Who else is going for the first time?

CindyZ

Mouseketeer
OK, I have a question....

It seems as if I'm among the "newbie" crowd of people going to USO. This August will be my first trip to IOA and US....who else will be USO virgins soon?

The best is always the first time to see an amusement park. Be sure to notice all of the theming. In the Dueling Dragons area there is a magic show. Be sure to listen to the rock area in front of the entrance. You need to walk slowly through there. The Suess Section will make you feel 6 years old again and that you are walking through one of his books. Be sure to ride some of the rides and go in some of the stores. Above all enjoy yourself and ignore the crowds!

Hi Cindy!

How exciting to visit for the first time!!! I have been to Universal many times but this past Dec was my first trip to experience IOA. It was all that and a bag 'o chips! LOVED it! I am so hooked on these parks and cant wait to get back.

As far as USO virgins...I'm pretty sure Barry is one.:tongue:
I hope your trip is everything you anticipate as well:)

We are also going for the first time--we will be staying for 2 nights at the Hard Rock--my sons (ages 8 & 13) are really excited! I posted something in another forum--I just noticed this message board--oh, well! I'm new to this! We will be there the weekend before Thanksgiving and then on to WDW (for the first time as well!) Hope you and your family have fun...any comments/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

We are going for the first time too!! My DS's can not wait to ride Spiderman and JP River advwnture. We are leaving in 70 days and will be at USF on 10/13 and IOA on 10/14!! I can't wait!!

I admit it, I am going for the first time in Sept. Spending one day at IOA. Still have to choose a day....

9/22-9/29 ASMu
10/00 land and sea CBR
9/99 ASMo

We're going for the first time too, only for one day, on our trip home to Old Key West at Disney the week of the 19th. Waiting for the silly vacation planning video to show up so we can make a final choice between US and IOA. :) Have to admit to leaning towards IOA, although the kids will be disappointed to go all the way there and not see Nickelodeon...so we'll see. I'm excited, but the rest of the family is still Disney oriented and doesn't seem to even remember we're trying Universal as well. *grin*

Count me in as a first timer. I am really excited about going. We will be there in Feb so I hope the crowds are good and the weather is nice.

First time to IOA (been to Universal in California), leave in 12 days. 4 nights at HRH. Need a change from WDW, hope we won't be sorry! Seems to be a lot of controversal going on over hours and parking.

My son, 7, will be a first timer although I did Universal maybe 12 years or so ago. We will be there 11/29 and 11/30 and then get on the Magic for the 7 day cruise on the 1st. We're hoping my son grows another inch so he can make the 54" rides, he is a daredevil (rode matterhorn at 2 and the rest like space mtn at 3 - luckily he is a bit of a giant) and I have to pay my sister's way so she will ride the roller coasters with him, I'm a wimp and not ashamed to admit it!!

Our first visit will be this November. I admit it, I am one of those folks who say something like "give up days at disney to go over to universal, no way!" But the kids and DH wore me down, so off we go for part of our 10 day WDW trip. I wonder will I feel differently when I come home?;)

Originally posted by JessicaR

As far as USO virgins...I'm pretty sure Barry is one.:tongue:
I hope your trip is everything you anticipate as well:)

I've never heard of Universal. Is it part of Disney? :)

As for the USO virgins, the last one in the park gets the can of pork brains (with milk gravy!). :D

Well, pork brains sound pretty GROSS Barry!

I've never been to the one in Orlando, but me and DH have been to USH... (so are we half virgins?) But we have not been to IOA...

We've (me, DH, and 4 kids) have never been to Universal Orlando. We're staying at the HRH Aug11-14.

Hey, it's great to know that I'm not the only Virgin in the group. To tell you the truth...I think that the true Disney finatics will think I'm nuts...because we've only done DW one time...and now that we have a chance to go back to Florida...we've chosen Universal instead. I have to admitt...being that close to Mickey and his friends...and not going to see him will be a bit sad...but it's just not in the budget to do both...so we had to chose. I like variety...and now I'll know which I want to do the next time. My older boys will certainly like USO...and I'm so glad that IOA will have stuff for my 5 year old too! The only think I think that he will miss most is the Buzz Lightyear ride! But I hear that the MIB ride may help with that.

I had maybe thought that we would get over to MK for one day..but then AAA now has the buy 2 days get 1 free day....so I think that I'll go for the free day instead.

By the way..."The4ofUs".....watch out when you view that vacation video...as corny as it was....it WORKED for me. They are really getting my money because of that video. The original plan was that we were just going to Florida to visit relatives...and MAYBE going over to Universal OR IOA for a day. So I ordered the video....and watched it on a cold day here in CT.....and WALA...it's now 2 days at the HRH...and 3 at the parks!!

Thanx for all the responses!

Yes cindyz, click on the edit button at the bottom of one of your duplicate posts, then you can delete it.
Anyway, put me on the "maybe" list. We are going to Florida for a short trip in November and I dunno what we're gonna do yet. Still contemplating...we have never been to USF or IOA

here is another family is new to US/IOA, we are going the end of Aug. just can't wait!!

This will be my family's first visit this Dec.
It's a good thing I can promise my 17 yr old son some days at US and IOF because otherwise he wouldn't want to go.

He is looking forward to the thrilling rides that DW just doesn't have for teens.

As for myself I hope I'm able to do most of what is offered.

Do these parks appeal more to a younger group?

Hi Dumbo5!

Youre son will love you for taking him to IOA and as for you...I think both the parks IOA and Universal will hold a great amount of appeal for you as well:) At Universal you should be able to enjoy all that is offered rides and attractions unless Back to the Future is too much. Just make sure you sit in the front. As far as IOA...its ALL great and the colors and themeing of the different Islands will surely win you over as well. Only 3 rides come to mind that you may think is too intense.okay four. The 2 dueling dragons, Hulk, and Dr Doom's fearfall. But IOA offers WAY more than just that. Dont know how you feel about water rides but there are 3 at IOA also. Have a wonderful time!

This is my first time to Florida. We are leaving on Saturday hope the rain will stop soon.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter