Who has been in early October?

freckles04

DIS Veteran
I see lots of reviews about September trips and late October trips. Can anyone tell me what early October is like? Our dates are 10/5-10/13. I'm interested to know typical/historical crowd levels, but mainly I'm interested in the weather. Is this a rainy time? Is it super hot, or is it starting to cool down a tiny bit?

If it helps any, I have been to WDW in May (years ago) and recently early August, so that is all I can compare crowds and weather to.

Our dates are set in stone. I'm just wondering what to expect. :) and kinda wondering if I need to pack a few pairs of jeans and a light jacket in case it's cool in the evenings... or if that's silly, because it'll still be plenty warm...

I appreciate getting to hear about your experience!

I see lots of reviews about September trips and late October trips. Can anyone tell me what early October is like? Our dates are 10/5-10/13. I'm interested to know typical/historical crowd levels, but mainly I'm interested in the weather. Is this a rainy time? Is it super hot, or is it starting to cool down a tiny bit?

If it helps any, I have been to WDW in May (years ago) and recently early August, so that is all I can compare crowds and weather to.

Our dates are set in stone. I'm just wondering what to expect. :) and kinda wondering if I need to pack a few pairs of jeans and a light jacket in case it's cool in the evenings... or if that's silly, because it'll still be plenty warm...

We will be there on the same dates. This will be our first October trip as well so I'm interested to hear informed replies.

We were there last October 10 - 17... It was hot the whole week! I'm used to going in the fall and we expected temperatures to drop at night where we'd need a light sweatshirt or jacket. Sometimes 9pm was hotter than the daytime hours... I can't remember the exact temperatures but it wasn't like middle of the summer hot and humid, but it was very warm.

I wore shorts and tank tops all day everyday.

Forgot to mention that crowd levels weren't bad at all... We never waited too long for anything.. Maybe 30 minutes for RnRC but the rest were 20 or under, or we used FP's.

Its a good time to go, crowds and temps like May. T's and shorts is all you need. Rain, some, rains hard for a hour and gone. MNSHP decor about and a lot of fun you will have a ball.

That is a GREAT week for Disney. We go every year during my daughter's fall break so it varies but is always in the month of Ocotober - we were there 3 or 4 years ago during that exact time and we had great weather. It was warm during the day but not summertime warm and it would be really nice in the evenings. We only had rain 2 times during that trip one time was for about 15 minutes during the day and another time was for about an hour but it was really late at night and were in bed. The crowd levels are great at that time also - it is one time favorite times to go.

We were there the first week of October in 07. Crowds were lower than May, but not as low as February. We had a week that had rain every day, but we just made the best of it. I even suited up in complete rain gear on one day and went to the park solo in a downpour. I felt like a little kid skipping thru the big puddles on my way to Pirates.
Have a great trip!

Our wedding was in October and our Honeymoon was our first trip to Disney.

but since them with the kids we have ALWAYS gone early Oct with the exception of once when we went early Sept.

Oct weather is not really rainy, but it may not be swimming weather either. Thats what happened in 2011 our last trip. I love swimming so I was kind of dissapointed when the weather wasnt quite hot enough. I actually liked the Early September weather which averaged about 85 degrees with a couple of 8o degree days AND a couple of 90 degree days. Early October can be like that too. The one issue is that it may be Hurricane season at that time too. Sept and Oct is when alot of tropical storms come in from the ocean. But if it isnt a tropical storm, then you shouldnt get much rain. I would definetly do another Early Oct vaca. Unfortunately or fortunately we are going in August this year, so it should definitely be hot enough to swim.

Oct is usually nice but this past October (we went the 1st week) was HOT and humid!

We went early Oct 2009 and just about melted! It was so humid- we felt drenched the moment we stepped out of the hotel every morning. We're going again this year during that time (just me and my husband this time!), and I'm hoping it's cooler than it was in 2009.
We've also been in November, December, January and March- so October was the hottest we'd experienced. We live in Texas, though, so we should be used to the heat. But, the humidity was definitely higher than we were used to.

We went in the first week of October '08 and it was great. Not too hot, not too humid, no waits longer than 25-30 minutes (we did use FP.) It was still warm enough to swim, and the Halloween decorations were up. It's a great time of year to go. :cool1:

We love October! We were there last October 1-8. The weather was nice - not too hot, but definitely shorts, t-shirts and swimming weather. We had two rain storms. One, was a typical Florida soaking whilst we were enjoying the Food & Wine fesitval - no big deal, we pulled out our slickers and found an umbrella and hung out and had cocktails until it blew over (about 45 minutes).

One night was torrential - it ruined the MNSSHP for us, but Disney was offering refunds. It rained pretty much non-stop from 3:30 pm till well after midnight - and by rain, I mean in POURED!

The crowd level was perfect. I think the logest wait we had for anything was 20 minutes. Epcot was definitey packed on the weekends due to the F&W festival, but during the week it was very manageable.

We've been in every week in October. Your week should still be very warm, but October weather can be all over the place with no warning. not much rain, but cool temps can sneak up on you, so be prepared for anything. The crowds will be moderate, not as light as they used to be, though. With so many schools going to a balanced schedule, many have Fall Break that week.

One of our favorite times... Still prefer the end of Sept but you asked.... Weather is about the same as Sept, maybe a few degrees cooler, but not much...

Rains about every day around 3 pm, cloud burst shower for about an hour.... Can be raining at your resort and not at a park... sun comes out and returns everything back to hot and dry!

Crowds, well that's too subjective of a subject... Lets say, before promotions and free dining... October was a slow time, thin crowds but Disney has put offers out to fill the resorts and parks... It's way more crowded then before but less then holiday times....

One negative of this time slot, parks ( MK) does close early many days due to MNSSHP, which requires an extra admission... So on those nights, plan on another park for the evening... Kind of a bummer, but its getting to be too many party nights anymore...

Hope this helps, it's our view of October!

We went last year from October 8-14th. It was beautiful. It did get hot in the afternoons, so we got to each park by rope drop. The crowds we very manageable. I think our longest wait time without a Fast Pass was 20 minutes, but most were significantly shorter. This year we're going October 11-20th....hoping for the same results :cheer2:

Thanks all! I'm hoping for a little less crowds because there are no predicted discounts or pin codes or free dining, etc. for my dates, as far as I can tell. That may change soon. But you are right about fall break... that is why I chose this set of dates, and I'm sure a lot of others have done the same!

It will surely be better than early August, I'm thinking. It was super crowded and melting hot, but we still had an amazing trip.

We've been in every week in October. Your week should still be very warm, but October weather can be all over the place with no warning. not much rain, but cool temps can sneak up on you, so be prepared for anything. The crowds will be moderate, not as light as they used to be, though. With so many schools going to a balanced schedule, many have Fall Break that week.

DITTO. Crowds were much heavier than I was expecting and it was also hotter than I was expecting (and I go every year in August!)

We love October! We were there last October 1-8. The weather was nice - not too hot, but definitely shorts, t-shirts and swimming weather. We had two rain storms. One, was a typical Florida soaking whilst we were enjoying the Food & Wine fesitval - no big deal, we pulled out our slickers and found an umbrella and hung out and had cocktails until it blew over (about 45 minutes).

One night was torrential - it ruined the MNSSHP for us, but Disney was offering refunds. It rained pretty much non-stop from 3:30 pm till well after midnight - and by rain, I mean in POURED!

We were there that same Thursday night MNSSHP last year! Miserable wet humid night , but we were given tickets for the party the next night. Props to Disney for that!

We go every first week in October for Fall break. Last year and 2009 were non stop hot and humid. Other years were very pleasant . Crowds are generally good, just stay away from Food and Wine on weekends and nights...

The crowd level was perfect. I think the logest wait we had for anything was 20 minutes. Epcot was definitey packed on the weekends due to the F&W festival, but during the week it was very manageable.

We were there that same Thursday night MNSSHP last year! Miserable wet humid night , but we were given tickets for the party the next night. Props to Disney for that!

We go every first week in October for Fall break. Last year and 2009 were non stop hot and humid. Other years were very pleasant . Crowds are generally good, just stay away from Food and Wine on weekends and nights...

We love Oct. We have always had great weather. but in 09 it went from the hottest oct ever to the coldest. So make sure you have a pair of jeans & a sweatshirt. Also when the cold snap hit the shops where sold out of most sweatshirts.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter