Who else is excited about the return of The Little Mermaid?

Scornelius said:
I am just on pins and needles waiting for the DVD to come out next week! :banana: It's my most favourite Disney movie ever, and my husband has never even seen it. (Some people!)
Every time a commercial comes on, I get a little teary and start tugging on his sleeve. He made a comment about it being a perfect Christmas present, but I told him that I was simply incapable of waiting that long, and it would be a much better idea to get it immediately.

Oh my goodness! We're twins!

I love this movie most of all - DH has never seen it.

DH said he'd "just get it for me for Christmas" when I was going on and on about the commercial the other night and I explained that there was no way I was waiting that long! I'll be buying it next week! :woohoo:

I bought the original DVD awhile ago on Amazon, but I'm anxious for the special edition DVD to come out. It's one of dd's favorite movies. :)

I missed it the first time around, so I'm really looking forward to it. They say it's the animated feature that saved Disney, so I'm really curious.

This was the first movie my oldest DD ever saw in a theatre, so it has very special memories for me. Her 21st birthday is next week, and even though I have a fabulous gift already for her I am sure I will be buying 2 copies of The Little Mermaid . One for her and one for her sister :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 (OK, maybe one for them and one for me... it's all the same right? ;) )

ABSOLUTELY - we have the VHS version (well, we have two, but one is toast because we watched it so many times :rotfl: ) DD thinks she IS Ariel, so I can't wait for her lithos to get here and we can decorate her already over-decorated Princess room!

Al and Kate's Mom said:
ABSOLUTELY - we have the VHS version (well, we have two, but one is toast because we watched it so many times :rotfl: ) DD thinks she IS Ariel, so I can't wait for her lithos to get here and we can decorate her already over-decorated Princess room!

That's so funny - we also have two of the VHS version, one is worn out but my dd won't let me get rid of it. My dd, now 18, actually believed for a long time that she was the Little Mermaid. I would have to fight with her to get her out of the bathtub because mermaids lived in water, lol. This was the first movie I bought for her and she is so excited about the DVD.

Now she has a boyfriend named Eric and we have a Old English Sheepdog - I don't know if this a coincidence or if she planning it this way. I hope we get to move into a castle soon, lol.

I'm counting down the days!! My DD wants to be Ariel for Halloween (mermaid version) and I got her some Little Mermaid wallpaper border off of Ebay to redo her room in. Now, if I could only find some bedding to go with it. Can't believe Disney doesn't have much related products out there with the release. The only thing I'm aware of is a Ninentdo gameboy game being released on Tuesday too. Oh well!

I just can't wait to see my FAVORITE princess again!!

Lori

I thought my sister and I were the only ones who cry when we see the preview! Every time it comes on I tear up. It is our favorite Disney movie of all time. We were 5 and 7 when it came out and completely, 100% obsessed.

We used to get together with friends of ours, put every character name in a bowl, and then pick out your "part" for the movie. Then we'd put the movie on and you would have to say the lines along with the character. :) And of course, we were ALWAYS Ariel in our swimming pool. :)

DSis and I are having a LM viewing party the day it comes out and I have been gearing up by listening to the soundtrack in my car on the way to work this week. :)

Just a heads up that Best Buy has the best price ($14.99) and will be giving away a Sebastian or Flounder plush away with the DVD.

Dodie said:
Oh my goodness! We're twins!

I love this movie most of all - DH has never seen it.

DH said he'd "just get it for me for Christmas" when I was going on and on about the commercial the other night and I explained that there was no way I was waiting that long! I'll be buying it next week! :woohoo:

What is it with these men? Do they not realise that Christmas is almost 3 whole months away? Even if it was coming out December 3rd, I think I'd have a hard time waiting the 3 weeks! :goodvibes

I know exactly how it's going to play out: Jamie will come home to me hopping from foot to foot, holding it out in front of me with tears of happiness streaming down my face. I'll drag him to the living room and for the next 2 hours he'll just be staring at me, agog, as I recite every word and sing every song, complete with voices and accents. (Oh Les Poissons, here I come). He'll then go pull out a copy our wedding vows and ask me to show him where it says he has to put up with this. I'll point to the sickness and health clause, as this is clearly a medical condition. Hyper Sub-Aquatic Personality Fixation. He'll then return to the couch, only to shed a tear as King Tritan shows such tremendous love for his baby girl, that he releases her to the life, and Love, she so desires. *sob*

(That really is a tear jerking scene, isn't it??)

I took my DD24 to see it in the theatre when it came out. I love it too! We have the VHS but I would love, love, love a DVD of it! :fish:

TheOtherVillainess said:
I can't wait either. I remember seeing the movie in the theatre and just absolutely going ga-ga in 8th grade when our choir teacher picked "Under the Sea" to be one of the songs for our spring concert. :cool1:
So funny-I just bought a new guitar song book and I got "Disney Classics" just because it has all the "Little Mermaid" songs in it! (Cinderella songs and other ones too!)

I can not wait, it was (and still is) my favorite disney movie. My favorite character maybe tikerbell my I can probably recite everyword to Little Mermaid and I will not let my daughter touch the VHS (that is all I own it on at until Tuesday) tape. So count me in on doing the happy dance. :woohoo: :cool1: :cheer2: :bounce:

Does it make anyone else feel old knowing that its already time for Little Mermaid to come out of the vault? :confused3 :sad2:

Oh man, I am SO excited about The Little Mermaid being re-released. It's my all time favorite Disney movie. It was the first movie I ever saw in the theater, I think I was like 2 when my mom took me :goodvibes We had it on VHS but our VCR ate the tape like 6 years ago. I was totally bummed. But now, I get to have it on DVD so it's all good :banana:

My favorite animated Disney movie ever!!!

It was originally released right around the time my DH and I got married. I am a redhead, he has dark hair...he is my prince! LOVE IT!!! :love:

I still have my original copy in VHS format (I even have the one with the "bad" castle on the cover) ;) :lmao:

I can't wait!! :Pinkbounc

Oh I'm looking foreward to next Tuesday. This is one my dd's favorite movies, she's already worn out her vhs and dvd copies of it. In fact, I hope one of sets of grandparents also buy it for her for her birthday in Nov or Christmas, so we'll have a spare!

momto2 said:
This was my daughter's first and favorite movie (she will be 17).

My DD is 17 also and Little Mermaid was her first favorite movie too. In fact, she called it Little Merdade for the longest time :)

When she was little everything she had was Little Mermaid including her sheets, comforter, PJs, etc.

I don't know who is more excited to get Little Mermaid, my DD or me :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter