• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has a sticker maker and do you feel it is worth it?

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
I keep looking at them! and wonder if it will work and be worth it. At our LSS she showed me how it works and the sticker was great! It would be so nice to use with punchies and some many other stuff, die cuts, velum...
If you do have one which size? did you get the smallest one or wish you had the bigger one?

I have the xyron 500. I really like it. It works really well for vellum and for punchies and die cuts and things. If I was able to re-do it, I'd probably by the 850 or the 900 (I think this is a new one coming out). The 500 works for most things, but there always seems to be a die cut or something that is just a bit too wide.

JenC

I have the 150 which is only about 1 or 2 inches wide. It works pretty well, and my daughter loves using it to make stickers.

before I bought it I had no interest in a larger one, but now that I have used it I would quite like the bigger one which can also laminate. The 150 was not very expensive, so it's a good initial purchase if you are not sure if you will like the product.

I should add, I like it a lot better since I swapped to the repositionable adhesive - it's a great adhesive, it moves easily and doesn't leave any dots behind like the hermafix does.

Bev

I have the Xyron 850 and the little "x"-shaped sticker maker. I like them both, use them about equally. I love to use vellum, and the Xyron adhesive is pretty much invisible on it, so that's the main thing I use it for: adhering vellum to pages. I only buy refills with coupons.

The only thing I don't like is how the adhesive gums up the edges of whatever you've put through it. I have to use an adhesive pick-up square to keep hairs & lint from sticking to the edges of my stuff or to keep the stuff from sticking to my page protectors.

I have the 500 and recently bought the 150 for punchies cuz I hate gluing them by hand. I do wish sometimes I had the 900 for large pieces of vellum since I haven't gotten into eyelets yet.

I find that my kids use the 500 as much as I do for school projects and crafting.

I never buy glue refills without the Michaels/AC Moore discount coupons.

I have the little one for my letters for titles etc. and the 850 for bigger items. I really use the smallest one (the one shaped like an X) the most, I tend to forget to use my bigger one!!lol!
I think it is a great purchase tho!

michelle

Thanks everyone! I think I am going to put that on my wish list! I may buy the x one first and then ask DH for one for Christmas. I would make life easier with the little punches and I like the idea for velumm!

Where did you buy your X one? I've been thinking about getting one of them, but wondered who has the best price? Do you remember what you paid? Thanks!

Marypoppins, I bought mine today from snap in a scrap. I was at an all day scrap. But I am sure you could get it at ACMoore or any craft store. I know our LSS had it too for $10. I think I still want the big one! But it is around $80 so that will have to be with a coupon!

I have the 150 (X) and the 510. I use them both lots and love them. I have heard that Wal-Mart is going to carry a 505 (exclusively) and also the refills. I had an 850 and traded it, didn't feel I used it enough. I use my X the most for all the small detail pieces and don't know how I lived without it.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter