• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who got a lame April Fool's prank?

StrollPatrolMom

<font color=blue>I'm happy to amuse myself, carry
DH dropped my car at the shop this morning. There's been an ongoing issue plus I needed tires to pass inspection. I have told DH on many occasions its just my alignment....in fact I *may* know the exact moment the car was knocked out of alignment :rolleyes1 That curb on the island of the gas station jumped in front of me, I swear.

DH keeps saying its my sway bar or some other equally complicated and expensive problem I've never heard of...

so he called to tell me the garage had called and it was my sway bar and it was 2k to fix it :scared1:

I almost believed him til he went on to tell me the garage said they would release my car since driving with the problem was a liability issue.

Nice try.

my nephew called me and said .....auntie.....I threw up in papas chair....(his grandfather) I said oh no ...do you feel better.......and he said ...Papa will throw the chair out now.......ROFL..then he yelled April Fool day.

Then my niece called her mom and left a text message on her cell phone and said...mama I threw up on my teachers desk.......I think that one was priceless.....to funny

DH has a meeting tonight for his club. I'm changing his ring tone to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
Then we're going to have fun calling him!!!!

My mom, she's so cute, she called me and left a voicemail on my phone telling me that they got 10" of snow at their house and could I come over after work to help shovel. I live 20 minutes away. I HAD forgotten it was April Fools Day, but I still didn't buy it. Bless her heart. :goodvibes

My DM really got me good and I can't believe how stupid I was. My parents spend their winters in Florida. They are going home in a few weeks and will be stopping in here along the way.

So, this morning, the phone woke me out of a deep sleep. I run out to see who it is. My parents number IN FLORIDA comes on the caller ID. I answer the phone and my DM tells me that they are an hour away from my house, since they decided to come home early. I start to panic and try not to show it because the house needs to be cleaned and gotten ready for guests. Then she says, "April Fools".

Of course, as soon as I hung up, I realized just how dumb I was seeing as I clearly knew they were still in Florida before I picked up the phone. My excuse is I was sleepy.

My DM really got me good and I can't believe how stupid I was. My parents spend their winters in Florida. They are going home in a few weeks and will be stopping in here along the way.

So, this morning, the phone woke me out of a deep sleep. I run out to see who it is. My parents number IN FLORIDA comes on the caller ID. I answer the phone and my DM tells me that they are an hour away from my house, since they decided to come home early. I start to panic and try not to show it because the house needs to be cleaned and gotten ready for guests. Then she says, "April Fools".

Of course, as soon as I hung up, I realized just how dumb I was seeing as I clearly knew they were still in Florida before I picked up the phone. My excuse is I was sleepy.
LOL, that's cute! :laughing:

I teach 7th grade, and I didn't hear a single "April Fool's!" all day. I told a kid his shoe was untied (it actually was), and he said, "Yeah, right, Mrs. H." Then he proceeded to trip on his shoelace. So while I found it humorous, it wasn't really an April Fool!

I should call my mom and tell her I'm pregnant. :)

DH has a meeting tonight for his club. I'm changing his ring tone to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
Then we're going to have fun calling him!!!!

Oh how about "I Feel Like a Woman" !!!! Oh I love that I wish I thought of it this morning. I think I'll try it tomorrow and call him on the commuter bus in the morning! :rotfl2:

I pulled the red ring of death on the XBOX gag on dh. It's happened once to us in real life and it wasn't pretty. So he is steamed that it "happened" again:rotfl2:

Oh and I also got ds (he stayed home from school today as sick) I went into his room and told him he had to hurry and get dressed. I called the school and if he misses one more day he can't graduate(8th grade) So he is complaining running around trying to find clothes and I am :rotfl2: and before you think me a devil mom he wasn't that sick.

My older DD comes to me this AM in the middle of the morning rush of getting ready and says "Petey just hacked up a hairball in the kitchen." I said "Yeah, right, April Fools!" My younger DD was just entering the kitchen and started gagging. Needless to say, no pranks here. :sad1:

I work at the same high school my son attends. I get out before he does so I brought the spare set of keys to his car and when I got out (I get out before him) I moved his car to another lot! I even removed his Nightmare before Christmas antenna topper so it would be harder to find.
He thought for some reason it had been towed and called a friend to bring him home. For some reason they decided t drive through the lot and they ended up spotting it. :lmao: I'm waiting for some retaliation. ;)

I started a thread before I saw this one (I edited and added a link...oops lol)

Anyway, DH got me good this morning; he called me at work today and said our son (who is in college) managed to get himself suspended from the baseball team...yep, I fell for it hook line and sinker!!!

Last year I told my Mom that a small tidal wave had hit the boardwalk, took out a few shops, no fatalities, but she should turn on the news. Surprisingly she fell for it. :rotfl:

I posted that I had done this at work on another thread-but I printed out a sign on our apartment front(and only) door that said:

PLEASE

USE

OTHER

DOOR

---------->

no one knocked on my door...made for a very nice day off!!!!:rotfl2:

Happy April Fools!!!!

We didn't do a whole lot here. Part of our siding fell off last week and we got an estimate to get it fixed. DH came in and told me it would be $4K -- I nearly had a heart attack. He was goofing around. It's more like $200. He didn't even realize it was April Fool's day but I told him that was his prank & he couldn't do another one.

DS-11's teacher pulled one on the kids -- so the kids turned around and pulled one on her. She had it written on the board that today was a 1/2 day of school....then she told them April Fool's....so the kids turned around and when it would have been time to leave on 1/2 day started getting their coats & things on to prank her back. She laughed.

That's about it.

I went for the truly juvenile prank today. I sewed all my kids underwear together. Well, I mean I sewed DD's underwear together and put them in her drawer, and I sewed DS's underwear together and put them in his drawer. I then told them to get dressed quick...they would be late for school! They pulled a pair out and they just kept coming. They were :rotfl2: :rotfl2: . Of course, they're seven so they're an easy audience.

My son who is 31 becomes a kid again on April 1.
He bought donuts for the breakroom, at work and filled them with tabasco sauce. He hid the bosses car in the parking lot.
He crazy glued a quarter and a nickle on the sidewalk in front of his store and watched people try and pick it up.
He bought potatoes and toy whistles. Cut a big hole out of the potato and put in the whistle and put them in the tailpipe of his co-workers cars. the cars whistled when they drove and some of the people couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from.
And he got me. I have an ad in the paper to sell my dining room set. Well of course "Mr Behr" called asking about it. I can't believe I called the zoo but when they said Beardsley Park Zoo I got it and said "sorry, wrong number"

He bought potatoes and toy whistles. Cut a big hole out of the potato and put in the whistle and put them in the tailpipe of his co-workers cars. the cars whistled when they drove and some of the people couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from.

Not to rain on his fun but isn't sticking potatoes in tailpipes dangerous?

A local radio station got my coworker and I.
Over a week ago, they supposedly had a lady write in to the morning show to request how to go about determining if her husband is interested in dating others (male or female).
Anyway, they were "supposedly" sending emails back and forth with her husband from an admirer.
All this was going on for the last week, and my coworker and I just thought it was way over the top to put this out on the air, it should be handled discreetly, etc...
So, this morning they read one last letter from the wife and disclosed her name as April F. Day.

That's when I got the joke. People actually called in complaining that they should have kept her identity private. :lmao:

I bought new Jelly Belly's called Bean Boozled. They're like the Harry Potter ones except that for each color there are two flavors: one normal and one nasty (ie: black was either licorice or skunk spray).

So at the end of the day (to avoid retaliation), I passed a handful of the jellybeans to each of my 8th grade students. They start munching away and it took a few minutes before some of them hit the really nasty flavors such as vomit :scared: A few of them decided to give them to others in the room, but some of them kept eating them, however at the end of the day, I had quite a few half chewed jellybeans in my garbage can :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter