Who Else Is A Team of Two ???

My husband and I will run/walk together for the Adirondack half in September. This should be interesting because as others have said, for childcare reasons we do not train together.
I will run/walk the half in Disney alone. These will be my first long distance races and I wasn't sure if ipods or mp3 players are allowed?
Jen :goodvibes

My husband and I will run/walk together for the Adirondack half in September. This should be interesting because as others have said, for childcare reasons we do not train together.
I will run/walk the half in Disney alone. These will be my first long distance races and I wasn't sure if ipods or mp3 players are allowed?

Erica and I both wore our iPods for the Disney Marathon. There were lots of MP3 players there among the 6 hour time group. You can leave one ear open at the beginning when it's a little conjested if you want to but once you get going there is plenty of space around each person.

Dave:hippie:

Unfortunately, the USA Track and Field banned all headphones/iPods/mp3 players/cell phones at any of their sanctioned events a couple of months ago. If you are caught with any of those items, you have to give them to the race official (you will get the item back), if you refuse then you will be disqualified from the race.

John (DH-Space Ranger) & I are a team. We almost always train together. Sometimes when we are at the track we will go our own paces but we are still there together. The few shorter races we have done we did at our own paces. Our 1st half in Philly last year we did together and our plan was to do the WDW half this year together (along with our DS20) too, but John had a tough time with the heat & insisted that Sean & I go on ahead of him. Our plan for WDW 2008....John is going Goofy, so he will do the half on his own & then we will do the full together. Also, as of right now, our plan is to do CDC, RFTT & TOT together too. Training together helps us get out the door and racing together helps us stay on pace. Plus we really enjoy experiencing the whole race experience together.

Training together helps us get out the door and racing together helps us stay on pace. Plus we really enjoy experiencing the whole race experience together.
Yup. Very well put!

I would love to have a training partner, but with 2 little kids we can't. Maybe one day it will happen, tho I am thinking that maybe my DD6 may eventually be my partner. She loves those kids races!!! We ran one together in May the day before my 1/2 marathon. She was awesome. She ran her heart out and then started running out of steam, so I told her to walk a bit and to let me know when she was ready to run again. I think she liked having a mom that knew how to do intervals!!! :rotfl:

we are a team of 6 plus our cheerleaders! I am so excited! I can't wait till meet all of you. I have been doing better at my running and exercise. :) lost 2lbs this week. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

we are a team of 6 plus our cheerleaders! I am so excited! I can't wait till meet all of you. I have been doing better at my running and exercise. :) lost 2lbs this week. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Hi Miranda, do we get to meet you guys at the ToT event?

Lynnda (crzy4pooh) and I are somewhat a team. Due to schedules we wind up training at different times so we can watch the kids. At races, we start together and then go our separate ways till the finish since our paces are different. I wind up getting ancy when trying to keep up with Lynnda so we decided it is better to do it separately for now.

Bill

Hi Miranda, do we get to meet you guys at the ToT event?

I so wanted to go to these. Halloween is my favorite time of year. But its just not the right time right now. and the bank account is getting smaller as we speak! LOL So it will just be the donald at this point. but take plenty of pictures for me Dave. PLEASE! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter