• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who else is glad they do NOT have a trip planned right now?

mill4023

DIS Veteran
I never thought I would say this, but I really am glad I don't have an upcoming trip planned. I feel bad for those who get to be the guinea pigs for the FP+ mess.
We haven't been since 2011 and I'm really wanting to go again, but I'm definitely waiting until the testing is done and things have stabilized.
Actually, I'm thinking maybe a Universal/Sea World trip later this year and hold off on Disney until 2015. Yes, I know Universal doesn't have free Express, but at least I already know how everything works there and how to make it work for us.

We just switched to Disneyland. We are trading a short flight for a longer one to the West Coast. We are fans if DL so it was not a tough choice at all.

Not me, I wish I was there right now!!!

We went in November and had a perfectly fine experience with rope drop and FP+, didn't pull any paper passes at all.

Not me either! Our Sept trip was so great we bought APs again, went over New years week on the spur of the moment, and have already booked for February. Magic Bands/ FP+ was terrific, even my DH thought we had hardly ever had a better time.

We were there in December and decided to take a break. Too many changes too fast, too much confusion (guests and CMS), too many hiccups and the lines were crazy for early December. Hopefully by 2015, Disney will have the bugs worked out. We are in the early stages of planning a trip to California with a few days at Disneyland.

Never thought I'd feel that way either, but at the moment I do. We moved back north in August of 2012 and haven't been back down yet. We hoped to go last November mid month for a long weekend and DH said I had just too much I was trying to cram into a short trip. So we didn't go. Now I wish we had, no matter how crammed.
We have a week long trip planned in early May (not the whole week at Disney, but 5 days in the parks.
We've been going to Disney since 1982 and had APs for over 5 years while we lived down there 2007-2012. We rolled with the punches when changes occured that we weren't crazy about.
Not sure at all about the MB and/or FP+. Never had any difficulties with the original fast pass (or without it before it came into being). Didn't use them much.
I want to make one more trip. And was hoping I could make it as near perfect as possible so we'd have some more good memories. Now I just want to simplify it (????) if I can.
:confused:

Nope, I'd go tomorrow if presented with the opportunity. I was just there the second week in December with my sister, and we had a blast. The Magic Bands and FP+ worked like a charm, and we had the time of our lives. :goodvibes

I'm already planning to start putting the money away each month come April for my next trip in 2015. :woohoo:

I just got back on Monday and already have my 2015 ticker. MB/FP+ was spectacular, and the only thing I regret was how much money I spent. LOL.

No, not bothering me at all. We will be there next week and looking forward to it.

Not me!

We were there the first week of December and had a GREAT time! :thumbsup2 Loved the MBs, and had only minor (and easily fixable) glitches with FP+.

Can't wait for our next trip in April. :cool1:

i'll take a bad FP+ day at Disney over a good day at work any time!

we are actually in the thick of planning our December trip...maybe by then SDMC will be open and MDE & FP+ will be a little bit smoother

When I first started planning, yes I reconsidered. But now with 26 days to go and my FP+ reserved I'm actually getting excited. Everything is in line and I have a plan that really wasn't any different from the start. Of course I am still bummed about having "only" 3 FPs and the tiers but I have to say I am pretty excited about the prospect of being able to tour without jumping all across the park to get a FP to go back later. It's a trade off I suppose.

I never thought I would say this, but I really am glad I don't have an upcoming trip planned. I feel bad for those who get to be the guinea pigs for the FP+ mess. We haven't been since 2011 and I'm really wanting to go again, but I'm definitely waiting until the testing is done and things have stabilized. Actually, I'm thinking maybe a Universal/Sea World trip later this year and hold off on Disney until 2015. Yes, I know Universal doesn't have free Express, but at least I already know how everything works there and how to make it work for us.
the testing will be done this year two parks have already gotten rid of legacy FP rumor is the other two will be that way by the end of the month. The testing as of late has been going very well. Your vacation should not be ruined by fastpass there was a time 15 years ago when FP wasn't a thing. Also when FP was first announced people didn't think it would work look it did. Now disney is trying to improve the system make it simpler for guests and everyone flips out because of change. It's like when disney gets rid of a ride some people get mad some people are happy. All disney resort guests are on the system and have been for a few months. Off site guests are just getting to using FP+. From the testing that is going on now in AK and MK it's been going very well minimal problems. Biggest problem is getting the people who don't do any research or planning to understand the system. Disney is doing this test in the best way possible. If you don't like a band you don't have to get it ask for a KTTW card instead of wearing a band. Legacy FP is going away and your going to have to get used to it at some point.

We were just there Dec. 31 - Jan. 6 and we can't wait to go back. I'm looking at 2015 dates now...

Magic Bands and FP+ worked like a charm for us... even during the busy week.

I never thought I would say this, but I really am glad I don't have an upcoming trip planned. I feel bad for those who get to be the guinea pigs for the FP+ mess.
We haven't been since 2011 and I'm really wanting to go again, but I'm definitely waiting until the testing is done and things have stabilized.
Actually, I'm thinking maybe a Universal/Sea World trip later this year and hold off on Disney until 2015. Yes, I know Universal doesn't have free Express, but at least I already know how everything works there and how to make it work for us.

I have been twice during the testing and we have another trip planned. FP+ is not difficult to use.

I am so glad that I am not scared of change.

We were happy to be guinea pigs when we went in November, had no problems and we are going again in 10 days for another visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter