Who gan give me best directions from MCO airport to Disney Port Orleans Riverside?

fox

Earning My Ears
What is the best route from the airport to POR?

I've used some mapping software and get 2 different routes.

One goes west on 528, then south on 4, get off exit 26 to Epcot Center Dr, the onto Bonnet Creek Rd.

The other goes south from the airport, west on 417, exit International Drive to Epcot Center Drive.

Which do you recommend?

We always do the south exit to 417. Go through 2 tollbooths ($1 each), get off at exit 6, International Drive. Go straight, that takes you to 536 (Epcot Center Drive). After you pass through the Disney Arch, get off at the next exit, Downtown Disney. Go straight at the light, POR will be about a mile down the road (Bonnet Creek Parkway).

Originally posted by DebbieB
We always do the south exit to 417. Go through 2 tollbooths ($1 each), get off at exit 6, International Drive. Go straight, that takes you to 536 (Epcot Center Drive). After you pass through the Disney Arch, get off at the next exit, Downtown Disney. Go straight at the light, POR will be about a mile down the road (Bonnet Creek Parkway).

This is DEFINITELY the better way to go, if for no other reason than you avoid the I-Drive traffic mess.

Anne

Agree with DebbieB and ducklite - much easier (ie less traffic) this way. I think even getting out of MCO its easier this way. Good luck!:D

I dream about in my sleep! ;) Driving to Disney from the airport is so exciting, you're finally almost there! On the other hand, driving from Disney to the airport is depressing....:(

I am going in 3 days. I was planning of going the beeline express. So you all are saying go this way? We are going to FR-QT. Would the directions be the same?? thanks...corvair

The Beeline would be the north exit and you would have to exit off and get on I-4. I've never driven it to give you specific directions. But one time I remember going that way with Tiffany Town Car and it's much more traffic. I-4 is always a nightmare, I use it when we go up to Belz and hate it. The first time I rented with National they gave me a printed directions card and used the south exit to 417 and that's the way I've always gone.

I am also a fan of the 417/Greenway and normally take that route for speed and efficiency. But...the one drawback to the southern route is that it is DULL! It is a nice highway but if you didn't know you were Florida, it would be like any other road in the US.

The Beeline, on the other hand, has all these great billboards, that let the kids know that they are in Orlando, Florida. Billboards for WDW, billboards for Universal, billboards for Seaworld, etc. After our long plane ride, it usually lifts all our spirits when we see these signs and know our vacation has begun.

Traffic on I-4 can be a pain but it really depends on the time of day you hit it. I've always noticed "rush hour" to coincide with park opening/closing times (both WDW and USF) and with dinnertime. If you manage to avoid these, you should be fine.

My two cents, Steve

Take the South exit to 417, it is the most direct and fastest route. If, however, you decide to take I-4, the exit numbers have changed...I don't remember what 26 is now.

For what it's worth, my memory of the toll booths from last Dec is somewhat different. I don't remember exactly but I believe there were at least 3 toll booths and at least one of them was less than a dollar. Take lots of quarters!

In any case it's a very relaxing drive. And if you've just rented an unfamiliar car, it is very nice not to take it into heavy traffic right away.

Route 417 - if you get off at International Drive, exit 6, it's 2 toll booths, $1 each. If you continue on to the Osceola Parkway, exit 3, I believe it's another 25 or 50 cents. Exit 3 would make sense for people staying at All Star, AKL or MK resorts. Exit 6 is closer for Epcot Resorts & Downtown Disney Resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter