Who has done a Cat 11? How was it?

Gretel

I like being ME
We have cruised before, and went with a Cat 5 and once a 3. We want to save money this time (ha ha) and possibly do a cat 11. the bathroom is no big deal, but do you think we would freak without the verandah? Any opinions would be appreciated!

We have ONLY been in Cat. 11. We don't spend much time in our rooms anyway. The only 'problem' I have is knowning when it is morning (since there is no light). But we set an alarm for when we want to get up. Actually, the 'no light' thing is good if you want to take a nap during the day.

If money was never an issue with us, sure I wouldn't object to a bigger room. But we love the cruise and when we want to sit and relax we go to deck 4 and find a nice chair in the shade!

DJ

We have done a cat. 11 and 10 and liked the extra bathroom as we have 2 kids. Many of the cat 11 have better locations than the high priced cat. 10.

The best deal of course is to get a deck 5 cat. 10 and get the secret porthole at no extra cost. We have done that twice. You need to book way in advance as there are only six such cabins and they go quick.

Lou

When are you thinking of cruising again?

Did you get to use your $99 cruise? We're going Dec 19. We're also booked again on the May 17 Magic. We'd love to have you join us!

We loved our Cat. 11 so much that we tried to book the same room for our upcoming cruise, but it was already taken. We'll be right next door.

We've never had a verandah--if I want to see what's going on I can always go on deck and take a look!

Beth

We had a cat 11 and loved it. We were sooo surprised by the amout of room. I had expected a glorified closet. I also thought that the furniture and such would be of lesser quality. We were very pleased. We also do not spend much time in the room.

IrishCowboy we will also be on the Dec 19th cruise using our $99 cert. :bounce:

Gretel-
Thanks for asking this question; we're in the same boat as you! We have twice cruised in a category 6, but have a cat. 11 currently on hold for May, room #6111 to be specific. We have until next Wednesday to send in our down payment. We are trying to fit in an extra weekend trip so we don't really want to spend much. I'll be watching your post closely!:earsboy:

Wow, am I ever relieved to hear so many positive remarks about cat. 11!! I am sailing on Oct. 31, and am in a cat. 11! I have not been worried about the room because I figure we will just be in there to sleep, but it is great to hear they are nice! :p

BethC1952 - could I ask you what room you love so much you wanted to book again!? I am in 6067!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Kim

Hey Kim...just wanted to let you know that we are in room 6547...right down the hall on the other side...Barbara

Before we learned about the secret porthole rooms, we used to do Cat. 11s all the time. Although I prefer a verandah, we cruise so much that we have to save money somehow! Even though Cat. 10s have the split bathrooms, to me it wasn't worth the risk of being under something noisy on deck 2. But after finding out about the SPRs on Deck 5, we made the switch. The Cat. 11s we stayed in were nice and cozy and in good locations on deck 7 and 6. Disney's staterooms are bigger than the industry average anyway, so even Cat. 11s are not cramped.
Barb
Visit the Platinum castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

To Kimber79:

We were in 6083. We loved it because it's so close to the center of the ship, but still in a very quiet area. That room was taken for our December cruise, so we're going into 6085 instead (right next door). It should be just as quiet.

We liked the fact that it wasn't too far to walk up the stairs to the decks 9 and 10 (where we spent a lot of time), and down to the restaurants and lounges. We ate so much (DH gained 12 pounds on our 10 day trip!) that the stairs were great exercise!

Beth

We are still debating between a Cat 11, or a 6. My husband really enjoys the verandah, and since he is an early riser and the women in the family are not, he like to sit out there in the early morning hours.

IrishCowboy:

Hi Bill!
We are thinking of Jan 18th, Caitlin and Emilee only have three days of school that week. We never did get to use our $99 vouchers. May sounds wonderful, but Emilee is smack in the middle of dance competion/recital at that time. Maybe some day we can sail together again, Emilee really enjoyed Autumns friendship.

We have always had a cat. 6, but last spring took last min. 3 nite cruise and were in a level 10. Of course no verandah, but actually room size seemed about the same as cat.6. Going on 4 nite in March and fate has already decided our cabin choice - wanted 6 or 10. No 6's left for 4 people on date we chose. Calling tomorrow and getting us into a cat. 10.

We had a Cat. 6 on our first cruise, 3 nites, and a Cat. 10 on a week long. We spent so little time in the cabin that we didn't miss the balcony, but it seemed as though there was a lot more room for clothing storage in the Cat. 6. There was an extra piece of furniture, something like a trunk on end, that we did not have in the 10. And for 2 adults and 2 kids, we need the extra shelf space. Our cruise next month is in a Cat. 8, which will have a window AND the extra storage.

Karen
Wonder 11/01
Magic 3/02
Magic 11/02

P.S. We were waitlisted on our first cruise for a Category 6, and got it. Maybe you can book a 10 (to make sure you can sail) and wait for a 6 to become available?

Hi, We had the cat. 6 verandah rooms on our first two cruises and I didn't really like how the bed stuck out in the aisle and you had to walk around it to get to the living area and verandah. We also like it really dark when we sleep, and on our cruise, we like to sleep late in the dark! so, we tried the cat. 11, also on deck 6, and loved it on our last cruise. we have cat. 11 again this december. We like how the bed is in the back and living area up front and it is really dark which helps us sleep. barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter