Who else has a large age gap between children?

We always found this to be a huge benefit of the age gap.

My oldest (now a HS senior) has always enjoyed the "kiddie" stuff. She will freely admit that and let her excitement shine now, but when she was in that in-between age it was really nice for her to have the younger siblings as an "excuse" to enjoy things that she might have been embarrassed to admit around her peers. "But, mom, I really think the little ones would like to ride Peter Pan again... or Sister would really love to meet the princesses, maybe I should take her..." :upsidedow
Like my 9 year old getting emotionally invested in an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I was an only child, but remember having a lot of fun "babysitting" littler kids with my mom because I could play Barbies.

We have a pretty large age group in our family...DSD is 21, ODD is 7, DD is 11 months, and I'm pregnant with our 4th daughter, due in March...I can't speak to what works for our family at Disney yet as we aren't visiting until December, but we took a 2 week cruise when DD was 5 1/2 and we did stuff as a family, but also gave DSD her space and let her do what she wanted for a lot of the day as well...she and her dad also went off and did some things just the two of them...ODD and DSD had some time together and the three of us girls did some fun stuff as well...basically, we all spent time together and in little groups, but also gave our oldest some time to herself...that worked great for us...thinking we'll do the same this time, though it will be a challenge to get time alone with ODD now that I have a little one.

There are 13 years between 1 and 2 (fertility issues, gave up . . . surprise . . . . and then another surprise) -- my kids are now 21, 8 and 7. We have never all gone together. My oldest has been in college and hasn't wanted to come along. He does want to come along when we do Universal, but I am waiting another year or two for that because my youngest is on the smaller side, and I am not paying money to go to a park where he can't ride most of the rides.

Hopefully by 2017 he'll be able to join us.

5.5 years here. This was the first trip in 4 that my younger one was old enough for BTMRR, 7 Dwarves etc but he didn't want to go on them, he was too scared. I don't mind splitting up at all. It gives us one on one time with the kids. My DH took ODS to extra magic hours and they stayed until 1am. I brought the younger one back around 10. It was the highlight of the trip for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!