won’t miss FP+ reservations much.

You have to read over 200 pages in to find out there is an update.

Last edited:
Until the FPs get deleted and/or they get the dreaded email. Then they will have to deal with CMs to find out what is going on. :scared:

While this issue we are discussing may seem to be connected to additional FP+ entitlements that folks have made with their MNSSHP tickets, it seems like this solution (i.e., the deletion of FP+'s) is not. Based on all we have seen so far, I think the following scenario is likely;

- Folks buy 2017 MNSSHP tickets, and make FP+ selections, based primarily on prior practice. (A practice which may soon become verboten, if I read my tea leaves correctly. ) This results in many folks having FP+'s for an x+1 amount of days on their MYE's tickets.

- Something in MDE flags these folks as violating the FP+ policy. To be clear, there are too many possibilities, and not enough data to understand exactly why these entitlements were flagged. It is mostly speculation. (And is the original intent of this thread.)

- Folks are now receiving warning notices that the latest day's FP+'s are to be cancelled. Based on the text of these notices, it is logical to assume the process generating the flag does not seem to tied in directly to anyone's MNSSHP tickets, or recognize MNSSHP tickets as a valid theme park admission that is entitled to FP+.

- While the last day's FP+ cancellation may seem arbitrary, the process generating the flag cannot know ahead of time which park will be accessed on a particular day. Since I am assuming that the process generating the flag does not recognize MNSSHP tickets, then it must pick one of the day's to cancel, and is likely programmed to pick the latest day.

Given all this, we still don't know if it is against policy to make and use FP+'s at MNSSHP.

One question we can answer today is if folks can still use their MNSSHP tickets to hold FP+'s for an x+1 amount of days on their MYE's tickets. If someone can confirm that they can do this, we will have that answer about making.

When the party dates roll around, and we have reports from the field, then we will know about using.
At the risk of sounding like the idiot I claim I'm not, what does MYE stand for? I'm still learning the DIS lingo. :blush:

It's not you, it's a typo. Should be MYW tickets = Magic Your Way. :)
Okay, I thought so, but it was more than once, so I assumed it was MYE. Plus, I was googling DISboards MYE and a few results even came up! I clicked on them, but no explanation I could find. LOL.

THANK YOU!

I guess I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Also it has always been that once you are in you can ride the rides so that is nothing new.

Hmmm, as @hiroMYhero states "your email is not official" has me wondering about your response, it wasn't written by a department head just another CM and from the same department mine came from. Why are we being told different things from the same department?

One question we can answer today is if folks can still use their MNSSHP tickets to hold FP+'s for an x+1 amount of days on their MYW's tickets. If someone can confirm that they can do this, we will have that answer about making.

To those of you who have your MYW tickets and Party tickets in the same MDE, and have had your FPs deleted by Disney, or have deleted them yourself due to an email, we ask: Can you NOW try to add a day of FPs to your MDE? Does the system stop you? If so, what message do you receive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter