Who has brought a 7 month old to disney?

We brought my son when he was 6 months old. He was far easier than his 3 year old sister!! I found him to be the perfect age. He sleep in the sling or stroller, nursed when he was hungry and happily people watched when he was awake. I was able to bring him on many rides sitting in my lap. It was a wonderful experience overall!

My daughter turns 13 months tomorrow and she's already a Disney veteran. We took her when she was 3 months, 8 months and 11 months - it was great. Each trip was a little different than the next but all of them were unforgettable! The first time we overpacked and learned what works best. At this age it will be pretty easy - since they are not mobile, easy to keep an eye on in the stroller.

just came back frm a week there with our five month old. she travelled well and dealt with the hustle and bustle. take it slow, really slow, youre on the babys schedule, not yours for this trip.

we prepped our bigger two and told them were on nats schedule and will get done what we can and if we cant you know we will be back for xmas. we still did a lot and came home tired each day, but we tried new things. weve done a lot in the parks over our visits, so we picked a few key things and did them.

we arrived jan 30th and the day was so hot, so that was hard for nursing, she and i stuck to each other and it was gross. i will reccomend using the baby care centres in each of the parks, theyre a great quiet place for some down time and changing time. we only ended up using the hs one, but it was a great thing for us when i needed to do diaper changes.

def meet some characters and use photopass to capture that. i didnt get the shot of nat eating mickeys nose, but they did!

amberg@eastlink.ca said:
just came back frm a week there with our five month old. she travelled well and dealt with the hustle and bustle. take it slow, really slow, youre on the babys schedule, not yours for this trip.

we prepped our bigger two and told them were on nats schedule and will get done what we can and if we cant you know we will be back for xmas.

def meet some characters and use photopass to capture that. i didnt get the shot of nat eating mickeys nose, but they did!

I will never understand this 'on baby's schedule' business especially with a 6 month old...maybe I just had flexible babies, but they can do their thing anywhere - sleep in a stroller, on a shoulder, whatever....and I could nurse or give a bottle when needed but those things didn't interrupt my schedule much... ??? Most of the time I changed diapers at my convenience etc....

I think that the 'baby's schedule' factor is much bigger at 1-2 years of age than 6-7months!

In other discussions - I also have those pictures from photopass of both my baby's at their first trip kissing mickeys nose....makes me want to wipe it with a Clorox wipe or something before hand! Cause everyone is doing it! Ha! My babies were in on the kissing with no ill effects but your mileage may vary!

cel_disney said:
I will never understand this 'on baby's schedule' business especially with a 6 month old...maybe I just had flexible babies, but they can do their thing anywhere - sleep in a stroller, on a shoulder, whatever....and I could nurse or give a bottle when needed but those things didn't interrupt my schedule much... ??? Most of the time I changed diapers at my convenience etc....

I think that the 'baby's schedule' factor is much bigger at 1-2 years of age than 6-7months!

In other discussions - I also have those pictures from photopass of both my baby's at their first trip kissing mickeys nose....makes me want to wipe it with a Clorox wipe or something before hand! Cause everyone is doing it! Ha! My babies were in on the kissing with no ill effects but your mileage may vary!

Not all babies just fall asleep anywhere, and some babies need quiet time to nurse or feed; therefore, if parent insists on watching a noisy parade or fireworks during that time, it may prevent baby from staying on his/her schedule. This is why the Baby Care Centers are such a great addition at the parks.

As for kissing Mickey's nose, too many germs for that! LOL!

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not all babies just fall asleep anywhere, and some babies need quiet time to nurse or feed; therefore, if parent insists on watching a noisy parade or fireworks during that time, it may prevent baby from staying on his/her schedule. This is why the Baby Care Centers are such a great addition at the parks.

As for kissing Mickey's nose, too many germs for that! LOL!

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

what i meant was our older two are used to going gangbusters from 9 am till we drag them out of a park. that is way too hard for a five month old so they were preppedfor that. they also knew when she needed to feed or be changed we'd be stopping. i have a cell but hubbys is work issued and the can govt isnt about to pay for his roaming and while ive lost hubby in the madness of disney before and found him, i wasnt going to do that again.

tigers also correct, i have an active girly who got teeth at 4 months and bit me promptly after they came up that am. while she doesnt need silence to nurse i do need a quiet area away from most distractions to save them from being bitten again and to make sure she gets a good feed in.

amberg@eastlink.ca said:
what i meant was our older two are used to going gangbusters from 9 am till we drag them out of a park. that is way too hard for a five month old so they were preppedfor that. they also knew when she needed to feed or be changed we'd be stopping. i have a cell but hubbys is work issued and the can govt isnt about to pay for his roaming and while ive lost hubby in the madness of disney before and found him, i wasnt going to do that again.

tigers also correct, i have an active girly who got teeth at 4 months and bit me promptly after they came up that am. while she doesnt need silence to nurse i do need a quiet area away from most distractions to save them from being bitten again and to make sure she gets a good feed in.

We had no problem on the days we left our room at 9am and didn't come back until after fireworks with no ill effects with a 4.5month old and a 4.5year old. So, saying its 'not going to happen' is not necessarily true....my baby had been in daycare for 2 months by then so was used to the hustle and bustle of a busy day and knew life as nothing but noisy so maybe that was a factor....during the week at WDW - she nursed during dinner and a dance party at cosmic rays, on the space ship earth ride, slept thru LMA! and had a bottle while in line for toy story mania - she didn't complain once...the baby care centers were great when I needed something heated up or we lost a binki or needed a diaper or if we were near them, but I found in most cases it was too long of a walk back to them and just as easy to change her in the bathrooms or find a place (even quiet places) to nurse...

I had these great nursing tanks that I bought at target of all places that really made this all possible because it allowed me to really stay covered enough to nurse in public without any issue...

It was a high of 50 or so and mostly in the 30s-40s during this trip which may have been a factor as well - we did not have the heat to contend with...I think that would change things....

Thanks for all the great replies. If we pass rofr then we are going to take our 7 month old in late Jan. You talked my wife into it.

I would wait and see what kind of baby you have. I had the easiest babies ever slept in the stroller, carrier, restaurants, during fireworks. DS#1 went at 3, 5, 10 months with ease. Ds#2 went to Aulani and DLR at 7 months. But not all babies are like that. It is totally doable but I would see what your babies temperment is before booking or be prepared to cancel and move it to a later time.

My son was 5 months old his first trip. My baby was 3 months last year when we visited. It was super easy both times!
Used the Baby Care Stations when needed. Nursed on rides and in less populated areas of parks. Never had an issue.

We are in the middle of ROFR but if we pass we will have 150 points that expire on Feb 28 2014. We will have a 7 month old as of Feb. Has anyone here ever brought a small baby on vacation? The vacation would be obviously for us but we were wondering how your vacation went and was it worth it. Love to here your stories. Thanks

We are DVC members with twins, now 3.5. They went for the first time at 3m and have been at six months, a year, year and half, etc, etc. Things were really easy until they got mobile, so you should have a good run of it.

We always packed a change of clothes, food, drink, etc for them. They easily ate on the run. Baby swap worked really well--slowed us down a bit, but that's fine. They napped in the stroller mostly. We maintained their bedtime routine. No late nights for us.

The first few nights of any trip have always been hard, while the twins settle into their new surroundings. We expect it now.

Carried lots of finger food for use at restaurants, although by 7m they were picking a small bits of our food.

Air travel was easy. They slept.

ozzie2131 said:
We are in the middle of ROFR but if we pass we will have 150 points that expire on Feb 28 2014. We will have a 7 month old as of Feb. Has anyone here ever brought a small baby on vacation? The vacation would be obviously for us but we were wondering how your vacation went and was it worth it. Love to here your stories. Thanks

I took my 3-month old (along with 4 and 7-yr old sibs) to Disneyland. We did this sort of out of necessity, as we had to travel from Ohio to California for a special family event and won't be out there too often. I have to say, honestly, it was a pleasure. A baby is so portable, and they can map absolutely anywhere. We had the best time. Yes, baby slept quite a bit, but she also had times where she was wide-eyed looking at the colors and actions around her. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We took our baby at Thanksgiving when he was 6 1/2 months old. We used a baby's best friend to rent a full-size crib the crib worked out great. This is a great age to take them because you don't have to worry about potty breaks Plus they don't walk yet so they just get pushed around in the stroller. That way you don't have to worry about them wandering off. The parks have great baby centers too. Be sure to take advantage of those for diaper changes instead of the normal restrooms. Only downside is the baby tends to get up early and get you up early. So there were very few late nights on that trip. But it was still a great trip and we would do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter