Who else besides me feels so sad. When in MCO about to go home??

I always felt this way too ::yes:: Now we fly out of Tampa, and we don't see many WDW arrivals from there :sad2:

I ALWAYS feel that way! My cure is to sit in the airport and begin planning the next trrp! I NEVER leave without knowing exactly when I will be back! :yay: That makes the trip home a little more bearable!

I moved to a town that is southwest of Orlando. It still has orange groves and grazing cattle.

I always feel sad at the airport going home. On the flip side, when I arrive and see people who are obviously leaving I feel bad for them knowing it will be me in not too long of a time. The only cure is booking another trip...

We just got back and we always feel so sad when we are leaving no matter how long we have spent at Disney or no matter how great of a time we have had. We do like many others do and reflect on what a great time we had and start planning our next trip. There always is a next trip right around the corner!!! :goodvibes

faindrops27 said:
This has been on my mind recently, since my trip is coming up in Sept. Well, what happens every time to me is this. I am on my way home walking through the airport, to catch my flight home. And, I see all the people arriving to go to Disney. It is like everything goes in slow motion. And I get so sad. :sad2: It just seems as though, no matter how much time I spend at Disney it is never enough. I always experience this. It is etched in my mind. Does anyone else. Experience the same thing?? :confused3
Yes...except my sadness creeps in while still at WDW. Actually...it happens during each "segment" of our extended vacation. While at the PBH...preparing to leave our suite after a week, I find it difficult to imagine the first week of our planned vacation has passed by--all gone wayyy to soon. We're still "okay" with it, as we know we have the entire rest of the stay all stretched out in front of us.

After another 2 weeks at Disney's Vero Beach, we stand in the cottage together on the morning we are packing up the vehicle and wonder aloud to one another. We all think & say the same exact thing, "where did ALL that time once stretched-out in front of us...actually go?" And, when we are preparing to leave WDW, after another 4-6 weeks in a resort suite on property (or two), we always lament that no matter HOW long we visit or vacation--it is NEVER long enough. We are sad to know the show continues each evening, and the night we leave will be no different. There will be more laughter, another illuminations and another Fantasmic. Life continues each day in a never-ending rhythm...even when our time there comes to a close. :cloud9:

The only thing which helps to ease this pain, is always knowing we are returning like clockwork the following year. This, coupled with the fact we can drive to Disneyland anytime (once home) for a MK fix makes the pain more palpable! :goodvibes These two things help to alleviate the "sting" associated with having to abandon another summer (yet once more). :confused3 It would not matter if we visited WDW for one week, one month or three months...it would always feel the same. We just have so much fun there each year, it is always sad to see it all end. :wizard:

I feel this way too. I am happy when I land but then see people leaving and think that's me in a few days. Then on my last day I see all these people checking in and am near tears! But the cure for that is to plan another trip!

When our WDW trips consisted of 7 park days this happened, probably because we left some planned things undone. The last 2 trips, and next March, had 10 days in the park with half of arrival day to stroll BW. On the last day, we don't feel like we NEED anymore. Now if someone gave us more days at that point, we'd take them, but we've been feeling 'fulfilled' with 10 days. Another thing that might modify Post Disney Depression is that we often spend the last evening at the Hyatt at MCO, have a snack and a few cold ones in the lounge, and this serves as a transition time. We're done with Disney well before we board the plane next morning. Additionally, with a March trip, we're only a few months away from our Myrtle Beach vacation with the extended family, lasting from 10 days to 2 weeks. If there's something to look forward to, we don't look back much.

Bill From PA

Normally it's not too bad, but last vacation DH surprised me.

We were at the Boardwalk Bakery using up our snack credits. DH was outside on a bench and when I came back with the goods he wasn't looking very happy. I asked him what was up and he said I'm so mad, all those people are just starting their vacation and we have to go home!!

It was a very precious moment to me, DH is now converted to the mouse!!

Glendamax said:
The only thing worse than that is seeing people being dropped off at your resort as you are pulling your suitcases to the curb to be picked up :sad2:

Ugh, I hate that!!!! I get sooooooo jealous!! I remember that feeling even as a kid. I think that's worse than the airport, because once I'm at MCO, I get so distracted trying to get myself and the fam on the plane I can't focus on others. Again, ugh!!!

We are always sad when it comes time to leave. When it came down to our last couple days what I did was.......

Extend our stay by 3 days, and book our next trip. This took the BITE out of leaving our favorite place. :goodvibes

For us, it's not the airport....it's the envelope! You know the one I mean....the one hanging from the doorknob when you return from the parks all happy to find IT just waiting to mock you and tell you it is time to go home!!

Last time we did a split stay and received two of them!

I get the same way. We always drive because we hate flying and the drive back home always seems ten times longer than the drive down. I even get sad while at WDW cause I'm sort of OCD about the whole thing. I'll say to myself when we first get there yay we have 6 or 7 more days of magic! Then towards the end of the trip I'm thinking, ohhh man, we only have like 2 days of magic left. I wish I could let go of these feelings but it happens to me every time. The only way to relieve it, for me, is to start planning another vacation.

For me, it's not the going home so much as going from Disney service to real world service.... and nothing brings you back to the real world like airport employee service :furious:

I've always got another trip planned so that helps too!

Normally I do. However, when we were flying home this past Saturday night, I knew something was going on at home with our cat so I could not get home soon enough.

Usually the only thing that gets me to get on the plane to come home is knowing that we have another trip all ready in the works. :)

Two years ago as we were driving to MCO I played my new "Wishes" CD and it just made me cry to think that this might be the last time I'd be at WDW just the four of us since my son was 17 at the time. My then 13 year old daughter said, "Mom, don't cry. We'll come back again" and you know what . . . she was right! We leave on Monday - just the four of us for WDW again! My now 19 year old son somehow managed to get off work and come with us! I'm trying hard not to go there with "This could be the last time we . . . " do anything with him running through my mind constantly! I'm sure leaving for home this time will be especially hard but I know he'll go with us again - we'll just probably have to bring his girlfriend along with us the next time we go! :rotfl:

NC State said:
We don't fly but I do hate those little envelopes they tie to your door knob on your check-out day. I can't open the door, I make my husband get it:(

Oh I know what you mean. We do fly and the hardest part for us is the walk from the room with our luggage to the Magical Express. Just knowing that we are going to take that ride to the airport. :wave: It seems so long. Watching all the people that are just getting there makes it even harder to leave! They are so happy!! I try to be happy for them!! :bitelip:

See this is why I love the Dis, and the diser's so much. We are like one big happy family. At least most of us. :p A poster said, he/she reflects on the blessing to be able to even have been there. That is so true. I should think about that in September. It is a blessing to be able to go. Alot of people never get the chance :sad2: Anyhow, I just wanted to give you all :grouphug: for sharing your thoughts with me. You all are the best!!! :wave: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter