• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who feels like a Thread-Killer? Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

3.gif

Hi blue Glad to hear that you are getting rich quick :thumbsup2

No Alex will not be moving to Ottawa afterall.

Right now nursing at a summer camp near Bancroft from June till September is in his future.

Then he wants to take another year of college to become an Advanced Level Paramedic (of some sort :scratchin )

He would most likely go to Windsor for that. Then he would live at home and commute to school if it were convenient. It is a one hour drive each way.

Yup, it's a busy week coming up and I'm not really stressing about the housework. I haven't even started that laundry yet ;) The way things are looking it will be Sunday before I get to it :sad2:

Hi blue Glad to hear that you are getting rich quick :thumbsup2

No Alex will not be moving to Ottawa afterall.

Right now nursing at a summer camp near Bancroft from June till September is in his future.

Then he wants to take another year of college to become an Advanced Level Paramedic (of some sort :scratchin )

He would most likely go to Windsor for that. Then he would live at home and commute to school if it were convenient. It is a one hour drive each way.

Yup, it's a busy week coming up and I'm not really stressing about the housework. I haven't even started that laundry yet ;) The way things are looking it will be Sunday before I get to it :sad2:

Well I missed that news somewhere in the thread then :confused3

A one hour drive isn't too bad except during the winter months :headache:

I did that for 11 years and during the winter storms, it easily turned into a two hour drive :mad:

I'm glad to hear he still plans on going to school :thumbsup2

For laundry, I throw a load in here and there, that way it doesn't seem like there's so much to do. Which reminds me - I want to start washing all the winter blankets :rolleyes:

:cat:

Have a good night everyone!

speaking of cats....... there is also a cat on the nursing home floor that might dad would be staying on:thumbsup2

We didn't see it while we were there but we were told it roams freely wherever it wants to go.

:cat:

Have a good night everyone!

speaking of cats....... there is also a cat on the nursing home floor that might dad would be staying on:thumbsup2

We didn't see it while we were there but we were told it roams freely wherever it wants to go.

:wave: Robin

Sleep well :hug:

Sorry I was also MIA the past couple/few days.
Good luck with everything today!:hug:
Thanks PD! DH will be home 4-5 more weeks. Trouble with healing and lifting still. He can lift up to 25 lbs now but, that's not enough for his job yet. :sad2:

My mom just can't take it anymore. The other night dad told her she couldn't come into the bedroom because she was not his wife:guilty:

It's so sad because of course he doesn't realize that he is having so much trouble and doesn't think he needs to go. I think if he doesn't go, my mom's health is really going to suffer for it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: <~~~~~~ this about sums up my mood today :guilty:
:hug: I'm sorry I wasn't here for you yesterday Robin! You and your Mom need to make these hard decisions, unfortunately. :sad1: I wish there was a cure for this personally painful disease. :sad1:

BUT It is better to have him where someone can help him 24/7...and Im sure she could go and spend all the time she wants there with him...except nights of course......:flower3:
ITA! Mom needs a break. :guilty:

I guess I'm mourning the loss of my big, strong daddy who would always do things for me:guilty:

If ever I needed anything done, he was always right there ready to help out.
If my Dad ever gets this disease, God Forbid, I would feel EXACTLY as you do! He always does so much for me, even when he tells me to call my brothers, HE ends up here anyway! ;)

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

...I'm back to myself again!

Tomorrow is my play day - I'm headed to the movies popcorn::
Glad you're better! Who WERE you tho when you felt sick?? :rotfl:

What movie are you seeing? popcorn::

Really really nice and it doesn't cost anymore than any of the other homes. They are all price regulated to be exactly the same amount.
GRAB IT ASAP!!! :thumbsup2

And, more :hug: & :grouphug: Robin!!

WORK work worK! :mad:

tHEN i AM HAVING LOTSA TROUBLE GETTING TO THIS THREAD....dISBOARDS ARE MORE ERRATIC THAN EVER:confused3

:upsidedow

good morning everyone.

Ann, I forgot to say I'm glad you are feeling better. It's not fun being sick:goodvibes

Hi Kim.

Sounds like DH will have to be patient for a bit longer, huh? I'm sure he's about going crazy sitting around home.

DU, good luck with that work:thumbsup2

I don't know how you can manage to work so much and to take care of both of your parents at the same time. Wow, you really must be superman:thumbsup2

I'm just gonna to get ready then I'm off to Toronto to get Alex. It's quite foggy right now, so I'm hoping that will clear up real soon :eek:

Be back later :wave:

:goodvibes Good mornin TK'ers...and those Pesky Lurkers!
(stop in say hello)

I don't know how you can manage to work so much and to take care of both of your parents at the same time. Wow, you really must be superman:thumbsup2:
DONT THINK ABOUT IT....JUST DOOOOOO! AND WHEN MY HEAD HITS THE PILLOW i AM ALREADY ASLEEP! :lmao: Thats ONE problem I dont have!:goodvibes

I'm just gonna to get ready then I'm off to Toronto to get Alex. It's quite foggy right now, so I'm hoping that will clear up real soon :eek:

Be back later :wave:
:yay: :yay: :yay:

Hiya Threadkillers!

Robin - you drive carefully.

We had somewhat "foggy" conditions. The smoke from the Georgia & N. Florida wildfires has made the whole area look like it's blanketed in fog - and the smoke is smelly. Hopefully, we'll get some of the rain from that subtropical storm (who would have thought we'd have a named storm in May!) as we're in a drought here.

I'm off to see "Lucky You". I saw Spiderman 3 last week and (please don't flame me) I thought it was good - but not great. Usually I go on a Wednesday or Thursday when everyone is working or in school...this one was on a Saturday and it was SO crowded - which I think helped form my opinion. I'm going to see it again later to see if that opinion still sticks.

Oh...I don't remember who asked, but one nephew will be 21 and two (they're twins) will be 12.

Hello to everyone - I hope you're having a good day at work, play, whatever! BTW, is it my imagination, or did I miss DalPal this morning! A special good luck with your day DU.... nice to see nsalz & kim back! PD112 - you keep a short leash on nsalz and make sure she posts more.

As always....love to :dance3:

:wave:

Hiya threadkillers!

Life is moving quite fast for me at the moment...I've been lurking enough to at least keep up with all the goings on around here...it takes time to stop and post tho~you all know that.

Two weeks from today DD and I should be landing in San Jose about this time :woohoo: My Mickey luggage arrived yesterday! Very nice luggage at that, not cheap at all...unlike the price ;)

I'm still waiting for my camera backapck to arrive, I put out an email to my sales rep today so he can see what the hold up is...I've got a Target run to do, refilling all my soaps & shampoos for the last time before we leave (I hope.) It is still two weeks away~I'm sure I'll need to make a small run before we go.

Mother's Day at my house will be as simple as a BBQ with my immediate family. Alls I wanna do that day is realx and enjoy their company.

My next trip to the theatre will be to see my favorite Captain! POTC III on May 26th in Cali Babeee~

I think I'm the only one who didn't have fog this am...it's beautiful and sunny and supposed to be in the 70's and 80's the next few days.

Hubby is going to see Megadeth (heavy metal band) with my BIL tonight so I'll be all alone at the house tonight...as long as my kids aren't on it I am sure I'll visit with my favorite threadkillers to keep me company~

I got Penny a groomer appt for tomorrow, she just got one about two weeks ago but only got a trim. I've learned that she really needs a full on haircut when she goes cause she's already knotted up and dirty and if she had had a real hair cut she wouldn't *need* to go back just yet. Oh well, lesson learned.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Congratulations to you!!

Colleen, your trip is also coming up real soon :woohoo: :woohoo:

The way life is around here these days, I'm gonna need another vacation real soon too;)

Congratulations Rory!

What are your dates dude?

Yup, two weeks from today Brittany and I will have spent our first day ever in California together :woohoo:

I work so hard every single day, I savor every vacation I get to take.

Whens the next one for you robin?

Whens the next one for you robin?

The first actual vacation we have planned for right now is the Disney Cruise in January next year.

I would imagine that we will do something before that though.

I am going North to help Alex move home in a few weeks but that's not really vacation. It is travel though:thumbsup2

Maybe a weekend to take my mom to find her sisters gravesite later this summer.

Other than that, no actual vacation plans in site. :3dglasses

The first actual vacation we have planned for right now is the Disney Cruise in January next year.

I would imagine that we will do something before that though.

I am going North to help Alex move home in a few weeks but that's not really vacation. It is travel though:thumbsup2

Maybe a weekend to take my mom to find her sisters gravesite later this summer.

Other than that, no actual vacation plans in site. :3dglasses

Where do you have to go to look for the gravesite?

John and I have a long weekend planned this summer in williamsburg, a week at the beach in nc and a week in Orlando in December, all with my friend rose. Yes, the same person I am getting ready to go to cali with. She is a traveling fool. She leaves for a cruise to the carribean with her hubby tomorrow. She will be back for two days and then leaves for cali with me.

Her mission in life is to travel to as many places she can, she's doing a pretty good job at that huh?

isn't this thread suppose to be for thread killers? whats with the convo about a holiday?

This is a sanctuary for threadkillers, a thread that will not die. How else are we going to keep it alive if not thru conversation?

Welcome to our sanctuary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter