• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who gets clinically depressed upon leaving WDW?

oxfordcircus

<font color=green>It's like you're a kid again<br>
We usually go through a period of near mourning after we leave the World. In fact it usually starts on the last day in the parks and gets progressively worse upon packing and leaving. Then it carries over for quite some time afterward. We are now 6 days post-trip and still are in a funk. Based on past experience, this will last another 2 or 3 weeks minimum. The only therapy seems to be planning the next trip, but that only helps a little. Just wonder if we're the only ones. I suspect we're not. :sad:

You are NOT alone. I know exactly how you feel. The best medicine is definitely planning a return trip :goodvibes

Absolutely! That's why we always have two trips planned so when we are on the plane back home, we go over what we want to do on our next trip so we have it fresh in our minds.

I start to go into an emotional shell on the last day. It may as well be the end of the world! If i don't have a future trip in the works, i can hardly cope with every day life! once i get home, i can't even listen to live365 music, it depresses me too much. I don't know why i get like this. I know i'm lucky to go alot, for a few years i'd been going every 3 mos! Then i think, maybe i need a longer break and need to appreciate it more. Just today, i was thinking, i have nothing going yet for 2007! yet, i have an april, july/aug and oct. trip for THIS year ! It's called disneyitis and i got it baaaaaaaaaaaaad! :sick:

I do....that is why my ticker says 3 years....at least it gives me my next trip to WDW that I can look forward to.

DH36 & DS7 always cry on the last day. Disney brings our family together like no other place except our home.

LOL, I start to get depressed BEFORE my trip if I think about the last day. I so understand.

i always feel that way! i cried and cried on our last day last march. but this trip i learned my lesson - our last day will be spent with breakfast at boma and a full day in the parks! no time to get depressed! :sunny: it is hard once you get back to the real world, i have trouble even looking at these boards if we are not planning another trip - i get jealous! i have a feeling this will be my last trip for a while, DBF likes traveling to different places :worried:

After our first trip to WDW, all that can be said is: We wanna go back! DD6 and DD7 were asking to get back home to school and friends on the last 2 days. Now that we're home, they're asking when we're heading back to WDW. I must admit - after 14 straight days of Florida sun, it's a tad depressing being back home for 7 days and we haven't seen the sun yet. And, we're under a winter storm warning tonight! Ack! :guilty: But, we've already begun the plans for next year's visit. Thank goodness for the DIS Boards - they're an inexpensive form of therapy for the Post-WDW/DCL Blues! pixiedust:

78188Dolphin1.jpg

We're with you too. I get very sad to leave Disney but my DH gets depressed. We can barely stand the excitement of waiting to go in June. We haven't told the kids yet but it's killing me. I am purchasing them SeaWorld tickets for Easter so we will be telling them at Easter. It is gonna be one happy Spring in this house.

This is why we bought into DVC. Now we are fine when we leave. :hippie:

Mellie2162 said:
This is why we bought into DVC. Now we are fine when we leave. :hippie:

How does that work? Do you have to come up with like 20 grand all at once? No particulars, not trying to be nosy, just trying to decide if it is for me.

tks.

okay, back to your thread OP...sorry to bust in. :thumbsup2

I used to think leaving Disney was depressing until this year's trip to Hawaii in December. It was beautiful there and since we have been back in Seattle (1 1/2 months), it has rained every day but 2. That is depressing.

The only thing keeping me going is knowing I'll be in the World at the end of March. :bounce:

pepperw23 said:
How does that work? Do you have to come up with like 20 grand all at once? No particulars, not trying to be nosy, just trying to decide if it is for me.

tks.

okay, back to your thread OP...sorry to bust in. :thumbsup2

Your best bet would be to visit the DVC boards. Those people over there have been members for years and have tons of knowledge, but in answer to your question no you dont have to have cash up front. You basically would make a deposit or downpayment and then monthly payments. The amount you pay will depend on how many points you buy. The minimum purchase through Disney is 150 points, however, you can buy resale which is cheaper and there is no minimum purchase. In fact the Timeshare Store supports the DIS and they have banners all over. I don't know what the price per point is right now. I have 150 and know that I will definitely need to be purchasing more in the coming years. Really I could go on and on but there really is so much more infor on the DVC boards. PM if there is anything specific I can answer for you.

Mellie2162 said:
Your best bet would be to visit the DVC boards. Those people over there have been members for years and have tons of knowledge, but in answer to your question no you dont have to have cash up front. You basically would make a deposit or downpayment and then monthly payments. The amount you pay will depend on how many points you buy. The minimum purchase through Disney is 150 points, however, you can buy resale which is cheaper and there is no minimum purchase. In fact the Timeshare Store supports the DIS and they have banners all over. I don't know what the price per point is right now. I have 150 and know that I will definitely need to be purchasing more in the coming years. Really I could go on and on but there really is so much more infor on the DVC boards. PM if there is anything specific I can answer for you.

Thank you so much for your great response!!! DH said, after I read him your answer, that if it is something I want to do, we can certainly look in to it further. woo hoo. With him that usually means okay.

I cry evertime we leave. We were there about a month ago and I was crying when we were leaving the resort. Then I always have to go see Tigger before leaving. I stold him that I had to leave today but I'd be back again some day. I was doing my best not to break down in from of him, especially with all those people around. I just put my head down and walked away before they could see me.
Maybe the next time I'll let him see me. Maybe he'll feel bad for me and come home with me! :rotfl2:

Lori

GO STEELERS!!

Yes I too feel depressed.

I rcomend (also) to definately combat this illness by planning the next trip! I did find that if you spend at least 2 weeks there....That way by the time you THINK you should be leaving you suddenly realize...hey...you still have one more week left!

We did this 2 years ago and plan a two week vacation EVERY year...plus one week to get throgh the dry spell.

pepperw23: yea, ya gotta come up with some money then you can take a loan/mortgage out for the rest.
Well worth it I think.
I may not have a savings naccount worth more than $200.oo but I have sanity twice a year!
:-)

I do get depressed too. In fact, I'm planning our June trip now, and I started getting sad planning the last day. :sad2: Isn't that crazy? Oh well. That's why you continually plan trips, or at least get to doing something to get your mind off it!!!

Oh, I do, and right now it's bad! We are 2 weeks post-trip, and all three of us are suffering from serious PDD (Post-Disney Depression). For two weeks it's been, "One week ago right now, we were at the MK. Two weeks ago right now, we were watching La Nouba. Three weeks ago right now, we were checking in at CBR.", etc. In fact, last night DH got called in to work. When it was time for DD to go to bed, she wanted to watch a video, so I pulled out the tape of resort TV that we made three weeks ago (DH had brought the VCR to tape the premiere of "24", so I had him tape resort TV as well.). When DH came home, both of us were on DD's bed watching the video with tears in our eyes. He promptly got on the computer and started pricing a June trip! We hate the heat, but I think I could handle it just to be back at WDW! However, if not June, then definitely Nov/Dec. I have to be there at Christmas just once!

Being at Disney is like being in a really great dream from which you don't want to awaken. We always drive, and with each mile that passes on our drive home, the more I feel like I'm being pulled out of the dream, and back into reality. I hate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter