• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who had a reception at home?

mmmsarah3

Mouseketeer
I plan on having a escape DFTW and then a reception at home after our honeymoon. If you have dont this how did you do it? Did you wear your dress again?

my at home reception is tomorrow! i'm not wearing my dress again. it's a very casual reception at a park, but i'm wearing a new sundress and probably my tiara :goodvibes

We had ours 6 weeks after the Disney wedding. We had about 100 guests and it was a casual party at a hall that Mom and I decorated. We had a DJ and a caterer. The food actually cost more than our intimate wedding!

I wore my dress and I was glad I did because everyone wanted to see me in it.

We had one about 3 weeks after the wedding. It was informal but we had the cake and everything-- I did not wear my dress. We had it catered by a local bar-b-q chain. We hired a DJ to play. It was great! We videotaped the wedding ourself and had it playing on a TV where everyone signed the book and had some photos laid out.

DH and I-- haha DH didnt know the photo was being taken
scan0001.jpg

Our at-home-reception cake
cakebyvivian.jpg

Cutting the cake
027_XA.jpg

We are having a reception a couple weeks after we get back from our wedding. It has actually turned into another full fledged wedding because we are getting our marriage blessed in the catholic church. I thought it would be something simple during mass, but it requires we go through the vows and ring exchange all over again. I will be wearing my wedding dress for this and then changing into the other party dress I have bought for our dessert reception to wear for the barbeque/dance. It is being held at my fiances parents farm so it will be very laid back.

We had our home receptions about 6 weeks after our DFTW. Yes, I did wear my dress again, have a caterer and a DJ and favors. We wanted our guest who couldn't make it to celebrate with us just as if is was our wedding. We projected our wedding video on the wall during dinner so everyone could see and set a table up with all kinds of pictures and made CD favors with all the music from the wedding.

P1010014.jpg

P1000937.jpg

P1000972.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

I plan on having a escape DFTW and then a reception at home after our honeymoon. If you have dont this how did you do it? Did you wear your dress again?

our home party is this coming saturday, we've hired a golf club and having a buffet, drinks and a disco.....

the best thing is I get to wear my dress again....

We thought it would be nice for photos with people that couldn't make the big day!

Our video and disney photos are now on DVD ready to share with our guests.

Can't wait!

We're having our home reception the week after we get back. I'll have to go back to work and won't have much prep time, but DF is off for the summer (he teaches middle school). We're having a luau at our house. We thought that would be a fun way to get a bunch of people together without it breaking the bank.

We had our reception about 2 weeks after our intimate wedding. It was great! We had a little over 100 guests. We all wore our wedding day attire again - except for my husband and our son. They originally wore cream tuxes in FL, it was mid-October in Indy - cream was out. They ended up wearing basic black suits and cream shirts/ties.

Reception was nice. We decorated the venue, rented a punch bowl fountain, had a DJ. Guests tables were decorated with pearl strands, roses, votives and pictures of our wedding day. Our cake was OUT OF THIS WORLD BEAUTIFUL AND YUMMY. Food was catered, had a champagne toast and all traditional dances. It was lovely and fun.

All guests rec'vd a cd of our favorite love songs.
I wanted to have our wedding video, but we used Stan from STVS and it takes about 6 -10 weeks to recieve. So that was out.

We had our reception about 2 weeks after our intimate wedding. It was great! We had a little over 100 guests. We all wore our wedding day attire again - except for my husband and our son. They originally wore cream tuxes in FL, it was mid-October in Indy - cream was out. They ended up wearing basic black suits and cream shirts/ties.

Reception was nice. We decorated the venue, rented a punch bowl fountain, had a DJ. Guests tables were decorated with pearl strands, roses, votives and pictures of our wedding day. Our cake was OUT OF THIS WORLD BEAUTIFUL AND YUMMY. Food was catered, had a champagne toast and all traditional dances. It was lovely and fun.

All guests rec'vd a cd of our favorite love songs.
I wanted to have our wedding video, but we used Stan from STVS and it takes about 6 -10 weeks to recieve. So that was out.

I'm glad to see the info about Stan. We are using him and purposedly scheduled our at home reception a little later, so we could have our pictures and video back in time. Our wedding is March 3 and our reception isn't until June 1, 2008.

We had an at home reception about 3 weeks after we returned from our wedding. There were about 350 people there and we did the whole formal sit down dinner and dance reception. We hired a photographer to take pics of us with our friends and family and he put together a slide show of our pics from Randy from the wedding to display during dinner. It worked out perfect b/c everyone who wasn't able to be there for our wedding, still got to see us all dressed up in our wedding attire and celebrate with us!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter