Who gives stateroom credits?? Disney or TA's?

TerryCRZ

Mouseketeer
(sorry I wrote stateroom in the title, what I meant was shipboard credit)

We are pondering a possible cruise again with Disney but now we are really on a budget. We've only cruised once before and it was with Disney. We are Florida residents, castaway club members and will be paying with our Disney Visa. I heard about shipboard credits before but am unsure as to how you get them. Do you have to book through a TA in order to get it? I see lots of ads for stateroom credits but only from travel Agents on here. Does anyone have that info?

Thanks!!:confused:

I think you can get OBC's from either.
For example, we got a $100 obc on our future trip because we booked another cruise while onboard ship.
I know that I saw on the disney cruise website that you can get a obc of $25 just for booking online. There was also a obc ($50, I think) for using your Disney visa but you had to use that for the whole payment (deposit and final payment). You can also get them thru a TA. We used AAA and got a $50 one from them on the cruise we took last Nov.
I'm sure there are others out there who are more experienced at this, but I hope this helped some.
Have a great cruise. :goodvibes

Thanks Stitch!

Do you know if they only allow one credit per trip, or are they combinable? For example, I have my Disney Visa, I have AAA, and will book on Disney online. Can the AAA code be added in addition to the Florida resident promotion or does it mean that I have to book through AAA in order to get their credit?
Thans again!

Again, I'm not an expert on this (disclaimer :lmao: )
but in my experience and research, it appears that some are combinable and others are not. Don't ya love that answer? :rolleyes1
On our Nov cruise, we were able to acquire 2: one for $25 from disney (forgot how we got this one:headache: maybe because travel agent booked it online?) and we got one from AAA for $50 for booking thru them.
Yes, to get the AAA OBC, you must book thru them. Other benefit for using them is if you plan on spending $$ on souvies on the ship, you get a certificate for 10% off your purchase as long as you spend $75. I did use that one. :laughing:
I would (like it appears that you are doing) investigate all of your options to see which way you will get the best OBCs. Not sure what you get for being a FL resident. Might be a good one, not really sure. I know though, that some of the bigger ones are not combinable, or are VERY limited as to which other OBCs you can get additionally.
Good Luck. HTH :goodvibes

We received onboard credit for reserving our cruise onboard, then transfered the reservation to our AAA travel agent. We were able to combine the credits, not give one up. I don't think you get any kind of OBC for being a Florida resident (that I know of) but there are times when the rates are lower for residents. I hope this helps!

Disney Cruise Line does not allow the stacking of Disney discounts.

EX. You can not combine the on board rebooking discount with the Disney Visa OBC promotion.

OBCs from travel agents are combinable with Disney discounts as the are from different sources.

Thank you all so much!

I just have to book, if we decide to, before Mar. 22nd because that is the deadline for the Florida residency special on the April 25 sailing. I will check AAA right now to see if I can find any info through there. Ok, so let me see if I got this... If I use my visa while booking thru Disney, I can either get the Visa OBC or the booking online OBC but not both. Is that right?

I wonder if I can get the AAA OBC for going thru them.
Get them to Book it on Disney Online for that OBC.
And Pay the whole thing with the Disney Visa for a third OBC.
Wishful thinking!!!:rotfl2:

You guys are very nice as always. I love Disboards!!!!:grouphug:

A FL resident or military discount counts as a discount thru Disney. SO...you cannot combine a FL resident discount and most other Disney credits (like a rebooking on board credit, a Disney Visa OBC). In some rare cases, you can stack an on-line booking credit with something else.

You CAN combine a TA credit with a FL resident rate.

So...if you book a FL resident special thru a TA, you MIGHT be able to get an online booking credit (if TA books for you on line) and you MIGHT get a credit from the TA (if they offer one.) You will not get a Disney Visa credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter